Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know what this pin is
It was found at a house built in the 1950's
Thanks!

image-2293446127.jpg

image-1483590965.jpg

image-1857152656.jpg

You can think of the cufflink as being covered by 1 part gold and 20 parts base metal by weight, more gold than items that are electro plated or gold filled.

Upvote 0
I'd say it is a tie clasp ........... men's ties were narrow in the 50s and 60s

Upvote 0
No it is not, GP/EGP is mesured by thickness, Roll Gold same a Roll Gold Fill is mesured by weight. To be legally referred to as rolled gold or rolled gold fill 12 k and under has to have a layer of gold bonded to it 1/10 the the weight of the item, 14 k and up has to have 1/20 the weight.

Dude i have found pounds of gold jewelry, post some pounds on TN. Don't believe me look at my threads. And that is a cufflink not a tie clasp.

It is guys like you that caused me to stop posting my finds on TN.

Here I am out hunting some of the best using my gold bug 2.
I won by finding a gold ring and a walking liberty hals, not to mention the other silver, buffs, wheat, etc.

that's a way of saying gold plated lol

Even made it on TV, watch video or I won't school you any more, lol:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No it is not, GP/EGP is mesured by thickness, Roll Gold same a Roll Gold Fill is mesured by weight. To be legally referred to as rolled gold or rolled gold fill 12 k and under has to have a layer of gold bonded to it 1/10 the the weight of the item, 14 k and up has to have 1/20 the weight. Dude i have found pounds of gold jewelry, post some pounds on TN. Don't believe me look at my threads. And that is a cufflink not a tie clasp. It is guys like you that caused me to stop posting my finds on TN. Here I am out hunting some of the best using my gold bug 2. I won by finding a gold ring and a walking liberty hals, not to mention the other silver, buffs, wheat, etc. Even made it on TV, watch video or I won't school you any more, lol: YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM5wXRv3aSQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player
dang I quoted wrong sorry about that I wasn't meaning anything harmful or anything. I am sorry if I offended you and it is my apologies. Sorry man. Also I am new to this whole ID thing and I am glad you taught me some stuff about this cufflink. Thanks for the additional info!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok, so educate me next, please. I love this forum because of the things we can learn from it. I don't care about what metal it's made from, just the function bit. How would this cufflink work? And granted, it does seem small for a tie clip, which I instantly thought of, but it would meet the function of a tie clip. I thought cuff links went through stitched in holes in a shirt's cuff, and either had posts or chain that went through the hole, and something on the end (button-ish, or swivel rod) that held it on the less viewed side. How would a clamp-style work? :icon_scratch:

Upvote 0
Its for sure a Tie Clamp. If you do a Google search on Oval tie clamps, you will see alot of similar ones

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back