THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Got a big decision to make this early AM.
What kind of pancakes should I make.
Spelt what?
Raspberry, Strawberry, Blueberry, Banana, plain?

Topped with melted butter.
Stewed Strawberries, or fresh Peaches with or without whipping cream.
Maple syrup is a given.
Something like this one time.
I could do a bit of each then I would have a selection.
View attachment 2106210
As my dear old mum would say…. If in doubt…. Have them all…😆 xx

I have never found a pony.... i wanna find a pony. :(
….
IMG_9089.jpeg

They are Shetland ponies..so short stumpy legs… think they are about 10hh .. (hh = hands high) ((1 hand = 4inches)) Xx
I also learnt something this morning that horse measurers had small hands.
Maybe they were from Shetland and they wanted their ponies seem taller.
I do know that folks were shorter
( I still have knots on my head from a few long ceiling beams in cottages and pubs.)

I also learnt something this morning that horse measurers had small hands.
Maybe they were from Shetland and they wanted their ponies seem taller.
I do know that folks were shorter
( I still have knots on my head from a few long ceiling beams in cottages and pubs.)
Its one that has always baffled me… imagine. “ahoy Sir Peps my good man, how big is ur magnificent stead?” …”oh hang on Lady Blossom .. give me a moment to dismount and place my hands atop of each other from the ground to his wither… and i will be able to give you a rough idea…” 🤔….!!! 😂😂

Its one that has always baffled me… imagine. “ahoy Sir Peps my good man, how big is ur magnificent stead?” …”oh hang on Lady Blossom .. give me a moment to dismount and place my hands atop of each other from the ground to his wither… and i will be able to give you a rough idea…” 🤔….!!! 😂😂
Later on upon arriving at the local pub and having a mug of grog with fellow travellers.
I commented to another my earlier meet up with a bold bonnie lass.

"Well she praised me on my magnificent stead"

Well I just about fell off the bloody mount I'm telling you now I did, I turned a fair shade of red also.
It's not everyday that a sweet bonnie lass inquires such details.

Well I was kind of tongue tied I was, while she was giving me that look with those eyes. You know the up and down like she was painting a canvas or a wall, my god I really think she was really enamoured with what she behold.

Just then the barmaid tapped me on the shoulder and said: You do realize you daft boy that a stead is the horse-shaking her head in a slow sympathetic shake.

Now we know the origin of the song "Tears in my Beer"

Later on upon arriving at the local pub and having a mug of grog with fellow travellers.
I commented to another my earlier meet up with a bold bonnie lass.

"Well she praised me on my magnificent stead"

Well I just about fell off the bloody mount I'm telling you now I did, I turned a fair shade of red also.
It's not everyday that a sweet bonnie lass inquires such details.

Well I was kind of tongue tied I was, while she was giving me that look with those eyes. You know the up and down like she was painting a canvas or a wall, my god I really think she was really enamoured with what she behold.

Just then the barmaid tapped me on the shoulder and said: You do realize you daft boy that a stead is the horse-shaking her head in a slow sympathetic shake.

Now we know the origin of the song "Tears in my Beer"
Genius Peps 😂😂😂😂😂…im Literally crying with laughter 😂😂 xx 💕

We got the repair done. Well, the Mr is done. I need to gather some more rocks later to fill in . For some reason I have big bare sections. There’s plenty of rocks around here, no problem with that. My back however!

View attachment 2106219
Looks great WD

Though enlargement of the photo I can see what we call stubble.

You need to get the Mr WD to cut it lower as the blossom will contest that high stubble makes it really hard to swing the coil.
Just saying....

Good morning ma Lady..apologies ….but honestly Peps and RC have the ability to write such funny stuff i do literally have tears of laughter.. !! xx 🤗
Well I will wear that one as a compliment. Thank you.
(Nothing better than having a bunch of piratesses wearing the emotions on the sleeve)
Now for the weak kneed pirates that wear their emotions on their sleeves that's a sight to be seen.
Personally I have been known to shed a few watching a tear jerky movie.
Seriously it's good to hear that we all produce a tear in good humor times.

Well I will wear that one as a compliment. Thank you.
(Nothing better than having a bunch of piratesses wearing the emotions on the sleeve)
Now for the weak kneed pirates that wear their emotions on their sleeves that's a sight to be seen.
Personally I have been known to shed a few watching a tear jerky movie.
Seriously it's good to hear that we all produce a tear in good humor times.
Your most welcome. 🤗 xx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back