196.7 KB · Views: 6,912
  • 000_0003.jpg
    000_0003.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 6,910
  • 000_0005.jpg
    000_0005.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 6,999
Upvote 0
I noticed some of the coins have holes and some don't, :icon_scratch: maybe an old repair job :dontknow:
That's just an an unbelievable find, awesome. And to think you found it "Well over one foot deep surrounded by square nails", That make's it even more incredible, Congrates on the Banner, well done :icon_sunny:

Dug1898 said:
Wow, quite an Awesome bracelet. Quite an artist made that 127 years ago. I see Jennie, Mamma, an M, a TH and a SA on the coins. I wonder what the story of it is. Beautiful, simply beautiful engraving work done so long ago and so primative yet so beautiful. The maker must have been a Silversmith for sure. I can imagine you were elated when it turned up; but you must have been ten times as excited when you found the 10th coin. What a great feeling that must have been. I can imagine you just sitting there, exhausted yet totally satisfied that you had done it! All the time with a smile on your face. Congratulations on a find of a lifetime. Priceless... :coffee2:

Congrats on the banner :hello2:

I'm surprised, you were the first (I think) to focus on the story it could tell. Its the first thing I would investigate. What is it telling us...

General H - congrats are sure in order.

The only thing that would have made this a better story is if this item were to have been made of gold and maybe a few pictures of it still in the hole and surroundings. But overall fantastic.

You mentioned that you had lost the initial story while you were trying to upload the photos. This situation has happened to me twice before, and it is very frustrating for sure. I now go through a routine step that basically negates this situation from ever happening again. All I do is copy the finished story from TNet and then post it to a Blank Page that I created in a Word file. Doing this before I start to upload any article or photo has litterally saved my bacon a number of times. If you lose your story, you just go back in and copy and paste it back onto your new post.

The only other thing you might try is to download all of your photos before you start writing. Hope this works for you in the future!

Congrats once again on the Banner find!

Ralph (Toronto)

One of the best finds I've seen in some time, congrats on the banner :icon_thumright:

Very cool... looks like something my wife would love... she loves coin jewelry.... HH

Truly terrific find, congratulations! Finds like this demand a number of questions and I applaud SS for a well-meaning inquiry that was on my mind and maybe others. Speaking of questions, I share Breezie's interest in the three unpunched coins and why they were along for the ride. No question they belong to the bracelet but perhaps you uncovered an even more unusual "work in progress"? Great job finding this at fourteen inches beneath a nest of nails. Were those shotgun brasses in the hole, as well? Lastly, have you carefully checked the bracelet for hallmarks/evidence of a maker? The story might continue...

Again, well done!!!! :icon_thumright:

Attachments

• holes.jpg
    holes.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 3,906
Excellent find, congrats on the Bannner :icon_thumright:

That is the coolest thing I have seen here.

Never knew they existed.

Congrats for sure. (Not that you need me to tell you) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

A fantastic find :o
wish I had read your post earlier..
Have only been skimming titles lately, it's been a busy time.
that's a difficult piece to top, sure will make a nice display! Congrats!! :thumbsup:

Amazing and beautiful!!! Kudos!

Good Golly Ms. Molly!!!!!!!! :o
:icon_thumright: Congrats on such an incredibly awesome discovery!!! :icon_thumleft:

The more I looked at the pictures & read responses the more intrigued I became with this Love Token Bracelet & did a wee search upon the internet for a bit of info . . . . amazing!

With those "charms" your bracelet truly is a story in itself! I feel for the individual whom lost it . . . & how cool it would be to know the stories of the bracelet & how it got lost ???

You probably have already seen this but I found an area that I thought was cool & wanted to share . . .
http://lovetokensociety.110mb.com/history.html

I was impressed with the visions I had of what someone went through to make the love tokens :thumbsup:

One thing I think that is really interesting about your bracelet is the actual bracelet itself . . . a neat style . . . no clasp? more like . . . a cuff style? :dontknow: Which may explain how it was lost . . .

:notworthy: Again an awesome find!!! Kudos to You & I am so glad you shared it with everyone! :thumbsup:

:D

After read the piece from bogeymcq i think it is a mothers love toke of her children.
Could you post the dates of the coins , thanks.

Awesome find! Congrats on the banner. I can't help but wonder if the smaller piece with the "1884" is a 1/2 dime. My guess as to why some are "holed" and some aren't is this is a conglomeration of a few years of love tokens. If they had a hole.....fine, but if they didn't, they weren't going to drill one when they assembled the bracelet.

HH!! :hello:
Cm2db

Thanks for the link to the Love Token Society Bogrymcq. I had no idea what a love token was and Kudos to those folks who did mention them earlier. I too think this is a Mothers bracelet. I think maybe the reason that some coins are drilled and some weren't is perhaps because they each were made at different times and maybe by different engravers. Perhaps the same engraver used different ways to attach each coin also. Maybe he drilled them after the weaker soldered ones broke off and he repaired the braclet by drilling and adding a link. Just a guess; but thanks for the link. It's nice to be able to learn something new everyday, especially since just turning 61 the other day, lol. ;D

Wow, what a awesome find, you know someone was upset losing that bracelet back then. congrats on making Banner

Congrats for the banner ... nice Bracelet !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back