RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No plans today, GB. Any detecting will have to be done guerrilla style - hard, fast and unnoticed by the federals, aka mom.

But...what abo...but I...but she...I...But...Durn it.

You're right, but I'm tired of hearing about my rusty babies being a problem. They aren't a problem, they are neatly piled up in my room. All of my bullets (6) my case shot (16) my artillery stuff...yeah that's about it not counting misc. stuff. It's happened since my detecting dad got married to my neat freak mom. Rusty stuff has to go, or get cleaned up!, aka stored away so it can't be seen. Nah eh. I'm displaying my stuff so the world can see it!

This mini rant, brought to you by: Morning.

Well, I can definitely understand that dilemma. When you are able to, find a Dollar Tree (I know Ky has a Dollar General but I don’t know if they have these). They have packs of little plastic screw top containers that are great for putting small rusty relics in to display. Hit up the yard sales and look for one of those wooden thimble/ knickknack displays that were all the rage 30 years ago and now everyone is getting rid of them. Put your little rusty babies up on your wall for display.
Another more expensive but it works option, find a coin shop and buy those display boxes. Or you can go to DG and buy frames and cotton and make your own. I’m betting here that if you make your relics into more of a decor thing, it might go over better.

20190722_111251.jpg we need more power scotty !! I'm given err all shes got cappin !!

Back to bay harbor Michigan.20190722_111853.jpg
20190722_111903.jpg

I can't stay on long. My mom is on the warpath against detecting because I left a bullet on her table. I'm sorry I like appreciating my finds, everywhere I go!

We have to go to the post office today, and I'm mad, she's mad, and neither of us let anyone else win so...

L.o.l..
Mad don't make much better.
And when you are with a female (even a related one..) Both of you mad ,or depressed ect. is not a good combo.
So....Some one has to realize the situation ,before it can't be changed. And be considerate enough to basically , let it go and be positive.

A negative lasts how long? (Can be 24hrs.)
Keep piling negatives on and you can predict the direction the relationship is going...And a never ending negative.

So , while you are being positive. Scheme.
Plan the year you will be gone. And decades from now you will see that homestead you are on now (in your mind) in a much better light. Today will have been petty.

Get you an ammo can or three.
Wrap your finds carefully and cache them somewhere you can recover them without getting noticed , both while caching and recovering.
Keep your glass at hand and safe though...

When on your own and calling house rules , you can do whatever for displaying them.

Seen a guy that was overboard before.
Kids could not put a nail in a wall to hang something ,or fart sideways for that matter.
They're probably out on their own by now. Doing whatever for cosmetics where they hang their hats. (If they dare hang their hats yet...)

Last edited:
20190722_134552.jpg quick stop in harbor springs Michigan for another 1400 gallons of distilled dinosaur bone juice.

They are still in Ohio (hopefully)! We took a trip to the beautiful Bluegrass State. (That's right, rusty.) We visited my in-laws. And my sister-in-law and brother-in-law came down from Indy. I have pics I am going to split up on different threads. No fish pics though. Sorry. Anyways, last time we were there, they pointed us in the direction of an old homesite. We couldn't go back there this time because of crops. So he pointed me across the road. He said it was somewhere by the creek. I dug up glass and pieces of dishes and a handle to either a spoon or fork. I don't know much, but I think that would indicate I was close. They got worried and sent Mr WD out for me. Note: he was not worried, he knows how I am. Anyways when I found out I laughed at them. They could have just hollered. I literally was just across the road on the other side of the fence! We rode around to see if we could find foundation rocks or anything else that would indicate a home was there. Nadda. So then we took a ride on the 4 wheelers, came back, got cleaned up and put on a fish fry for family and friends of family. My father-in-law found out from the guy that used to live there, that there is even another old homesite on the land. He actually reffered to it as a cabin, so I thought that might be kind of cool. We searched for it this morning, but couldn't find it. We decided we are going to go back in the fall and he is going to take us to "Grandad's place" and also to his home site where he grew up. We are going to hopefully find memorabilia from days gone by. Mr WD is already planning it out. Which this is going to be great because I probably won't have to do much digging, just locating. All in all, it was a very good visit with the in-laws.

Do some heavy futy research on those areas, lady.

This is my favorite view of a city when driving on the highway. This is Cincinnati, heading north on I-75. It's very cool at night. Cincy is also called the Queen City. I have a trivia question: It had another not so flattering nickname. Does anyone know what, when and why?

View attachment 1735315

Oh man...I read Queer City...
What? What is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back