The Peralta Stones

Good evening,

I believe the knife is there. If you look closely at these two images, I believe you can make out the arrow or hilt of the knife pointing at the number 1.

stone crop.jpgstone crop2.jpg

Sincerely,

Infosponge

The "D" on the handle of the otherwise simple and unadorned blade (with two symmetrical cutting edges) is duplicated as the first letter of the inscription "D"EL RIO.The "R" in RIO is duplicated on the Upper trail map.....SH.

Attachments

• -D-EL RIO.jpg
    -D-EL RIO.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 261
  • R.jpg
    R.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 263
SH>>>> IN 1847, the insurrectionists began the revolt in """"((((Don))))"""" Fernando de Taos The >>>>"D"<<<< on the handle of the otherwise simple and unadorned blade >>>> (with two? symmetrical cutting edges?)<<<< Remember this is a Drawing on Rock not a definate photograph. As they say nothings cut in stone. REGARDLESS The arrow points down on a definate for sure cutting angle downward. BEST REGARDS John V. Kemm

Attachments

• 1835-1861Bowie.jpg
    1835-1861Bowie.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 306
  • 1835-1861Bowie.jpg
    1835-1861Bowie.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 392
  • 1847 Bowie.jpg
    1847 Bowie.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 746
Good Morning,

Here are some examples of Boucan Knives. I believe these predate the Bowie knife, and the one on the left looks a lot like the one carved on the stone. Note how the shape of the handles on all three examples shown, are a very close match to the shape of the handle of the knife carved on the stone.
boucanknife.jpg
"The famed 'Boucan' knife that was originally made by the old Buccaneers is a heavy bladed weapon generally made from a broken or cut down saber or hanger. The heft and weight of the Boucan made it an asset in slaughtering and dressing the wild cattle and hogs that the Buccaneers based their livelihood on. The heavy blade let it hack through bone and sinew like a cleaver, without the unwieldy length of the original sword. The Boucan knife typically retains the hilt of the sword it is made from, while the blade length can vary from ten inches to twenty inches. They are very common in Jamaica, Santa Domingo, Cuba and Hispaniola and through out the Caribbean islands."
http://pirates.missiledine.com/blades.html

Sincerely,

Infosponge

Wayne,

"Personally,I don't believe that they lead to any mine."

If you follow my map up onto the the ridge between West and East Boulder Canyons, just south of Willow Spring, you will find a mine right where the X is located on the Stone Maps.

Not saying that it was ever a Spanish mine, but it can be found using the maps.
I believe the other Xs are also important, one even being Harry LaFrance's cave of gold bars.

If I were still going into the mountains, I believe I would be searching for something in the area of the X in front of Weaver's Needle. (Triangle slash)

Take care,

Joe

Bueynos Diaz,

Somehiker you are pretty close. Let's think about this knife for a minute. The number one reason the knife was placed on the stone maps was to determine direction, right? Does the knife point north or south? As we read in SFNM post about the carved knife not being the idea of what the knife should look like is not important. The knife is being used to determine a north or south line, correct? The "D"was placed on the handle to tell us the knife is pointing south. Why? Beacause this type of knife, the "D" handled Bowie knife was the preferred knife of the Confederate combat troops, the Army from the SOUTH. So, somehiker what are the clues that you have discovered telling you to do?

If anyone has not yet noticed a number of my posts start with the opening phrase "Bueynos Diaz", this is a coded phrase. See original post.

Have a great day, its another hot one.

Ellie Baba

Ellie Baba said:
Bueynos Diaz,

Somehiker you are pretty close. Let's think about this knife for a minute. The number one reason the knife was placed on the stone maps was to determine direction, right? Does the knife point north or south? As we read in SFNM post about the carved knife not being the idea of what the knife should look like is not important. The knife is being used to determine a north or south line, correct? The "D"was placed on the handle to tell us the knife is pointing south. Why? Beacause this type of knife, the "D" handled Bowie knife was the preferred knife of the Confederate combat troops, the Army from the SOUTH. So, somehiker what are the clues that you have discovered telling you to do?

If anyone has not yet noticed a number of my posts start with the opening phrase "Bueynos Diaz", this is a coded phrase. See original post.

Have a great day, its another hot one.

Ellie Baba

Ellie,

Your logic in going from a "D" on the handle of a knife, to the "D" Handled Bowie being the favorite of Confederates, to the knife pointing South is more than a bit of a stretch. Your convoluted theory also fails to take into account the fact that the "D" is sideways and the arrow that points to the "1".

