We've turned yet another page.

Thanks "For The Ride" Friends!

Always,

My Best Wishes,

Scott

PS.

Spring is here.

Whar be the recipes for grillin'?

What seasonings/spices do you use as a rubs for Pork? Beef? Fish?

And, Whar, PLEASE! Whar is that list of them Critters?

granny11.jpg
"I know 'em, iffen I can see 'em...."

let's grill, baby.jpg
"Let's grill, Baby!"
:laughing7:

Last edited:

This particular song reminds me of the time I had a '64 Honda 305 "Dream,"
with a "Scrambler" Front end.....

I was 16 and had just gotten my drivers license!
I applied for and received my
Motorcycle addition and have had that endorsement for the last 40 years.....
No matter where I've traveled or lived...I have kept up my current License....
No Bike,
Right now,
But I'm good to ride....
And I'm usually sober.....:thumbsup:

Huh?

Really?
Oh....damn.
Sorry......
My Bad.....
-------

I bought that bike in the late '6o's for $50.
It didn't run, then......
But, I brought it life!

frankie.jpg

One night, in my Dad's garage, late at night,
I readied myself for a "kick-start" after a month's work.....

Fuel Petcock open?

Yep!

Plug wires attached?
YEP!

HIT IT!!!

KICK IT, SCOTTY!
----------------------------------------------------

(That bike later brought about my first major cycle wreck.
With an idiot....SPOILER: I Lived! The bike?

Yeah. I fixed it up and sold it.For a LOT more than $50. Wouldn't you?)

The second wreck, my bike was lifted to the tow truck in two pieces.....

Yeah, I lived that time, too....
---------

Anyhow,
Last week, A fellow was restoring a '64 Dream and needed a key made for the ignition.

Can you say, a, "DREAM" Irony?

Yeah,
I made the key and cut him a second one.....

$20

And, such is Life....

toothless prospector.jpg
"Best damn game in Town!"

My Best Wishes,

Always,

Scott

Last edited:
Kick back.

Enjoy life.
Spread your Love!~

Best,

Scott

OK, Folks, here's the deal.....

By Wednesday of next week, I will consider the story of your outing and find(s)
of this weekend's adventure,
and I will reward that winner with a Silver Washington Quarter Dollar.
Post Paid.

"Let the Games Begin!"

View attachment 1137193

View attachment 1137194

View attachment 1137195

Who will win Scott's Silver Quarter?
A "Rat Race?"

Rat Race (2001) - IMDb

Best,

Scott

Key phrase here is, "Story."

Be mindful of spelling, grammar and such....

If no winners are determined, said silver quarter will be spent,
in a vending machine.

So Sad.....

Oh, and the story must be truthful. (Jeff?) :laughing7:

Photos count highly....

Questions?

IMG_0097.JPG

And so it came to pass that Sunday's snow melted. Monday yielded to mud and high winds.
Treed areas were out of the question so off to an open clay field.
Being wet led to the usual arguing with detector over what lay beneath.
Zinc cents giving a quick bleep and dropping to an iron signal. Other signals dropping to iron before getting a look at where they registered and not improving when swinging coil tightly above them,or just plain evaporating into...yes iron again after a hopeful indication.
So when in doubt, scratch something,whatever it is with the Lesche.

Running jewelry mode and eventually knocking out lowest level of iron discrimination allowed for multiple signals to sort mixed trash.
One plug having can slaw and a cent. Another the small iron nail(the nail pictured under round mysterious item) and another cent.
The 47 Rosie was on edge and I gashed him right through the eye and all the way across,arghhhh.

Wind knocked the detector over twice laying on the ground while plugs were being dug and on one gridding run blew the strapped sack that rides on the chair back up over onto me. Checked for possible lost contents like the note pad with potential cache site, and all was well.

Concentrating on trying to hear the wireless headphones on soft tones in the wind led to an ol gal sneaking up on me unnoticed and asking if I needed help.
Shame on me for not being aware of my surroundings like normal...I yelled "Holy cow "plenty loud in response though!Poor gal did not know if she should run or fight but she recovered, at a safe distance.

A good days hunt. Some quarters dimes and cents, no nickles,hmmm.

Still not sure of a debris field direction. It may be cross hatched. A former optometrist's home with no sign of any having been there.
The round black ring is mostly flat and has a bent tail. Near the road the drive would have been off from it might be from one of those lights to peek in ears or eyes? If not ,no clues as to former resident or relics. Perhaps the silver dime relates.
A lamp wick winder last year was from same area.(In picture below with other recoveries from same site last year.)

