RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ee02a0db-e650-4d2e-bb86-171a805d6b37.jpg

now that would be something to find detecting

Holy cripes that's huge! Enough to get Gold Fever, don't ya say?:goldbar:

I had a job as a janitor at our local library. It was actually an old two story house and the floors upstairs had waves in the wood :)
Anyway, they were always discarding books and a couple I snagged were Women's Barracks by Tereska Torres, and Tarnsman of Gor.
The first had very subtle lesbian undertones. Pretty good in terms of writing and story.
Tarnsman was so cheesy :D Set on another planet and had
slave girls, stone keeps, flying combat birds (like dragons), and a haughty princess who ended up a slave and was rescued by the hero and all sorts of shenanigans and adventure followed.
What is interesting is there is a subset of bdsm called Gor which sprang from that little book and is still out there.
46562384-8285609150_a5c2ae3589_k1.jpg
464685._UY475_SS475_.jpg

*oops. left Captain's pic in my reply :p*do you

Last edited:
Actually my personal library consists of Civil War/World War II Research books, Soldier biography's from the war of 1812, Civil War, World War II, The Afghanistan war, and the war on terrorism. Several books are about reptiles, and an entire shelf is filled to capacity with both real time, and model railroading books and magazines. That's about it.

I prefer the classics:laughing7:

I read a lot of British classics my brother gave me. Not sure I want to tackle that one.
One of my favorite short novels is Pale Horse, Pale Rider by Katherine Anne Porter. About a young woman during WW1.

Scored sibling Forgecraft Hi-Carbon butcher and slicer knives today.
A wobble spot in/ on the edge of the butcher ,and both need filework , each on one side of edge.
The only place I know of one side of a blade deliberately sharpened instead of both is in Alaska by certain natives...

Regardless , .25 cents a piece was fine. Handles and rivets are sound. Stiff blades with hardly any bend to them.
Need better polishing than I gave them but that will come after file work.
Did olive oil the handles after a light cleaning.

There are twins in a knife block on the counter collection. Probably more in "the big box o knives".

Dish soap was the beginning of the end of cast irons popularity.
The high carbon knifes I enjoy using fell out of favor too among housewives.
Soaking wood handles cracks them. Not cleaning high carbon knives after using stains them . And then... They just ain't pretty shiny...

So , here's another pair of knives suited to about anything anywhere for sturdy workers.
Easy to touch up , and robust.
Unlike online prices for the same knives these were quite affordable.
Maybe someday they will get sold...

I much prefer high carbon blades over stainless steel.

I been thinking of getting a short wave radio. They are really cheap now. Anyone do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back