Nine seated dimes one hole

General Hekimer

Oct 22, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. I recovered this beatiful bracelet with my new Delta 4000 with the eleven inch DD. I am surprized with the performance of this detector. found this at Well over one foot deep surrounded by square nails

Attachments

• 000_0002.jpg
    000_0002.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 6,912
  • 000_0003.jpg
    000_0003.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 6,910
  • 000_0005.jpg
    000_0005.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 6,999
Upvote 0
Due to your find, I now know what a love token is. So I searched for some on eBay. This is very interesting stuff...I still think your find is priceless; but there are some reasonable buys here...although buying one is nowhere near as kool as digging 1, let alone a complete bracelet of 10!! Go to eBay and search love tokens and enjoy looking. :sign13:

That's a great find.

Congrats

Jer

Dug1898 said:
Due to your find, I now know what a love token is. So I searched for some on eBay. This is very interesting stuff...I still think your find is priceless; but there are some reasonable buys here...although buying one is nowhere near as kool as digging 1, let alone a complete bracelet of 10!! Go to eBay and search love tokens and enjoy looking. :sign13:

Yes, looks like they are very common, thanks.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Love-Token-...583?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b6ffe22f

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That is a beauty of a find. Remarkable. You truly never know what you will find.

Man,that has a neat story to tell. Fantastic find for sure!

who knows might be a combo item--- loves tokens / rosary --with 10 items thats one cycle of the rosary :wink:

Exellent find hope you find the missing piece.

wow what a great find, nice job

??? shown before.....or one like it

I want to thank everyone for their kind replys and I apologise for this tardy reply. Just to awnser a few questions, when I first saw the bracelet I thought it was a piece of aluminum fence so I just yanked it out of the whole. I believe it was undamaged but my careless yank broke off six of the coins, actually I could feel them give away when I pulled on the bracelet. As far as cleaning I just rinsed off the dirt, silver comes out of the ground better than new in this area. I'm not joking on this point, some off the silver I recover around here has a luster that can only be created by many years in the acid soil. The old section of park I recovered this in hasn't been hunted by anyone but me for the last few years as the other local hunters have given-up on this park. The bracelet it-self is hollow and is silver. I posted two pictures of this park in the teknetics forum under delta 4000 can find coins a foot deep. This park has been picked very clean but if you are willing to dig a lot of iron you will be rewarded. I use this spot to test all of my detectors. I started detecting with a money hunter BFO around 1970 then moved to the top of the line in 1976, a coinmaster supreme. In the late seventies I mastered the TR detector and could locate dimes to six inches and quarter/haves to 8/10 inches. At the time when I mastered my technique I opened up whole new untouched layers of coins and with my old hickory kitchen knife I could recover around two thousand objects in a twelve hour day. My best day at neawah park in Oneonta N.Y. I recovered 237 wheat pennies, appx 60 silver dimes, twelve silver quarters, one walker half which was an 1918 in X-fine condition and one gold chain with a indian head penny attached. On that day I also recovered about eight pockets stuffed full and I mean stuffed full of pull-tabs and an equal amount of new coins. Many new hunters may not believe these totals but keep in mind that the ground was litteraly coated with targets so once I got on my knees I would recover five or ten targets in say a two foot circle in a minute or so and I had the drive and stanima to detect for fourteen hour days. I still recover far more targets than my hunting partners on average because I know a few basic secrets. The first is that all of these ID displays are fine for shallow cherry picking but if you want the goods forget about these meters and dig. I do not waste one second looking at these magical screens, I spend my time digging. Many times I'll be out with a newbie and they will ask me to come over and tell them what they think their signal is. This is when I explain to them their is only one way to know what that signal is, DIG! I have mastered a few models over the years including the DFX ,GTI 2500 and the saf/exp and in the limestone soil we have here I have found coins at the two foot level with each of these detectors. I often get a big laugh when I here the engineers say you can only find coins as deep as an airtest,HOGWASH!! Many of the coins in this area will have 150 year old grass matted underneath them with a black corrosion stain twice as big as the coin. I call this coin-dirt. Hundreds if not thousands of times I will recover the coin then go over the dirt pile and the detector will signal coin again only to find it is beeping over the corrosion. I have tested this many, many times. I can carefully slip the coin from it's black'nd case and the case will beep just as strong as the coin. If you ever hear an engineer say their is no halo effect then this engineer has very little time in the field and really has know idea of the potential of the detector they designed. Anyway I geuss I got off-subject but I will tell this if your detector can find a beer can at two feet it can also find a large cent at two feet with the know-how and muscle to dig. It will tell you it is there if you know what to listen for. See you around and good luck! Darryl.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back