THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Releventchair and JVA5th:

1645205190539.jpeg

That silver windfall that friends of our inherited well the final tally was $558 scrap value on the coins. They were very surprised that it was worth that much and they didn't know the ins and outs of liquidating nor were they interested in doing it. So they insisted I take 1/3 of the proceeds to take care of it for them. So I did an etransfer for $400 and they only wanted $375. Since the usual outfit I deal with in Monreal is only by appointment these days and parking downtown is a nightmare. I'll use someone out of town who sends you and a free shipping label with Canada post. Rather than taking cash I'll probably go for some silver rounds for the $400 portion and take cash for the balance.

That silver windfall that friends of our inherited well the final tally was $558 scrap value on the coins. They were very surprised that it was worth that much and they didn't know the ins and outs of liquidating nor were they interested in doing it. So they insisted I take 1/3 of the proceeds to take care of it for them. So I did an etransfer for $400 and they only wanted $375. Since the usual outfit I deal with in Monreal is only by appointment these days and parking downtown is a nightmare. I'll use someone out of town who sends you and a free shipping label with Canada post. Rather than taking cash I'll probably go for some silver rounds for the $400 portion and take cash for the balance.
Ain,t it nice when a deal like that works out so everyones happy!! Glad yours worked that way.

Ain,t it nice when a deal like that works out so everyones happy!! Glad yours worked that way.
I guess they figured it was found money so why not share the wealth. we have done them many favours over the years also. I know the missus is a cooking nut so I passed along a free online gourmet cooking course a couple of years ago worth $120.

So tonight on the menu salmon steaks. Steamed asparagus and some cherry tomatoes on the side. I'll take some potatoes cube them up small and coat them in olive oil, salt, pepper and some dried oregano and roast them in the oven on a cookie sheet. Oh almost forgot gotta sprinkle them with some garlic powder for the capt'n.

I just was out walking the Max, and he was trying to figure out what piece of bush was his bathroom selection.
Heard a whooshing sound, looked up and a big Bald Headed Eagle was taking off from tree tops.
So that made a sad day into a happy day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back