196.7 KB · Views: 6,912
  • 000_0003.jpg
    000_0003.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 6,910
  • 000_0005.jpg
    000_0005.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 6,999
Upvote 0
Hello everyone. I recovered the tenth coin this morning. It took me around half an hour but I finally got it. I took some more pictures but am having trouble downloading. I just wrote a rather lengthy description of this hunt but it was erased when I posted it as the message states my picture kb's or whatever were to largeover 1,000. Not sure why it erased my text{frustrating} I'll try to see if I can figure this out as I resized the photos to 400 kilobites.

Attachments

• 000_0002.jpg
    000_0002.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 5,582
  • 000_0001.jpg
    000_0001.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 5,585
Outstanding!!! Glad you found the last coin. BANNER bound!!!! :hello2:
I know what you mean about typing up a post only to have it lost when you try to download pictures that are too large. I only type with one finger too, so I feel your pain. :laughing9:
Looking forward to the update. :thumbsup:
-MM-

First let me thank treasurenet for allowing me to share my recovery and thank you to Mr Johnson for designing such a quality detector. This bracelet was recovered an area dense with square nails. At first I thought I had another 22 shell casing. After scraping a few inches of soil away the target cleared up to a solid mid-tone. At this point I figured I had a piece of rusted can. Well I dug down to around ten inches or so and the target was still mid-tone so at this point I new it was junk. One more dig and at around fourteen inches I could see what looked like a piece of aluminum fencing so I just yanked it out from under a root. Then I realized what I had found. At this point it was dark so I did the best I could searching for the missing coins and thought I found them all. I went back this morning to locate the missing piece and after about half an hour I located it. It was off to the side around fourteen inches deep but the hard part was recovering it from my dirt pile. The nails on the envelope were in this pile hiding the dime. The other jewelry items were recovered in this same area on different hunts over the last few weeks. To everyone I hope you have a great thanksgiving! Darryl.

Attachments

• 000_0008.jpg
    000_0008.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 5,403
  • 000_0007.jpg
    000_0007.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 5,396
  • 000_0006.jpg
    000_0006.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 5,481
  • 000_0005.jpg
    000_0005.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 5,513
  • 000_0009.jpg
    000_0009.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 5,353
Love it! One of the coolest finds in a long time. Thanks for posting and Happy Thanksgiving!

All I have to say is WOW !!! Super find :headbang:
Glen

:thumbsup:

Amazing find :headbang: and what's even more amazing that a new poster made Banner :icon_thumleft:

SS

Awesome find!!! Great job recovering all of the pieces. Congrats on making the banner.

I knew it was just a matter of time.
Congrats on your beautiful BANNER find. Well deserved. :hello2:
-MM-

Is the bracelet part silver also? Safe to say it's from 1884?

Mind boggling thing to find!! :o

You are on a high right now and I hope you can float on it for a long time!

Congratulations.
Born Free

I have a Delta 4000 so your find gives me hope of what i might find. It was a great find congratulations on finding all of it.

:hello:

Did you clean the find when you got home :dontknow: also how come you never searched for the tenth coin, at the time of finding :icon_scratch: just curious that's all :icon_thumleft:

SS

Yes general that was a really nice find... Was the bracelet silver also it must have been for it looks in very nice shape also............

Silver Searcher said:

Did you clean the find when you got home :dontknow: also how come you never searched for the tenth coin, at the time of finding :icon_scratch: just curious that's all :icon_thumleft:

SS

Wouldn't you clean it when you got home? :dontknow: And did you read where he said it was getting dark and he thought he had found them all?

Holy smokes! Outstanding!

smcdmc said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS

Wouldn't you clean it when you got home? :dontknow: And did you read where he said it was getting dark and he thought he had found them all?
Yes I would have cleaned it when I got home, but I would have also pictured it as found, and I would have searched the area for as long as it took, to make sure nothing was left, no matter how dark it was. What's your point :icon_scratch:

Silver Searcher said:
smcdmc said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS

Yes I would have cleaned it when I got home, but I would have also pictured it as found, and I would have searched the area for as long as it took, to make sure nothing was left, no matter how dark it was. What's your point :icon_scratch:

Point was you asked why and he had already given an answer. Just wasn't sure if you had seen it. With it being nearly dark maybe he thought nine was all there was. When he got home and cleaned it up and layed things out realized there was a missing one. That would be my guess.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back