Garrett Vortex Shipping Delay 7/24/2024 info below, click the link!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Honestly I do not know how I feel about Garrett adding things to the initial Vortex, one of the main things that appealed to me with the Vortex was it not having a bunch of confusing features and setting to mess with, personally I would have rather had the Vortex VX9 get into my hands and then let me decide whether it needed these added features and settings on the ground I detect, and if it did need to be improved, then roll out an update for it, as apposed to shoving things in just to shove things in to appease a few, not everyone needs or desires all these settings and features in a detector

People keep suggesting all these features and settings to be added with out ever having even had one in their hands yet, and in my mind it is ridiculous

its like the Nokta/Macro Legend, Nokta packed way to many things into the Legend as far as features and settings that in my opinion they absolutely killed the performance of the Legend and made it so user unfriendly that for me personally it made me to absolutely hate the Legend

I have pre Ordered a Vortex VX9, but after reading your thread Bart and knowing what people have been saying needed to be added I may just end up cancelling my pre order and requesting my money back from the dealer I ordered through

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back