Let's see.................

D could be the Spanish for Derecha/o (right or straight ahead, but we'll use Right). That means we follow the arrow that points to the right. It is pointing at the "1". So; we have the "D" handled bowie, which means South because it was a favorite of the Confederates. The arrow points at the "1". Who was the number one Confederate in the South? Jefferson Davis. Since we now know that Jefferson Davis is an important figure in the Stone Maps, we now look at the number 1847. What was Jefferson Davis doing in 1847? Colonel Davis commanded the Mississippi Rifles in the Battle of Buena Vista in the Mexican-American War, where General Santa Ana was soundly defeated. Did Colonel Davis' Men capture a valuable treasure an bury it in the Supers?

SEE! I can do it too! I can be nutty just as good as anybody else!

Best-Mike

Mike,

[D could be the Spanish for Derecha/o (right or straight ahead, but we'll use Right). That means we follow the arrow that points to the right. It is pointing at the "1".]

I suppose you are just kidding, but you are on the money. The arrow is pointing to the (1), which the primary (easiest) trail leading to the final location and the heart.

The curved trail climbs up the side of the ridge, crosses over a saddle and drops down into Little Boulder directly to the heart and triangle.

Just another opinion to throw into the mix. Mexico and the Jesuits were also in the south. :o

Take care,

Joe

cactusjumper said:
Mike,

[D could be the Spanish for Derecha/o (right or straight ahead, but we'll use Right). That means we follow the arrow that points to the right. It is pointing at the "1".]

I suppose you are just kidding, but you are on the money. The arrow is pointing to the (1), which the primary (easiest) trail leading to the final location and the heart.

The curved trail climbs up the side of the ridge, crosses over a saddle and drops down into Little Boulder directly to the heart and triangle.

Just another opinion to throw into the mix. Mexico and the Jesuits were also in the south. :o

Take care,

Joe

As was Spain

The last line of my post said it all! I can be just as nutty as anybody else.

That said Joe, I agree with what you said. I have always believed the "D" stood for Derecha/o (Straight ahead, direct). This points to the most DIRECT ROUTE to the mine. My reasoning was that to get there, you had to skirt the West Side of the mountains, while the other route took you straight through them. The more time you spent outside the mountains, the more dangerous it was and more likely to get spotted by Apache.

That's why they usually took the longer, more circuitous route through the mountains.

Best-Mike

Mike,

The Stone Maps show a number of ways to get to the final location. The first, and most obvious, was up Hieroglyphic Canyon. It was also the most difficult or......dangerous. What it didn't have, was Apache.

It was the quickest way, coming from the south, to get into the mountains, along with Hog Canyon. It's been known for a long time that Hog Canyon was monumented.

Just one man's opinion.

Take care,

Joe

Gollum stated; Ellie,

Your logic in going from a "D" on the handle of a knife, to the "D" Handled Bowie being the favorite of Confederates, to the knife pointing South is more than a bit of a stretch. Your convoluted theory also fails to take into account the fact that the "D" is sideways and the arrow that points to the "1".
SEE! I can do it too! I can be nutty just as good as anybody else!

My logic is based upon context, which is due to the amount of knowledge that I possess as related to the stone maps, which by the way is vast. As we all know, or should I assume even this point? Statements can be taken out of context, i.e.; you are assuming that I am nuts because I am stretching a point. I am stating a fact Mr. Gollum and it is based upon sound documentation that I am not yet ready to make public.

The most important part of any map is the legend; which way is north?

“D” could be the Spanish for Derecha/o (right or straight ahead, but we'll use Right).

DEAD WRONG! When you say right do you mean east? When you say straight ahead do you mean north? In which direction are you going? Make some sense here guys because the following statement actually makes me laugh;

The arrow is pointing to the (1), which the primary (easiest) trail leading to the final location and the heart.

Am I to understand that you are basing a directional line on the number one (1) because of a trail?

Have any of you ever taken a serious course in cartography? Watch out, De Niza made the same mistake and he ended up on a wild goose chase. If you cannot interpret the stone maps you will spend the rest of your lives looking for nothing.

My statement was not made because I am nutty, or that I had an epiphany. I provided you all with a special piece of knowledge that someday I will disclose 100% with verifiable documentation. Have any of you transferred the horse to the 1900 topo map? If you haven’t then I must assume that you are not seeking the truth, or I am a nut and checking out the information is a waste of time or too much work. If that is the case, I do not wish to waste my time or yours.

