Metal Detectiing TN. cave / Anybody done this?

Sorry if Murphy's been pestering your cave adventures! I wondered where he went!

To me those mounds look like they are blocking the tunnels behind them. Maybe food or ect. was hidden and stored in the cave behind the mounds. The thing looks like a map of maybe the cave system or the water flow thru it? Guessing.

Hope you get to get in there before winter!

Dang Brad! Was hoping you'd have something good for us by Christmas.

Maybe I will buddy... But I definitely need help.

The large symbol on the left side of the mound is not of the cave system. I know this. But I still don't know what it represents. And I'd like to know what the smaller one is at the base of the larger one's left side.

Attachments

• Left Side 2 Symbols.JPG
    Left Side 2 Symbols.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 332
  • Closeup 2.JPG
    Closeup 2.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 320
I'm in South Nashville. Ex military and new to MD let me know if you need a hand

A couple rules of caving,,,

Never go alone
Always have 3 sources of light
Always tell someone where you are and when you will return
And THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF CAVING

TAKE NOTHING BUT PICTURES and LEAVE NOTHING BUT PRINTS

I'm in South Nashville. Ex military and new to MD let me know if you need a hand

I tried to respond in a PM but for some reason I can't. I'd like to talk. There is MUCH to learn, realize and explore in and around this cave. Thanks for your interest.

Hello... and thanks for the info. But I'm WAY beyond that. I do understand your concerns.

I'm curious about this cave and caving in general. Keep us up-to-date!

I'm curious about this cave and caving in general. Keep us up-to-date!

Hey Buddy.... I tried to get some help (I need it) to help further explore this caves internal and external environment. There is much to learn and find around this caves environment. Especially setting up a sifting operation at the entrance and spending 1, 2, 3 days having fun doing it. It's not easy to take equipment back but it would be worth it. Something is wrong with my inbox receiving and sending messages....?????

Anything new on your cave Brad?

Maybe I will buddy... But I definitely need help.

The large symbol on the left side of the mound is not of the cave system. I know this. But I still don't know what it represents. And I'd like to know what the smaller one is at the base of the larger one's left side.

Maybe if you told competent archaeologists about this site they could one day explain it to you. Or you could keep exploring it with your metal detector despite no metal in there. Up to you. Good luck on suddenly budding post-doctorate degrees. Thanks for your selfless service.

Maybe if you told competent archaeologists about this site they could one day explain it to you. Or you could keep exploring it with your metal detector despite no metal in there. Up to you. Good luck on suddenly budding post-doctorate degrees. Thanks for your selfless service.

With everything I've posted thus far do you have any ideas of a "competent archeologist"? I NEVER thought I'd find anything with a MD within the cave and would have been surprised if I did. But I do know this cave was used by ancient man, native Indians or others . It's quite obvious when you enter it. Huge fires at entrance roof, constant water flowing and easy sleeping quarters are all present. I believe the mud mounds are all man made along with fading symbols upon them.

"Good luck on suddenly budding post-doctorate degrees. Thanks for your selfless service".I don't know exactly what you mean by this statement but I have asked for help over and over. These mounds and all fossils are still all present and waiting to be photographed and documented. I believe... (my belief) this cave holds a lot of ancient history not metal artifact's. The cave is also still alive and well with critters.... Brad

Anything new on your cave Brad?

Hey Doc.... Haven't done anything since last post. Been dealing with losing my daughter and grandson in Feb., wife, selling another property and building a new workshop and everything in between. But rest assured guy... this cave is ALWAYS in the front of my mind. There's more important "things" than what I/you/others think. The mud mound up front means "something" as the others deep within. And I believe there's other "closed off" caves very close upon this ridge.

I'm NOT giving up... Thanks, Brad

Last edited:
Didn't think you'd give up man! Real life must take precedent over exploring and treasure hunting! I may have to drive down one of these days with a shovel and headlamp and get in there with you!

Didn't think you'd give up man! Real life must take precedent over exploring and treasure hunting! I may have to drive down one of these days with a shovel and headlamp and get in there with you!

That would be great Doc.... anytime! I had a couple of folks tell me that the squared up mounds are all naturally made. But does the mound on my avatar look "naturally made"? And there's more of them way back in very tight quarters....? Everybody knows somebody many years ago etched the symbols upon the mound but thus far nobody can explain "what" they mean or are. And I believe there's just NOT enough room back there for saltpeter mining. Who knows....? But evidence of torches and large entry fires upon the ceiling are quite obvious. Sifting @ the entrance would be fun!

LOL.. way to go politely insulting members on a treasure hunting site. Maybe you'd be more at home on an archie type site ? Just a thought..

I would go in with lots of caution and a friend. If you discover something cool tell someone.

LOL.. way to go politely insulting members on a treasure hunting site. Maybe you'd be more at home on an archie type site ? Just a thought..

Bandit.... Just let it go buddy. I did (I agree though). He just didn't read the thread backwards enough. I contacted several competent archaeologists. The one from the University of TN. shared his thoughts and I posted it. Some others got back with me and expressed interest but didn't follow back up with me. So I guess I'm left with getting my "post-doctorate degree".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back