THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

… and good evening lovely Crew xx hope your Sunday has been relaxing and you’ve managed an nice autumnal afternoon nap 😆 xx 🤗

I’ve been trudging through the english mud and think you will be happy with my efforts for you 😎 ….. okay okay, I noted the comments about my beat up hammered yesterday …. And poofff… today you have 2 crisp ones and 2 cut ones, along with a slick Willy…..! xx don’t say I don’t delver 😂😂😂 xx enjoy xx

Thread 'An Awesome Day’s Detecting 😎 xx'
https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/an-awesome-days-detecting-xx.689588/

I had a great hunt yesterday with 3 spills. The first spill was three wheats one mercury and one standing liberty, 50 Cent piece. My first standing liberty, 50 Cent piece. I wasn’t done there as I continued around the hill I found my second standing liberty. The next spill was two wheats and last spill was five wheats and two mercury’s. Before the last spill, I got the Sterling pirates ring, so fitting for this pirate. LolView attachment 2112354View attachment 2112355
Excellent work Evan xx love seeing what you boys find! xx 🤗

Back in uk and it’s just as much of a soggy mess as when I left.. doesn’t seem like I can detect this week at all.

I did however get to a fleamarket and made a huge purchase, huge in terms of quantity because I counted over 700 xD unless I messed up calculating badly that is. (I used a calculator and added up in bunches of like 15-20+ coins.. as much as I could pick up in a handful and count then placed if in a pile and repeated until I counted everything up)

What’s your opinion? I thought I did rather well for £30, not reselling anything tho just wanted to grow my collection.

There’s things from 1700s and newer mainly, do have things like a William 3rd coin weight and a few other interesting bits too tho!

Attachments

• 9BE34D58-5AF8-4DC9-B215-3E2466C6C146.jpeg
    9BE34D58-5AF8-4DC9-B215-3E2466C6C146.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
  • 9C38365C-A235-4CAB-AE47-D9566EAD7297.jpeg
    9C38365C-A235-4CAB-AE47-D9566EAD7297.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
  • FD170AE9-39E1-4DFA-B9D6-1180F880045C.jpeg
    FD170AE9-39E1-4DFA-B9D6-1180F880045C.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • 08949933-1FF5-4582-A47C-DDE1E266B428.jpeg
    08949933-1FF5-4582-A47C-DDE1E266B428.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • 2082D5BF-9B6F-48E3-9C30-5C5217327A83.jpeg
    2082D5BF-9B6F-48E3-9C30-5C5217327A83.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
Back in uk and it’s just as much of a soggy mess as when I left.. doesn’t seem like I can detect this week at all.

I did however get to a fleamarket and made a huge purchase, huge in terms of quantity because I counted over 700 xD unless I messed up calculating badly that is. (I used a calculator and added up in bunches of like 15-20+ coins.. as much as I could pick up in a handful and count then placed if in a pile and repeated until I counted everything up)

What’s your opinion? I thought I did rather well for £30, not reselling anything tho just wanted to grow my collection.

There’s things from 1700s and newer mainly, do have things like a William 3rd coin weight and a few other interesting bits too tho!
Hopefully you done good. I know very little about most foreign coins.

I mean worked out to like 4 pence a piece so yeh, looking on ebay and stuff just the commemorative coins alone would pay for the lot and more. Doubt I did toooo bad heheh but now I have weeks of cataloging stuff
Still cool regardless. Some coins gain value the older they get

Still cool regardless. Some coins gain value the older they get
Tbh I just like the variety, don’t care about the value.

The stuff includes things like a coin weight which is a 1st for me, lots of cool tokens including commerce alliance tokens or something like that and lots more like so many more I can’t even remember all the ones I though “ohh this one is so awesome!”

Tbh I just like the variety, don’t care about the value.

The stuff includes things like a coin weight which is a 1st for me, lots of cool tokens including commerce alliance tokens or something like that and lots more like so many more I can’t even remember all the ones I though “ohh this one is so awesome!”
You like them then so that's all that matters

Had my little gold nugget for awhile now always wonder why it looked so dull. Well a bath in vinegar and then toothpaste brush and the result where just some sort of soil that stuck to it. Made a world of difference.

Attachments

• 27e0b468-3e01-4153-8e14-da06a7f13a81.jpg
    27e0b468-3e01-4153-8e14-da06a7f13a81.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 18
I had a great hunt yesterday with 3 spills. The first spill was three wheats one mercury and one standing liberty, 50 Cent piece. My first standing liberty, 50 Cent piece. I wasn’t done there as I continued around the hill I found my second standing liberty. The next spill was two wheats and last spill was five wheats and two mercury’s. Before the last spill, I got the Sterling pirates ring, so fitting for this pirate. LolView attachment 2112354View attachment 2112355
Your one walking is a super grade coin... be careful with it.
You should look into a proper restoration of it.

Huge congratulations! I’m jeally, also!

Are you happy? Yes. Well, that’s what it is all about. Nice haul.

Great hunt Evan getting those lovely silvers.

Are you happy? Yes. Well, that’s what it is all about. Nice haul.
thank you, and yes of course. theres so many intresting bits in there that i didnt have and ive added like 10 countries at least inc Jordan, more from Iraq,Belgium,jamaica and many many more.

got some lovely old french ones and french tokens too!!!

Good morning all! I had one more bag of coffee hiding in back that I forgot about. Seems like a good one for a Monday. The back of the bag says it's the "world's strongest coffee".

IMG_2623.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back