Tesoro vaq or xp deus

Did you read post 192, that's from Europe. You say you don't want them to change. If they don't I would worry about there future. I wonder how long a lifetime warranty is good for if the company isn't around?

I said Eastern Europe, the U.K. Is clearly a "western" mentality nation, like the US. And. By change, I suppose I need to clarify... I simply meant that I hope they keep their focus on analog, nobs and switches... If they can develop something new along these lines, great. Nearly all the other manufacturers have gone all digital, analog seems to be Tesoro's niche, and I certainly don't think they will go belly up if they maintain that focus.

I said Eastern Europe, the U.K. Is clearly a "western" mentality nation, like the US. And. By change, I suppose I need to clarify... I simply meant that I hope they keep their focus on analog, nobs and switches... If they can develop something new along these lines, great. Nearly all the other manufacturers have gone all digital, analog seems to be Tesoro's niche, and I certainly don't think they will go belly up if they maintain that focus.

I hope they don't go belly up. Of all the people I've seen detecting I know of one guy that uses a tesoro. Where ever I go I'm looking for places to detect and guys detecting stick out like a sore thumb. Of 40 to 50 different guys and this is not just where I live but in travels. This has to be a representation of market share. That makes me have concern for their future. It's time for something new. I get that some like what they are doing. Business is business.

I hope they don't go belly up. Of all the people I've seen detecting I know of one guy that uses a tesoro. Where ever I go I'm looking for places to detect and guys detecting stick out like a sore thumb. Of 40 to 50 different guys and this is not just where I live but in travels. This has to be a representation of market share. That makes me have concern for their future. It's time for something new. I get that some like what they are doing. Business is business.

Yes... Perhaps they can find a balance between acquiring greater market share with something new/innovative and at the same time keep their niche/identity for what they do best.

I hope they stay small and just like they are so they do not have to crank out new machines every 6 months. Just do some simple refinements like adding 2 tone with tone break just above iron. Or maybe something along the lines of a Troy Shadow.

I hope they stay small and just like they are so they do not have to crank out new machines every 6 months. Just do some simple refinements like adding 2 tone with tone break just above iron. Or maybe something along the lines of a Troy Shadow.

I would like to be able to send my vaquero for an update like you describe.

Yes, this is exactly the kind of things I am hoping for.

Yep, don't won't to ruin a good thing.

tabman

Not a very good business plan.

Putting out the same models year after year with no improvements other than color changes, is a good indication they will not be making any new models or upgrade existing models. They will continue to satisfy the 'luddite' detectorists as Tesoro are still happy to offer the old-fashioned low tech that (most of) their customers prefer. Maybe they just want to be the kings of knobs & switches?

Scott, as you know I've owned many FT machines, 5 Whites, and several Minelabs just to name a few. Not knocking any of their designs for their ability to find targets but in particular the FT machines just feel cheap in hand. There's something that feels like the solid state knob and switches on the Tesoros that just feels better when using them than the bubble button plastic faced machines from FT. I did like the MX-5 performance and overall build quality and of course Minelab designs great machines, but something about the simplicity of the Tesoro experience is very enjoyable IMO.

Scott, as you know I've owned many FT machines, 5 Whites, and several Minelabs just to name a few. Not knocking any of their designs for their ability to find targets but in particular the FT machines just feel cheap in hand. There's something that feels like the solid state knob and switches on the Tesoros that just feels better when using them than the bubble button plastic faced machines from FT. I did like the MX-5 performance and overall build quality and of course Minelab designs great machines, but something about the simplicity of the Tesoro experience is very enjoyable IMO.

I cant like this post enough!!!! I agree 110%.....

Not a very good business plan.

That's exactly what the other metal detector companies do. It's a good plan, just add a bell and whistle, repackage it, write up a bunch of hype and feed it to the 'I need something new' crowd.

A Tesoro detector in the right hands is deadly. The only reason to change it is to make more off of the people who want change and something new.

tabman

Look at the trigger toggle on an F75 or T2, then look at the one on a Tejon. The switch on the fisher/teknetics is tiny and far from rugged.....took me about 6 months to break it and start having problems with the only knob on the machine....luckily it was time for the upgrade and it was all fixed....

Look at Whites, they have several newer machines out, but their best machine has been out in some form or other for a long time! Why fix what is not broken.....you can improve but dont change your whole product if it works....

That's exactly what the other metal detector companies do. It's a good plan, just add a bell and whistle, repackage it, write up a bunch of hype and feed it to the 'I need something new' crowd.

A Tesoro detector in the right hands is deadly. The only reason to change it is to make more off of the people who want change and something new.

tabman

It funny you say add a bell and whistle and all tesoro does is put out the same detector in another color. How about more than one tone, would that be considered a bell or a whistle?

You don't fix things that aren't broken.

This thread should be "XP Deus or Vaquero, Tejon and a Sand Shark?" since that would be more comparable on price.....

Look at Whites, they have several newer machines out, but their best machine has been out in some form or other for a long time! Why fix what is not broken.....you can improve but dont change your whole product if it works....

What are you trying to say? Are you saying tesoro should just stay the course and change color every now and then. Sooner or later someone will catch on. Maybe a little sooner for some. Roflmao

What are you trying to say? Are you saying tesoro should just stay the course and change color every now and then. Sooner or later someone will catch on. Maybe a little sooner for some. Roflmao

I am saying "if it works, why change it?"........there are only a few of you who are not happy with the current Tesoro's......If Tesoro came out with a machine comparable to an Etrac and the price was the same as Minlabs, you would gripe that the went up on price! You my friend are a complainer, and will never be happy with anything Tesoro makes....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back