Just moved to Philadelphia-looking for others who share the passion

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, Nokta Triple Score, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all and wishing everybody a great weekend. Are there any active clubs/folks who metal detect the Philadelphia, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery or Bucks counties? I'm still researching the laws & regulations for detecting here but they seem pretty liberal for the most part. Obviously private property needs permission just like anywhere else and historical lands are a "no go" as well. I'm also hoping creeks, rivers and lakes are allowed for detecting but still looking into that. Plus New Jersey is right across the river for me too so that is always an option.

Hello all and wishing everybody a great weekend. Are there any active clubs/folks who metal detect the Philadelphia, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery or Bucks counties? I'm still researching the laws & regulations for detecting here but they seem pretty liberal for the most part. Obviously private property needs permission just like anywhere else and historical lands are a "no go" as well. I'm also hoping creeks, rivers and lakes are allowed for detecting but still looking into that. Plus New Jersey is right across the river for me too so that is always an option.
Hello,
I know this is an older message but I would reach out. I am looking for metal detecting friends in the Phila area. If you are still around and have some ideas reply back to me. Leslie

Hello,
I know this is an older message but I would reach out. I am looking for metal detecting friends in the Phila area. If you are still around and have some ideas reply back to me. Leslie
Hello LeslieB,
I have detected some areas near Philadelphia, but many spots are hard to come by. The city is just too busy and built up. So I head out of town most of the time although I try to stay within an hours driving distance. Plus I have detected the Jersey shore quite a bit too. Finding jewelry and coins are nice but I would rather find relics since I'm a history buff.
You can private message me if you want to go detecting some time and we'll figure something out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back