THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

We were living at a cottage once and this coon busted into the porch area. Made a huge mess as coons tend to do.
Few nights later I heard it again, I opened up the door and it was ripping the screen out of the porch door.
I unloaded 8 .177 cal. onto it from Beretta.
2 nights later it's under the cottage ripping at the floor of the pantry area, try to get in.
So I hit it in it's ass 8 more shots.
Saw it many times over the next few months, it would walk by and growl at the cottage.🤣

pepper... You want a FUN gun ? Umarex M1A1 ! I've put a shade over 7.000 rds. thru this baby(98% of them in full auto,at 30 rds per second) without a single jam of fail to feed. Incredible quality ,and for a smooth bore quite accurate. >> https://www.pyramydair.com/product/legends-m1a1-177-full-auto-blowback-co2-bb-gun?m=5125
That group is 60 rds(2 one second burst -full auto- at 12 yards :):icon_thumright:
001.JPG
019.JPG
022.JPG

Calling Cap,n ARC! There,s a guy on today,s finds needs help with a rum bottle.Figured you,d be the go to guy for that!
He knows where the shipwreck lays, and if you know any information regarding this bottle-email him.
I'm so sceptical at times-but I'm calling this one a "Big Ship"

Speaking of Bob Munden,I saw him split a pistol bullet on a axe blade once on his TV program.
One of the annual blackpowder shoots we attended regular , the last station of the woods walk (varied targets varied distances . Cut a string ,cut a playing card with it edge facing you ect.) was a double bitted axe blade in a block with an edge facing you. A clay pigeon about three inches each side of that blade.
You had to split your lead ball and break both pigeons.

Ex was bragging me up as the group we were shooting with approached the last station as in "he gets this".
I was neither a top shooter often , or a blood shooter /must win at all costs or be a whiner or angry after. But I sure didn't want everyone focused on me.
I've blundered some shots. O.K. I've blundered period.

Three falls of the hammer at a station is the rule. Your gun don't go off by then you're done and get a goose egg.
This is why you learn a particular gun , and all for that matter. Care and feeding kind of thing.

Anyways..
Not sure where in que I was being nervous of being studied but my first fall of the hammer on old faithful resulted in just the cap going off.
(A good way to tell if someone flinches!)
Dog gone it!
Recapped , and same thing........ Pop!
That leaves one more try. So I pulled the nipple and added some fine 4FFFF gunpowder (carried for just such an occurrence , note I don't call it an emergency . Angry grizzly would have had me a while ago already) into the flash channel.
I'd pulled an earplug to converse while frogging around and as I dumped the small amount of powder (rifle barrel muzzle down and roughly toward target for safety) I could hear something on the leaves. It was powder. Running through an empty barrel I hadn't loaded!

"I'm done" I told a friend in the group.
But you get one more try he said.
Ya I replied. But I'm not going to be able to make the shot now!

Sheesh. (Red faced icon.)

Mornin all.

For coon , a live trap with a whole egg for bait. Straight P.B. , or peanut butter mixed with sardines. Or a single marshmallow in the live trap and some pieces of another outside it.
Lure can be bottled coon pee. Fish oil. Or the slimy stuff from a baggie of fish.
A piece of corn cob in an area with corn makes a good scent holder. I placed such about a foot and a half off the ground near the set.
Lure draws them (and skunk and possum and who knows what else)in range. Bait draws them into trap.
For some a sight lure can be added at / near the set . A single suspended small feather for example. Something nonhuman scented to catch the eye.

Fur sales are near enough rock bottom to expect little if any gain for prime late fall early winter pelts.
Summer hides not worth killin a coon. Unless you want to make leather or bootlaces out of one , and or eat it.
But , low trapping pressure and few predators makes for many coon at times. Though one coon alone can seem like too many if it's conditioned to haunt your yard.

Prime fur season is the time to reduce a coon population. Which is of little use for those with a coon problem right now.

Well I got the electric fence all up and running now single wire to start as the other neutrals and positives will come with time.
Another time sucking event where it took 3X as long as planned.
But I have hate on for that coon, though I should of moved the game cameras to watch the jump back.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back