Real?

Didn't take it out of frame yet

Commonly faked paper; however there has yet to have been one with the proper measurements of the original.

So that said; how many pages do you have, meaning is it folded. If it is folded what are the measurements, if not folded what are the measurements? What articles are on the back side.

I ask this because I own a perfect one my self and have sold two others that where not so perfect. I know the measurements and what is written throughout the full edition.

If your measurements are true then I have a pretty good list of people all around that can certify if it is real I would be happy to put you in contact with. I also know of a few places who would purchase it as well. Then of course it could be donated after certified to a US Federal facility for the tax write off of the value, this I have done too.

Be cool if it is the entire edition; I only know of about 29 of them, one I own my self. If it is the full edition then I know a man in Dubai who has a standing Top Offer on anyone who is willing to sell theirs.

If you measure it, do it first in the frame. Open the frame if you think it folded to gain those measurements. Snap shots of the back and other pages that may be there.

If you like you could PM me and I would send you my email address so this does not have to be so public.

Upvote 0
Commonly faked paper; however there has yet to have been one with the proper measurements of the original.

So that said; how many pages do you have, meaning is it folded. If it is folded what are the measurements, if not folded what are the measurements? What articles are on the back side.

I ask this because I own a perfect one my self and have sold two others that where not so perfect. I know the measurements and what is written throughout the full edition.

If your measurements are true then I have a pretty good list of people all around that can certify if it is real I would be happy to put you in contact with. I also know of a few places who would purchase it as well. Then of course it could be donated after certified to a US Federal facility for the tax write off of the value, this I have done too.

Be cool if it is the entire edition; I only know of about 29 of them, one I own my self. If it is the full edition then I know a man in Dubai who has a standing Top Offer on anyone who is willing to sell theirs.

If you measure it, do it first in the frame. Open the frame if you think it folded to gain those measurements. Snap shots of the back and other pages that may be there.

If you like you could PM me and I would send you my email address so this does not have to be so public.

Wow, I didn't know there were originals around, other than in a museum or the National Archives. Good job Oddjob...

Upvote 0
Wow, I didn't know there were originals around, other than in a museum or the National Archives. Good job Oddjob...

UT in Austin had a copy about 14 years ago back when they where making the perfect copy of the Guttenberg for Bill Gates. I forget the name of the professor (easy enough to look him up) but he brought in an amazing process in to making exact copies. When Gates funded the program he allowed a few copies of various items to be copied there for two reasons. First reason to have a copy that could be handled. Second and most important reason was to provide various aged paper, inks and processes to ensure that the doctrine could be refined almost exact.

Paper collectors like my self around the world saw this new process one of two sides; either they where highly upset thinking that just because UT now has the ability to make fake paper that they would flood the market with copies on a few people could tell the difference between. Clearly that would never happen, its UT and not A&M.

The the other side was that many people supported it and pushed very hard to purchase certain copies of some books. As a collector I want to be able to read and handle these items that are so rare, even my own. It was pushed very hard and UT did end up selling copies but ones that you could tell where right away where copied by UT. I ended up buying 3 books my self right at 30K USD, and then I sent a book over to be replicated. The book I wanted replicated there is only one left in existence and I have had many universities ask me if they could borrow it, and I have had many people ask if they could take a look at it.

So UT made the copy for me, they sent it into restoration for me and all I had to do was sign over the full rights for them to sell it.

I was happy to have my book back after two years, it was in much nicer condition. I was able to store it back at the bank and read the entire copy they made for me, when before I only got to personally verify with others that it was real and complete.

But the fakes they make are clearly marked.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back