Info needed, found Gray Blue cave clay, in Pa.

Gray blue clay is often associated with Silver and normally obtains the color due to oxidation of the Silver. This same gray blue clay often contains Gold. The greenish blue in the clay is probably due to Copper oxidation otherwise known as Copper Oxide. You might want to pan the clay out to see if there is any Gold any it, making sure to recoup the clay. After recouping the clay, spread it out in layers on plastic and let it dry. After dried, place the clay in a large iron or other large kettle, mix pure Borax with it, then burn it with a torch. If there is any Silver in the clay, it will bead up and can be panned out. Although I am not sure of this, the process may also cause any Copper to bead up and come to light. This method was told to me by a friend that has Gold prospected most of his life and who also has found some very nice deposits of Silver.

Frank

Ooops, I did not realize that this Thread was 3 years old until after I had already posted! I wonder what the O.P. found out about the clay?
I’ve just discovered blue gray clay on my property! It’s very unique in texture and color. Tends to run in veins dow my hillside banks. Would love any information

I need Blue grey clay from gold mine ??

I urgently need gray blue clay from gold mines. Can anyone help me. I will pay well it least 2-3 kg. I need for medical use. Please. send me a e-mail at [email protected]
thank you
As far as I know, there is no gold #MIN on my property, but this blue gray clay is in the banks of soil on my property in veins.

Blue clay is what they use to line ponds. It’s super sticky and water won’t pass through it. In the past, if you built a pond and lined it with blue clay, the state would give you some money to help pay for construction.

Blue clay is what they use to line ponds. It’s super sticky and water won’t pass through it. In the past, if you built a pond and lined it with blue clay, the state would give you some money to help pay for construction.
Here is a blue clay pit that I have dug out.
Brickyard, now a retention pond for my irrigation.
Used to go dry every year, now 6 yrs it's held water.
20180923_171234.jpg
20180923_171413.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back