RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526523094.260611.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526523104.163412.jpg

I didn’t expect to hear that the movie “bill & ted 3” is in the works! HaHa
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526523128.145313.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526523135.645775.jpg

I didn’t expect to hear that the movie “bill & ted 3” is in the works! HaHa

Never heard about this movie.
Anyway, I like Keanu Reeves.

Just in case you didn´t seen John Wick yet - here is the fantastic club shooting scene you should watch :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:
Welp... I am beginning to worry about ole Simon.

Just dropped off... hope nothing bad happened to him.

So whats on the agenda today ?

So whats on the agenda today ?

I can tell you what´s on my agenda today :laughing7:

A roman Urn and a cannon ball from the Association sunk in1707

Both pic´s of the cannon ball shows the "restored" condition... covert with black paint and after removing the paint. It was just put into fresh water for 10 years and than painted...
Seems all this shipwreck salvor´s urgently need me as restorer :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
I just started to clean it and it has a nice surface without much deep corrosion and also the welding lines are visible now! Pics of the finished pieces comes later :icon_thumright:

PLEASE NOTE! The pic of the cannon ball on the wooden base DOESN´T show my restoration ! ! !

The Urn comes from an very old US collection and was fixed with different kind of glues like wood glue and other stuff... Needs different solutions to get rid of all the glues. :BangHead:

The 6 Million small fragments and splinters under 1 cm are not to see on the pic! It was broken while shipping to the owner.

Attachments

• cannon ball.jpg
    cannon ball.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 42
  • urn.jpg
    urn.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Cannonball.jpg
    Cannonball.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 46
ARCC,

could you hand me a coffee? I don´t know the numbers of my wife´s safe....

Attachments

• safe.jpg
    safe.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 45
Now that´s a creative floor :icon_thumright:

I bet some of you detectorists can easy make such a floor on an 30 square meter room :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Attachments

• penny floor.jpg
    penny floor.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 43
Tom,

That vase would take way more patience than I have to fix it....for some reason it reminds me of this song...lol.

I can tell you what´s on my agenda today :laughing7:

A roman Urn and a cannon ball from the Association sunk in1707

Both pic´s of the cannon ball shows the "restored" condition... covert with black paint and after removing the paint. It was just put into fresh water for 10 years and than painted...
Seems all this shipwreck salvor´s urgently need me as restorer :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
I just started to clean it and it has a nice surface without much deep corrosion and also the welding lines are visible now! Pics of the finished pieces comes later :icon_thumright:

PLEASE NOTE! The pic of the cannon ball on the wooden base DOESN´T show my restoration ! ! !

The Urn comes from an very old US collection and was fixed with different kind of glues like wood glue and other stuff... Needs different solutions to get rid of all the glues. :BangHead:

The 6 Million small fragments and splinters under 1 cm are not to see on the pic! It was broken while shipping to the owner.

Tom,

That vase would take way more patience than I have to fix it....for some reason it reminds me of this song...lol.

Bill, it is no problem to fix it but the removal of the old glue is a MESS! I put the shards into acetone but the glue doesn´t went off... so I have to try paint thinner and for the other glue (may) hot water...
I restore also and attic cylix from this old collection and on that one they drilled holes on many edges of the shards and the stand to get it into exact position while the glue was drying. Never seen something like this before :BangHead:

Hey, that song is great! I think about putting it as an intro to my website :laughing7:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back