Apr 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image-2005232878.jpg

image-305538332.jpg

image-2552466520.jpg

image-681053919.jpg

Upvote 0
Also this is an iron piece so it has already started to rust. Does anybody know what to do to clean it and what would u put on it to preserve it after the clean
It should be soaking in fresh water now to remove the salts. The iron will crumble in air. . Keep changing the water..

Upvote 0
I just read AU seekers great advice. Fresh water- rain, well or distilled NOT swimming pool.

After months of soaking maybe electrolysis can be used to stabilize the iron

Upvote 0
I found mention of HN Stone and an 1856 patent on the Jamestown grounding. Scroll down to At the stranding location in 1881 Leo's Website: Jamestown stranding in English

So far I am unable to find the patents or the meaning of the date 1864.

He estimates the size of Jamestown to be 1200 tons and mentioned that the mizzenmast had been cut away close to the deck and that there had been axe marks on the mainmast. The rudder with all its attachments was missing and most of the ship's rigging hung over the side and was in poor condition. The report continues telling that on the bow it had been possible to read the name Jamsetown and in smaller, almost obliterated letters, "Boston, Mass". On a brass plate over the cabin was the name Jamestown again and on one of the three windlasses found was the inscription "Improved, 1869, H.W. Stone" and on another "Edison's patent, Aug. 21st. 1856, H.N. Stone, Boston".

Upvote 0
This is pretty cool! Nice find!

Upvote 0
Just finished taking all the coral of and found this written on the other side

image-3209083275.jpg

Upvote 0
What is the word above patent?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back