Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
I went to the K to 8 school and did a little swingin. The last time I was here I did get a little silver and a dollar coin. This time I got the dollar coin but not the silver. I spent 6 hours with the CZ21 and found 69 coins with a face value of $5.54, 2 wheaties, a cat charm, 2 rings, a pirate dog tag hit by the lawn mower, a round ball, a modern button, 2 checkered flag pins, a hair clip, zipper parts, aluminum bottle caps, can slaw, tab and pencil ends.

DSCN3506.jpeg

The Adams dollar coin was the best finds. The cat charm is a recent loss and is two pieces joined together so the bottom half swings.

DSCN3507.jpeg

DAY 2
I went back to the middle school and finished off a grid section and did a walk around in some areas I haven’t visited yet. Lots of tabs but not a lot of goodies. In 6 hours with the CZ21 I managed to find 74 coins with a face value of $3.33, a ring, a lock cylinder, a hair clip, aluminum bottle caps, can slaw, tabs and pencil ends.

DSCN3508.jpeg

The ring is unique style and I think it is a very pretty one. Unfortunately it is not gold. It is 18k HGE, which I will call almost gold. The HGE stands for HEAVY GOLD ELECTROPLATE. The stones are czs or glass.

DSCN3509.jpeg

DSCN3510.jpeg

DSCN3511.jpeg

NON DETECTOR FINDS
I found 2 pennies on the parking lot at the store and 3 nickels and some pennies in the coinstar machine.

I found a few of these rascals at both locations I hunted this week. I generally leave the wildlife alone. If they don’t bother me I don’t bother them. But this is a spotted lantern fly, an invasive species that is considered very undesirable. I stomped on all the ones I saw. They have been around for a while, but this week was the first time I have ever encountered them. Keep your eyes open for them in your area and stomp on the little buggers. I know the dozen or so I stomped won’t make a big difference, but each one that survives has the potential to breed and produce lots more so let’s get rid of as many as we can.

IMG_9053.jpeg

IMG_9055.jpeg

Well that is all for this week. We am flying to visit our daughter and I won’t have a detector with me. It will be at least a week before I get to swing again. I hope I don’t go into detector withdrawal. Thanks for looking, stay safe and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back