Happy Hunting all; and here's a spring hunt story Scott!
(After the deadline,allowing you to spend your quarter as you see fit).

IMG_0092.JPG

Last edited:
View attachment 1140331

And so it came to pass that Sundays snow melted. Monday yielded to mud and high winds. Treed areas were out of the question so off to an open clay field. Being wet led to the usual arguing with detector. Zinc cents giving a quick bleep and dropping to an iron signal.
Running jewelry mode and eventually knocking out lowest level of iron discrimination allowed for multiple signals to sort mixed trash. One plug having can slaw and a cent. Another the small iron nail(the nail pictured under round mysterious ringie thingie) and another cent.
The 47 Rosie was on edge and I gashed him right through the eye and all the way across,arghhhh.
Wind knocked the detector over twice laying on the ground while plugs were being dug and on one gridding run blew the strapped sack that rides on the chair back up over onto me. Checked for possible lost contents like the note pad with potential cache site and all was well.
Concentrating on trying to hear the wireless headphones on soft tones in the wind led to an ol gal sneaking up on me unnoticed and asking if I needed help. Shame on me for not being aware of my surroundings like normal...I yelled "Holy cow "plenty loud in response though!Poor gal did not know if she should run or fight but she recovered, at a safe distance.
A good days hunt. Some quarters dimes and cents, no nickles,hmmm.
Still not sure of a debris field direction. It may be cross hatched. A former optometrist's home with no sign of any having been there.
The round black ring is mostly flat and has a bent tail. Near the road the drive would have been off from it might be from one of those lites to peek in ears or eyes? If not ,no clues as to former resident or relics. Perhaps the silver dime relates. A lamp wick winder last year was from same area.(In picture below with other recoveries from same site.)
Happy Hunting all; and here's your spring hunt story Scott!

View attachment 1140342

AND...

WE HAVE A WINNER!
(Just under the wire!)
------
I have received a PM from another T-Net Member,
close by, who is interested in searching some sites together.

RC,
You have also provided well focused pictures and a very descriptive narration.

Well done, my Friend!
Well Done! :notworthy:

In fact, I believe there may be "extra credit" goodies in your prize package!

PM me your address and I'll shoot the whole thing your way!

I certainly hope that this little "contest" has provided inspiration to

GET OUT AND ENJOY!

Hope all are Well!

My Best Wishes,

Always,

Scott

PS.

I'll offer a few different Silver Quarter dates and mint marks for your choice....

Last edited:
Thought for today- Only in quiet waters things mirror themselves undistorted. Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world......

I'm doing fine. Went to my 8 year olds baseball game tonight. Spoke with a Vietnam era Vet friend of mine as we cheered grand kids and great grand kids on. We won! I'm ok Ever vigilant. Thank you for asking friend

Holy cow I just realized something...... My wife and I are a couple days from our 33rd wedding anniversary..... Ok gang I'm open for any ideas.....what can I get her that say thanks for sticking with me, I know it's been hard but she's put up with me! HELP

2GF,

Well if you're fairly good in the kitchen you could whip up a nice gourmet/romantic dinner for starters.

Regards + HH

Bill

I like the idea of cooking a meal....

How about grilling for many?

If you were I, or something like that,

I'd play it "low-key" that day,

Suggest heading to a beach that night for a "little" get-together....

And when you arrive to the location,
Many friends are already there, the grill is ready, the drinks flow and,
Then,

You stop all partying,
And declare, once again,
Your Love, devotion and dedication.

Toasts will surely follow!

She, nor you or any Friends in attendence will ever forget the event!

My Toast to You and yours!

Best Wishes,
Always,
Buddy!

Congrats!
:occasion14:

Scott

Last edited:
Great idea too. I'm going to cook her favorite meal. She's a true Southern girl and it isn't everyday she gets fried potatoes, corn bread, macaroni and tomatoes, fried pork chops, and her mom passed away in 2003 and we have 2 cans of moms green beans left...... Always the best green beans on the planet. What do you guys think of that meal? It's her favorite!!!!! Can't get it if I take her out to eat...... Better start peeling them taters!

what can I get her that say thanks for sticking with me, I know it's been hard but she's put up with me! HELP

I'd suggest a nice pinpointer, and she could probably use a tool kit too.

tools.jpg

GIB you always come thru and make my laugh buddy. That's funny...... I promised her an upright organ to play...... Wait for it......wait for it...... Think about that for a few seconds.....haha

I'm going to get in trouble for that one but that's just funny right there I don't care who you are.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back