RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when I was a little kid, my brother and I got cheap, plastic Dollar General walkie talkies. We would stand ten feet away from each other, and they wouldn't work, but then one day we picked up trucker radio. We learned new words that day, lol!

grapeshot.jpg

I had a couple of walkie talkies that would pick up one police car radio channel...then i guess they replaced it with a new one. [emoji53]

It would pick up truckers once in a while too

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Lot of police departments went to digital so you can get a digital scanner or download an app that will pick up the police.
We used to listen to The cops around here and paramedics. Dispatcher would send them out to whatever and after a few minutes the police were walking for directions. More directions would follow and then would come a request for more help locating the people who needed help. Granted we have these miles of confusing dirt and gravel roads but did they not have GPS? Really funny except for when they were trying to find someone having a medical emergency.

I remember when I was a little kid, my brother and I got cheap, plastic Dollar General walkie talkies. We would stand ten feet away from each other, and they wouldn't work, but then one day we picked up trucker radio. We learned new words that day, lol!

My brother was a truck driver but he did his best cussing working on the junkers he was always buying.:)

It's off to bed now. No storms...should be a good sleeping night, but goodness knows I never sleep.

Our family is at the breakdown point with a lot of things going on, so my mom suggested we go to Portsmouth Ohio tomorrow to scavenge the antique shops. I like scavenging :)

Goodnight folks.

Last edited:
Morning AARC.
How goes things in the balmy keys?

My bad.

So how is your day going?

And how is yours so far ?

Coffee ?

My day is not going well, it's getting extremely frustrating.

Yes, coffee please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back