LUE MAP THEORY, MAYBE SOME CONTEXT

I'm still wondering why a mountain range in Arizona would be named the Big Lue Mountains. I think I remember, from one of the LUE threads, that Hardrock Hammond borrowed the map, from it's owner, and let KvM and others, copy the LUE map before he returned it to the owner, who lived in Arizona. I wonder if the maps owner, or somebody in his family, had something to do with naming the mountain range. Also, why would he have the LUE map, in the first place? Did somebody in his, or her, family create the map?

I don't have any top notch research tools, but if somebody does, maybe you would look for information about a family named Lue, Leaux, L'eaux or Laue, who have lived in Arizona.

The mountains were named for the Lue Ranch owned by Eugene Johnson, circa 1884-1906, whose cattle brand was LUE.

Sdcfia, was there a recovery made by the Map Cave. That was a real interesting story, in your book, and I plotted all of the major points. Also, is there any treasure lore associated with Black Mountain, just NE of the Twin Sisters?
No "modern recoveries" there that I'm aware of, although one of the alleged reasons for the creation of Map Cave ca 1540-1545 was to record a few dozen cache sites of native gold and silver in the rugged terrain surrounding it. That, of course, is a big pill to swallow.

If the allegations surrounding Map Cave are true, then I guess we'd have to consider the accompanying Black Peak claim too - the metal allegedly documented in the cave carvings originated from Black Peak.

The mountains were named for the Lue Ranch owned by Eugene Johnson, circa 1884-1906, whose cattle brand was LUE.
Good info Puff, verified at 1903-1904 List of AZ taxed brands That answers where the LUE name comes from - Lue may have been Johnson's wife, daughter, mother, favorite dog ("Big Lue", ha ha) or some such. If so, that's an easy explanation.

Now, interestingly, since the Big Lue Mountains place name came into existence no later than the early 1900s, that means it predated all the LUE treasure lore which surfaced, when, in the 1930s? That of course is the same time period as many, many other cache-related treasure stories appeared, and could have been chosen then as a map node just because of its name.

Regardless, there it is in the middle of a "coincidental" perfect right triangle set related to big treasure rumors.

This might be a little thin, but that hasn't stopped me before.

I keep trying to find something on the LUE clue that will lead to the places in New Mexico where LUE caches have been recovered or have the potential for a recovery, Elizabethtown, Black Lake, Mora and Romeroville. From the research that Randy Bradford shares, the words LLORO URRACA ENTERRARI were written on the LUE clue and some think these words might be a clue that will help solve the LUE clue. A rough translation is, LLORO to weep, URRACA a proper name and ENTERRARI to bury. Randy has offered the possible translation of, "URRACA CRIES BECAUSE IT IS BURIED."

Some people feel that Urraca Mesa in New Mexico is connected to the LUE because it is just NE of Black Lake, where a LUE cache was allegedly recovered.

Here's another possibility. On page 65 of his book HOW TO FIND THE TREASURES OF THE KNIGHTS OF THE GOLDEN CIRCLE, Roy Roush writes that the LUE was sometimes referred to as the LEAUX. LEAUX is the French word for water.

A few miles west of Black Lake the Mora River flows south to Mora and La Cueva, New Mexico. Here is an excerpt from the article, Where the Heart Resides: Stories from the Mora Valley. "... the Mora River Valley is a land of blackberries and black bears, pine forests and trout-stuffed streams. It contains a vibrant history within its lush rolling landscape, and possibly takes its name from a French trapper who wandere d over from Taos and dubbed it “les eaux des morts,” or “the waters of the dead,” for the corpse he found submerged in the river. (It was said that Mexicanos corrupted the term to “lo de Mora.”

Here is a French phrase, L'EAUX URA ENTERRAR, this phrase translates to, THE WATERS WILL BURY. Could "THE WATERS WILL BURY" be a clue directing to the Mora River? Something else of interest is Coyote Creek, which is a tributary of the Mora River. Twenty miles north of Mora, where Coyote Creek flows into the Mora River, Coyote Creek flows right by Black Lake.

Rumor is that LUE caches were recovered at Black Lake and just south of Mora. Also, near La Cueva, a carving was found that had some features of the LUE clue.

View attachment 2163847
Hi MD,

More East.

Bests in Treasure

LUE-Hawn

Hello MD,

The location of all the L U E clues, is all privately owned. Every line in the L U E represents something on the ground. The Spanish were exact in their measurements without saying anymore than I already have, but east of the symbols you posted from TOTVOS by Deek Gladson.

Bests in Treasure

LUE-Hawn

lue dot new 700.jpg

This is the LUE clue. There are three locations on this clue that I will show you.

The lower right quadrant shows a map of the United States represented by triangles. There are two small dots in this quadrant. The dot at the upper point of the middle triangle is at coordinates 45 deg 48' 38" N and 95 deg 39' 40" W. The coordinates of the dot in the center of the circle are 42 deg 35' 59" N and 109 deg 38' 27" W.

I used the upper right quadrant to find the latitude of the midpoint of the Sun in the upper left quadrant. I used the column to find the longitude of the midpoint of the Sun in the upper left quadrant. I also used a star chart to find both latitude and longitude of the midpoint of the Sun in the upper left quadrant. The coordinates of the midpoint of the Sun are 38 deg 03' 10" N and 104 deg 59' 34" W.

The three coordinates that I gave you are starting points for the compass headings represented by the rays of the Sun. Although I call the symbol the Sun, it could very well represent a protractor, especially since the rays are compass headings.

The starting points and compass headings are used to create a pattern of lines across a map of the United States. Line intersections will get you close to treasure related areas and the length of the Sun rays and the gaps in the rays will pinpoint a location where there should be treasure related signs and symbols that will lead you to a cache. That's my theory.

I believe the blocks in the lower left quadrant might represent the number of caches on the LUE clue.

New starting points are found at places where more than two lines intersect.

Here's a map showing LUE clue headings across the United States.

LUE starting points and lines.jpg

I feel like I've accomplished what I wanted to, with this thread. I provided specific locations, on the LUE clue and explained how I got there. That information is a tool that can be used or discarded.

There have been very excellent comments and information shared on this thread and I appreciate all those who participated. Thank you very much.

I still have a lot of questions about the LUE clue, so my research will continue, but I will concentrate on specific locations and treasure legends and not on the map, itself.

If anybody ever has any questions, please feel free to ask. Also, all comments are welcome.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back