March31-2012-3.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 223
  • March31-2012-4.jpg
    March31-2012-4.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 122
  • March31-2012-5.jpg
    March31-2012-5.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 152
Possibly. I didn't spot a match but some are close - though with Sanskrit if it was a word the letters would be joined with the top line.

Upvote 0
Possibly. I didn't spot a match but some are close - though with Sanskrit if it was a word the letters would be joined with the top line.

Yes I thought that, too, you are correct. So I checked the images again and saw at the beginning and end of the text symbols reminding me of the "dorje/vajra" (thunderbolt or diamond) symbol and I had this mindflash that it could be of tibetan origin searched a little more and found that this is a tibetan "mantra-ring". Here's a pic of one not very similar but with partially matching text.

mantra ring.jpg

TIBETAN MANTRA STERLING 925 SILVER RING Sz 9 TIBET OM MANI DORJE BUDDHA JEWELRY | eBay

Better match here:

mantra ring2.jpg
Tibetan Tibetan OM Mani Padam Hum Ring Handmade Tibetan Jewelry Sterling Silver Tibetan OM Mani Padam Hum Ring [R0016] - $54.00 : Buddhist-Jewelry offers buddhist artworks, prayer beads, malas, om mani padme hum jewelries - bracelets, pendants, neckl

Can't be sure about the age, they make repros as one can easily see but the one good thing is that it must be silver :-)

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Hello from Eugene!

I agree with the Sanskrit Mantra rings. With all the alternative religions around this area, the Tibetan angle is very plausable. Cool find!

Upvote 0
Yes I thought that, too, you are correct. So I checked the images again and saw at the beginning and end of the text symbols reminding me of the "dorje/vajra" (thunderbolt or diamond) symbol and I had this mindflash that it could be of tibetan origin searched a little more and found that this is a tibetan "mantra-ring". Here's a pic of one not very similar but with partially matching text.

View attachment 622686

TIBETAN MANTRA STERLING 925 SILVER RING Sz 9 TIBET OM MANI DORJE BUDDHA JEWELRY | eBay

Better match here:

View attachment 622689
Tibetan Tibetan OM Mani Padam Hum Ring Handmade Tibetan Jewelry Sterling Silver Tibetan OM Mani Padam Hum Ring [R0016] - $54.00 : Buddhist-Jewelry offers buddhist artworks, prayer beads, malas, om mani padme hum jewelries - bracelets, pendants, neckl

Can't be sure about the age, they make repros as one can easily see but the one good thing is that it must be silver :-)

OH YEAH! VERY COOL! THANKS!!!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back