IH + Wheats and relics.

unclejesse67

Mar 9, 2008
Kalispell, Montana
Detector(s) used
MXT300
Since I got my MXT, I've only been digging coins at 3-4 inches at the most. I know this thing is good for deeper than that so yesterday I did some experimenting with buried coins and rings in my front yard. Today I went out to a few old vacant lots in Kalispell. These lots are right on a main steet and have been vacant for years so I know they've been hunted before. I used my new knowledge to dig signals that I would've passed up before. I cranked up the gain to max and went to work. The first signal I dug after getting out of the car was a patchy 40-50ish VDI one way and solid but faint 72 the other. The pinpoint said 7" deep. I dug a 6" plug and went down to the hilt on my trowel (about 6"). I pulled the plug and the loose dirt out of the hole and hit it again. Whatever it was, it was still in the hole. It still sounded patchy but was louder with 78-80 VDI. I dug some more and felt my trowel hit something hard. I pinpointed and pulled out the IH (of course I scratched it with the trowel but I was still exited it's only my 2nd IH) I thought that I was done but hit the hole again and still had a penny signal. I pulled out a wheat. I tried again and still had a signal. I ended up pulling 3 more wheats out of the same hole. I was all excited after this and was sure I was going to find some silver. I searched the area for a couple hours and found some more wheats and other cool stuff. I only dug three modern pennies which confirmed that the shallower stuff was hunted out. The jar lid was at 18 inches (I've found many of those before but this was the deepest one I've dug) Someday I'm going to dig a jar lid and it'll be connected to a jar full of gold. The other lid says "Nyal's Face Cream". The old hose nozzle is the third one I've found, I cleaned the other two out and hooked them to my hoses they work great. This one has some writing on it but all I can make out is "GEM" patented OCT 16 ------------- NE 2 1885. The Chinese coin is the first one I've found. I don't know anything about Chinese coins. The heart pendant looks like a dog tax but all it has are the 12 months on one side with a hole punched in Aug. It doesn't say anything on the other side. The shell casings were all at least 8-10 inches down. The little brass fitting was giving me a patchy penny signal at 8 inches. I moved my dirt pile several times before I was able to pipoint that little *%$#.

Anyway, no silver today but I'm excited to try out some other spots now that I'm learning my machine.

Penny dates: 1907, 1915s, 1916s, 1917s, 1917s, 1929d, 1944, 1944s,1945d

Attachments

• PICT0134.JPG
    PICT0134.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 258
  • PICT0132.JPG
    PICT0132.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 255
Upvote 0
I like the Chinese cash coin. Good find! :thumbsup:

Nice digs, looks fun :)

HH

Hey Jesse

Way to go. there is nothing like learning your machine really well and knowing that the coins will be found. finding a jar of gold coins is probably everyone's dreams at night... except for Kirk.. he dreams of a jar of copper coins... I am sure

Welcome to TreasureNet and thanks for showing us your neat finds.

After learning the MXT a 6 inch trowel just won't hack it any longer.

Happy hunting (HH)

Sanat

Very nice finds ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back