Need to find hearing aid. Which detector?

IF you lost it in the house look for it with your hands and eyes. A metal detector is going to go off on everything metal, like the nails in the floor and walls, etc.
I don't see how ANY metal detector will help in this instance.
Get the kids to help look for it...offer them some cookies or soda or a trip to the ice cream store if they help find it.

I lost it in my bedroom, of course when I was cleaning out clothes! Which detector would you recommend under 200? because it will cost me $250 to just get a new one. Is there a specific feature I should look for? Thank you!
I would go with the Garrett pro pointer at. It is handheld with three levels of ssensitivity. IMG_6040.jpeg $120 from Garrett in garland Texas

Last edited:
IF you lost it in the house look for it with your hands and eyes. A metal detector is going to go off on everything metal, like the nails in the floor and walls, etc.
I don't see how ANY metal detector will help in this instance.
Get the kids to help look for it...offer them some cookies or soda or a trip to the ice cream store if they help find it.
No kids anymore, just me. I have gone through everything multiple times. At least 5 by now. Feeling, looking, flashlight, even vacuumed! I shook all the clothes, I saw it fall! Going to take a break. Thank you for your advice! A metal detector was sort of a last ditch effort. If I don't find it, I will order a new one, then I'll find it!

Is there a "lost keys" function, where you can cause it to make a noise or vibrate?

Alternatively, is there a way to cause a non-destructive feedback to make a noise?

Is it magnetic and stuck someplace, or is there a magnet someplace it could be stuck to?

I'm just brainstorming here trying to help. 🙂
I gotta think there are at least a few folks on here with hearing aids that might have better suggestions. I'd say give it some time, but I also get your urgency.

I own several Garrett pinpointers and would be worthless, imo. Unless you have loose dirt floors in your bedroom the metal detector is not going to help at all.

Here's a scenario that I know for sure has happened to more than one person I know personally. The dog ate it.

Here's a scenario that I know for sure has happened to more than one person I know personally. The dog ate it.
Flerken kitty. 😼

Mceleri, were you able to locate your hearing aid?

I have gone through everything multiple times. At least 5 by now. Feeling, looking, flashlight, even vacuumed! I shook all the clothes, I saw it fall!
Did you perchance check the vacuum bag/canister?

Metal detectors do not work well inside buildings due to the interference from electrical wiring, appliances and other metal in building. A pinpointer want work very well either as the detect distance is small.

Let me ask you a crazy question if I may. I just had to get hearing aids this year. Are your hearing aids or hearing aid blue tooth compatible? If it is, you should be able to locate it on your phone, iPhone or Android. Best of luck to you in locating it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back