New site - Coral still abeeping! (mystery object?????)

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New site - Coral still a'beeping! (mystery object?????)

Went out SCUBA to a new site; had a tip that old bottles etc had been found there amongst what looks like a very spread out pile of ballast stones.

In about 60ft of water, no visible timbers or large objects (and alas no sewer pipes :sadsmiley:)

Spent two hours on the bottom (getting an hour from each tank is GOOD for me!) and finally hit loads of signals in a small 'basin" - I assume stuff has been pushed around and all ended up in one spot?

loads of 'coral beeping' and I assume from the shapes it will be shot and nails etc. All very well encrusted so at least its OLD! :thumbsup:

However, I did get ONE MYSTERY ITEM; I actually fanned away the sand with my hand and there it was. I SO HOPE its a coin and not some trash from a passing tourist boat!!

its about one and a half inch in diameter, so assume its probably trash? (do coins come that big??)

will start to clean all the bits and update - if its worth doing so!! :tongue3:

IMGP1523.JPGIMGP1524.JPGIMGP1525.JPGIMGP1526.JPGIMGP1527.JPGIMGP1528.JPG

Upvote 13
Well... your pretty good at finding things in low areas but I'd like to see how you'd do here upon this ridge top. I'm still looking for the golden horseshoe. I think Huntsman53 - Frank found it and went back home (he won't say). So I'm still holding out for a break. I could use some of your luck!!!!!!!!

Sorry Brad, I can't talk right now as the Dentist made me some real purty Gold teeth :icon_biggrin: and I can't devulge where he got the Gold.

Frank

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back