THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

20231022_072717.jpg

Good morning everyone.

When I first started with my boss we raced the famous canting keel mono hull "IL mostro" the monster. This was a wet, bare bones, exhausting boat to race. Later we wood sell this boat and go on to win the mackinaw race (world's longest fresh water sail boat race) in the luxurious, and illustrious "white hawk" a 105 foot bermuda ketch. I definitely miss my time on deck during these races !!

49 in SoCal; our winter has arrived.
Mornin' all.
Don....
Oh poor you Don. Braving such horrible conditions.🤣
Back 40+ yrs ago having lunch in your neck of the woods in Feb.
The gal I was with stuck up a chat with the ladies at the next table.
The GF commented that just a couple of days previous we were looking at 10ft snow banks along the streets.
One lady replied: " Oh I can't even imagine that! I don't even own a winter coat"
🌶 thought " Oh poor you, not being able to afford one"
Silly thoughts of being young.

I had a great hunt yesterday with 3 spills. The first spill was three wheats one mercury and one standing liberty, 50 Cent piece. My first standing liberty, 50 Cent piece. I wasn’t done there as I continued around the hill I found my second standing liberty. The next spill was two wheats and last spill was five wheats and two mercury’s. Before the last spill, I got the Sterling pirates ring, so fitting for this pirate. Lol
IMG_0750.jpeg
IMG_0752.jpeg

I had a great hunt yesterday with 3 spills. The first spill was three wheats one mercury and one standing liberty, 50 Cent piece. My first standing liberty, 50 Cent piece. I wasn’t done there as I continued around the hill I found my second standing liberty. The next spill was two wheats and last spill was five wheats and two mercury’s. Before the last spill, I got the Sterling pirates ring, so fitting for this pirate. LolView attachment 2112354View attachment 2112355
Dang what a awesome hunt. I've never done even close to that good

Great hunt for sure Evan!
I found my first two Walking Liberty halves about 8 feet apart in the Sierra forest a couple years ago. Found #3 and #4 about 4 feet apart earlier this year in the southern Nevada desert.
I guess they like hanging out together!

I had a great hunt yesterday with 3 spills. The first spill was three wheats one mercury and one standing liberty, 50 Cent piece. My first standing liberty, 50 Cent piece. I wasn’t done there as I continued around the hill I found my second standing liberty. The next spill was two wheats and last spill was five wheats and two mercury’s. Before the last spill, I got the Sterling pirates ring, so fitting for this pirate. LolView attachment 2112354View attachment 2112355
Incredible!
Congrats!
Quite a site and sights!

Those look like walkin liberties to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back