✅ SOLVED Mystery Stone of Esquagama Lake

I was wondering if you have heard anything from Scott Wolter?
Who knows, this might be banner material.

Upvote 0
While I agree that is appears to be a mold, how many of you have ever seen a two sided mold? Oh, come on, this is not two stones, it is one stone! I feel that there is a good chance that it is Native American Indian in nature and has a message about the person depicted on the one side in reference to the position of the Sun on the one side and what appears to be the phases of the Moon on both sides. Not all effigy carvings were done in relief either. Maybe it is a mold used for a special ceremonial event, maybe it is a carving depicting an event, a journey, a calendar, the position of the Sun with Moon phases or other but whatever it is, it meant something to someone or a tribe.

Frank

Upvote 0
Frank I believe after all the suggestions and ideas as to the meaning of this carving i think that you are on the right track imo. Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
not trying to be funny,1st thing i thought was crop circles
noticed that too, its one piece , been awhile since ive been to the Duluth
area, arent there some mounds near Esquagama Lake,Minnesota, not
saying the stone is that old, maybe its a farmers calendar, maybe take
it to the university see what they say

Upvote 0
View attachment 1017647View attachment 1017648View attachment 1017649View attachment 1017650View attachment 1017651
Here follow members,(Atpro5,LongBrass9 andStefen) is impressions of the stone using play-doh as you suggested. Tried different colors and angles. I hope these pics are helpful.
Any new ideals as to what the stone represents? It is obviously a mould that an individual made with great care and skill. I am still wondering as to why there are no scaring marks in any of the designs or the human figure. Will consider other options and suggestions . Thanks for you time.
Still no contact from Mr. Wolter.
Dang, those castings just shot my alien reply theory into the cosmos. :laughing7:

aliencontact.jpg

Upvote 0
It looks native american to me. Maybe its a bead mold? Only thing I can think of. And the man shape is some type of charm

Upvote 0
Thanks so much Desertsmoons. I do appreciate the feed back and web site info. Sorry took so long to respond.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
View attachment 1286960
I was wondering if you have heard anything from Scott Wolter?
Who knows, this might be banner material.

I have shown the stone to Scott 2 times during the agate days in Moose Lake now and he is very interested in doing more research on it and maybe include it in one of his programs. That would be awesome! Just need to wait and see

Gave this mode I made from stone to Scott in July 2015. Haven't heard from him. Guess he lost interest in it he is a very busy guy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back