Paper shell shotgun shell casing

Master metal

Tenderfoot
Jul 27, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1438019885972-1501056467.jpg14380199253151286173338.jpg
Civil war paper shell shotgun casing.

Yep. We just had an identical one a month ago. If it was "Civil War" it wasn't the U.S. Civil War; maybe Mexican (1910-20)?

Welcome to TreasureNet.

(It looks like the first paper walled shotshell case was introduced in 1877 - and not under the "New Club" label)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
WELCOME NEW MEMBER THIS WONT BE THE FIRST OR THE LAST OF THE HEAD STAMP FINDS. THERE ARE SO MANY DIFFRENT TYPES THAT THEY DO BECOME PART OF YOUR FINDS AS TIME GOES ON . BELEIVE ME MY FREIND I HAVE HUNTED ALL DAY LONG AND THE ONLY THING I HAD TO SHOW WERE THE HEADSTAMPS AND NOW I HAVE A LITTLE TUB FULL WITH I THINK LAST TIME I COUNTED ABOUT 57. UMC.

Upvote 0
thanks alot guys i also found something from the civilwar but idk wat it is it sayes warrented extra on it and it has a eagle with arrows and plants or something any idea wat it is? thatnk you guys

Upvote 0
thanks alot guys i also found something from the civilwar but idk wat it is it sayes warrented extra on it and it has a eagle with arrows and plants or something any idea wat it is? thatnk you guys

Post pictures, maybe someone can help

Upvote 0
Cool find, there could be some old coins there too. I found my fair share of casing in the past two or so years, around 1000 or so.
20150727_203440.jpg20150727_203425.jpg years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hand saw medallion (he guessed with no image)?

mwrh0y9.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back