Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got two weeks off so first went down to Cottonwood lake west of BV. Fishing good as always. Little below freezing Wednesday night and some snow on the high peaks. Went down to Mt. Princeton checking out the Spanish Princess treasure, again. I assume the map is not drawn to scale, but this spot fits the description, but it's in a meadow on a mesa. In front of this rock is where somebody dug for something a long time ago, but bet they didn't find anything. I found the trees, some rocks laid out intentionally like maybe a cross, and if you squint the backside of this rock looks like clasped hands. This is a pretty easy spot to find, and open to walking into for now. I've included a map so if you got an afternoon off, I suppose you can drive down here and go right to it. Post some pics.
9-4aaa.jpg
9-4bbb.jpg
9-6zz.jpg
9-6yy.jpg
9-7zz.jpg

Gosh I haven't gone further than Idaho Springs since February. Trees are changing I see.

Fat looking rainbow.....nice!
eating-02.gif

Got two weeks off so first went down to Cottonwood lake west of BV. Fishing good as always. Little below freezing Wednesday night and some snow on the high peaks. Went down to Mt. Princeton checking out the Spanish Princess treasure, again. I assume the map is not drawn to scale, but this spot fits the description, but it's in a meadow on a mesa. In front of this rock is where somebody dug for something a long time ago, but bet they didn't find anything. I found the trees, some rocks laid out intentionally like maybe a cross, and if you squint the backside of this rock looks like clasped hands. This is a pretty easy spot to find, and open to walking into for now. I've included a map so if you got an afternoon off, I suppose you can drive down here and go right to it. Post some pics.
View attachment 2167391View attachment 2167392View attachment 2167393View attachment 2167394View attachment 2167395
Beautiful colours on that fish!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back