Have a great week my friends,

Ellie Baba

Slightly Off Topic: Santa Fe - Santa Fe ~ The Royal City of the Holy Faith, the oldest capital city in the U.S. and end of the historic Santa Fe Trail, is indeed rightfully called the city different. The fifty mile square of which Santa Fe is the center is unexcelled for historical interest and scenic beauty anywhere in America.

The Palace of the Governors, with world class shopping, dining and entertainment add to the quaintness and beauty of the city. The La Fonda ~ the inn which marked the end of the Old Santa Fe Trail ~ remains in a class by itself.

Nestled at 7000 feet in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, Santa Fe, New Mexico, the "City Different", is America's oldest capital city and claims a long history and rich cultural heritage.

Founded as a capital city in 1607 by Spanish explorers, it was once claimed by the Pueblo Peoples, the Spanish Crown, Mexico, and the Confederacy. In 1846, it was ceded by Mexican Federation to the U.S.

Present day Santa Fe is internationally renowned for its contemporary, cosmopolitan sophistication. The city is celebrated by an unsurpassed quality: ambiance.

Santa Fe is famous for its culture, art, and traditions. It is home to America's third largest art market, the Santa Fe Opera, world class dining, hundreds of quaint shops, and unlimited outdoor activities.

Attachments

• Santa_fe.jpg
    Santa_fe.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 656
hio: small point, but 'Derecho' also means correct or your 'right' / os = rights. Sooooo, are we talking about straight ahead, to the right, or that you are correct, such as the 'B' actually meaning '8'?

Incidentally, the stone knife is definitely not a Bowie knife design, sorry. The hooked point is characteristic of a Bowie. A Bowie is designed principally for slashing, not direct penetration. A Take off from the Bufflo hunters skinning knife.

The knife engraved on the stone is of the stiletto design, often used by the Spanish, or the so called 'Arkansas tooth pick'. This is designed for penetration, but not nearly as efficient in slashing.

Don Jose de La Mancha el *Tropical Trampo*

RDT - thank you for seeing what I see when I look at the knife/dagger on the stone. I don't see a Bowie knife at all - I see a double edged dagger just like the "texas toothpick" you mentioned. I was beginning to think I was the only one that saw it that way.

I have no clue of the relevence if any however.

texastpick1.jpg

My own finding is that the dagger,for that is what I understand it to be,does not point to any cardinal direction.Both the symmetry of the point and the blade,as well as the length of blade relative to the grip,are indicators of the type and usage as a symbol.The stones should not be viewed,nor can be understood as a primarily top-down representation.They are,IMHO,a combination of representations using a form of "symbolic logic" devised by Athanasius Kircher(SJ.) as his teachings were a part of the "Ratio Studiorum".The "D",in form and execution,is merely one such use of this method of logic.Take a closer look at the "D" of the "DON" side of the lower map stone and consider as well why the "DON" appears to be upside down when the map is rightside up.

Regards:SH.

El Tropico Tramp,

Take your right hand and while smacking yourself on the forehead, repeat after me: I could have had a V-8. How is the letter "V"pronounced in de espanol? The B is definitely before the V, therefore the B is before the ocho.

Ellie Vaba

P.S., So, twenty posts from now will anyone remember why I spelled my last name with a "V"?
Will the El oquent Tropical Tramp?

Cubfan64 said:
RDT - thank you for seeing what I see when I look at the knife/dagger on the stone. I don't see a Bowie knife at all - I see a double edged dagger just like the "texas toothpick" you mentioned. I was beginning to think I was the only one that saw it that way.

I have no clue of the relevence if any however.

texastpick1.jpg

Hey Paul:
No doubt this will generate a flurry of controversy and denial,similar to that which the question of Jesuit wealth and mining does bring...but
if you search the term Jesuit Dagger..... :read2:

While I do not believe most of the claims that are made by those that seem to be stretching the connection,the dagger did play an important part in the founding of the Jesuit Order and is,after all, depicted on the stone.

http://www.jstor.org/pss/20505937

Regards:Wayne

Buenas Noches sr Ellie: you posted --> how is the letter "V" pronounced in de espanol?
Like 'V', unless you accept the 'gay' Kings corrupt version, and 'B' is like 'B'. As for the '8', it was cut first, then the 'B' followed, snicker. The big question is 'WHY'?

Incidentally, I suggest putting the 'B' back in your name, unless you wish to be seen as a follower of that king.

Don Jose de La Mancha el *Tropical Trampo*

As it may or may not pertain to the maps/stones - don't most maps have an arrow type thing (like a dagger) to deliniate NORTH?

Beth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back