RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy part, this guy actually has stuff banned on Youtube.

Wright digger... how old are you ? ? ?

Walk with a limp ? ? ?

Have a piece of sandwhich somewhere on you ? ? ?

A mouse in your pocket ? ? ?

They might be waiting on YOU !

lol j/k... :)

:P

Wright digger... how old are you ? ? ?
Well, that's a tricky way to ask a woman her age. Old enough to be nicknamed "Sis" but not "Mom" except for Gold Boy. He could call me "Grandma."

Walk with a limp ? ? ?
Yes, when I sit on this couch playing on all the electronic gadgets for too long.

Have a piece of sandwhich somewhere on you ? ? ?

A mouse in your pocket ? ? ?
No, but I always smell like pancake syrup from my vape.

They might be waiting on YOU !
That's why I "EEEKed!"

Ok found the property.Its 3 miles N.W. of where 29 crosses the James River (in an area now called Oakwood) in the burbs of Lynchburg Va.
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Lynchburg#/media/File:Lynchburg_Battlefield_Virginia.jpg

Lynchburg.png

I think if I would hit it I would start in the area below because all the rest look far too over developed. Likely I would begin with my net tube, get in the water and dig everything. Also my net tube has a 300 pound strength magnet tethered to it about 40 feet long. Keep in mind it was used in the surf, worked great in the Adriatic for swimming out to sand bars just a few hundred meters out, always some goodie would come out of it as it gets push around by the waves. Tried using it once in the Rhein river, darn thing found more than I did. then used it alot at this lake near Speyer and got tons of square nails of all sizes. The magnet alide anchor is a long shot but normally you get something; I always found it hard to grid in chest deep water, subsurface iss fine and knee deep, chest deep I am off track and missing stuff.

Anyway, this area.
2.png

View attachment 1590912

I think if I would hit it I would start in the area below because all the rest look far too over developed. Likely I would begin with my net tube, get in the water and dig everything. Also my net tube has a 300 pound strength magnet tethered to it about 40 feet long. Keep in mind it was used in the surf, worked great in the Adriatic for swimming out to sand bars just a few hundred meters out, always some goodie would come out of it as it gets push around by the waves. Tried using it once in the Rhein river, darn thing found more than I did. then used it alot at this lake near Speyer and got tons of square nails of all sizes. The magnet alide anchor is a long shot but normally you get something; I always found it hard to grid in chest deep water, subsurface iss fine and knee deep, chest deep I am off track and missing stuff.

Anyway, this area.
View attachment 1590920

Thanks much Oddjob!:). See if you can find 'where ' the troops crossed the James River.They built a temp.bridge w/boats & planking.It would be great to find the location of said bridge.

Looks like its 1 mile N.West OFF the "Battlefield study area" .
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Lynchburg#/media/File:Lynchburg_Battlefield_Virginia.jpg
It might produce civil war finds ,might not (depends on how the 44,000 troops came & went)..Its a 1 acre lot.

Well it still falls within the red lines listed in the legend for Battlefield Area.

Other than the rest being so developed, that creek is right there within the fighting area. One thing I know really well is fighting, people then and people now are not all that much different, seen so many folks panic and run when the bullets start flying, and any place that would create a geographical challenge during their panic like a stream, or boulder cluster, these are the places where items are lost. Seen it too many times and any time someone has wanted to squirt and hit a choke point, after dropping the rest of their foolish mates, most the time searching that are would turn something up like a cell phone, something I could use to hunt them their mates down.

Sure I know they did not have phones back then, but human nature is basically the same, people enter war often with the wrong intentions on both sides. Some freeze, some can push them selves through what they where trained, some run, some fight and the few who have been in enough find it insulting that someone would actually try.

Just saying, seems like a good panic spot.

Thanks much Oddjob!:). See if you can find 'where ' the troops crossed the James River.They built a temp.bridge w/boats & planking.It would be great to find the location of said bridge.

Locations such as that can be hard to find because it most likely all washed away in flooding several times. Infact even if you did dive down into the James and found planking that got stuck and caught on something, likely it is still a good bit away from the actual crossing. Plus such a crossing can provide some good items, but generally not as much as locations where people ran in a panic.

Btw WrightDigger...

Welcome to the RCT.

:)

***ARC begins to quickly clean up rum bottles, beer bottles, pirate flags, civil war maps, and various other clutter ***

Well, that's a tricky way to ask a woman her age. Old enough to be nicknamed "Sis" but not "Mom" except for Gold Boy. He could call me "Grandma."

Yes, when I sit on this couch playing on all the electronic gadgets for too long.

No, but I always smell like pancake syrup from my vape.

That's why I "EEEKed!"

lol. :)

Btw WrightDigger...

Welcome to the RCT.

:)

***ARC begins to quickly clean up rum bottles, beer bottles, pirate flags, civil war maps, and various other clutter ***

leave the pirate flags matey and the civil war treasure maps

Just got off the phone w/the owner of the property.They have broken ground for the foundation for the new home.So some of that 1 acre lot will have 10-20 foot high piles of dirt.But the rest of the lot is virgin :) Consisting of a knoll & 2 small valleys.

he likes to hug :laughing7:

You could also check the University of TX website for maps; they will have good copies online you can view.

In searching for maps I found this wwebsite, pretty good read, just not related but related to other items folks like finding.
Lynchburg Glass Corporation Site Photos

Thanks much Oddjob....I owe you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back