THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

A waiting room years ago I pivked up a Nat. Geo. to read and it featured Cuba 's wrecks and the weath of them.
Non Cuban divers (a hobby /passion/nonpirate type folk) were having a challenging time modding repairing and trying to cobble dive equipment.
No they couldn't remove any relics ect. But they were diving...

The government (Castro factored highly as he dove himself... ) kept the general public and non Cuban traffic in check regarding wreck salvage or really interest in wrecks.

Anyways I thought it sucked after reading that ; for the average Cuban when there was so much laying under water. And knowing the government wasn't going to recover it and pass it around. (what one would?)
I didn't know Cuba/Castro opened the door to recoveries , under watch and control ,of course...
I know a cuban who was head of underwater archeology in cuba.....he defected, and owns an underwater boat cleaning business.....this guy knows the location of every major galleon that Castro wanted to excavate. He says havana harbor alone has billions in sunken gold, silver,and jewels !!

The above is truly a long mystery ..... a very long one... hoping one of you can read Japanese. heh
I have read this many times and the above is clearly English.
Screenshot_20230617_071524_Chrome.jpg

Now if had said this I wouldn't of known it said what the above said.

THE ランダム チャット スレッド - 別名「RCT」 - シャツも靴も必要ありません - 24 時間年中無休でオープン
THE randamu chatto sureddo - betsumei `RCT' - shatsu mo kutsu mo hitsuyō arimasen - 24-jikan nenchūmukyū de ōpun

Which translate into:

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7​

Well for years the Mrs has wanted to go to this art showing.
Outdoor artwork for gardens and landscaping.
So this year we're going to see how thinner the wallet will become.
Have a great day everyone

When I watch these videos I realize just how tuned in I am with the marlin fishing....I see things I would have set up better, and im one of very few boats that don't fish dredge reels, don't have side scan sonar, only have one mate....me....where as 95% of boats have 2+mates, and I fish wire not mono !! Still got 3rd place this year, and caught the biggest fish of the tournament!! Old school island style fishing !! Big blue marlin in my barefeet!! Wooo hooo !!

When I watch these videos I realize just how tuned in I am with the marlin fishing....I see things I would have set up better, and im one of very few boats that don't fish dredge reels, don't have side scan sonar, only have one mate....me....where as 95% of boats have 2+mates, and I fish wire not mono !! Still got 3rd place this year, and caught the biggest fish of the tournament!! Old school island style fishing !! Big blue marlin in my barefeet!! Wooo hooo !!

Was looking for something else last evening and glanced at a couple lines on another account...
I'd tried to find the old story and posted before.

Upper teens in feet of length. Mention of 20-25 feet!!!! Tahitian area if recalled correctly.
Gear would have been taxed to the limit back then.
But twenty footers?
I used to be tough , but put me on bait catching duty after a couple that big even back when....

Well, I am tickled pink! I have been researching these bottles that I have bought. This one, the E. F. Rinehart Druggist Troy, Oh., is prior to 1878! I found two biography posts. One was a traveling salesman for the company. He started in 1873 and worked for 5 years traveling across Ohio, Indiana, and Michigan. The other was of a guy who purchased the store from E. F. Rinehart. "shortly after 1876," and became N. Tobey & Son. I am so happy! I got a very old bottle from my area!

Ohio group 06-2023 E F Rhinehart Troy.JPG

Attachments

• Ohio group 06-2023 E F Rinehart Troy 2.JPG
    Ohio group 06-2023 E F Rinehart Troy 2.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 9

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back