CRISPINS CRITTERS

Happy Easter everyone!!

Sent from a empty soda can!

Well I didn't get to cook for here.... But we cooked four our whole family and had a great da! Hope all had a great day......I'll keep that organ in reserve.......

I'll keep that organ in reserve.......

...and this is what we see when someone doesn't know the difference between an Organ and a Piccolo.

Last edited:
Folks,

It's been awhile since I posted a song....here's a mellow one for you...

Sweet Jane - The Cowboy Junkies.

CRISPIN'S CRITTERS

I took the boys to baseball game tonight. Only the 9 years old had a game. We struggled at pitching so I told him it was ok. He told his coach he and I have been practicing pitching and he thinks he's ready. At batting he hit the fence but they called it a foul ball., bottom of the 6th inning, lose 2 runs we are tied no outs. I played baseball for 12 years......I knew how to coach him......no outs runners on first and second that's what he inherits...... Did I say he's never pitched before?!he throws very hard,very fast. First pitch strike inside..... Second pitch over the kids head. I yell to him 1-2-3....... Then rip it..... Strike. Change your fingers....... Strike 3!!!!!!!!!!! One down. Next batter hit off him, that's ok he's doing fine next batter strike one......inside........ Next pitch hits back to my boy who turns and burns and throws out the runner going to second...... Great move . 2 outs...... Next batter, hits the ball bounces off the rubber and hits my boy in the face........ Do you want to come out ? No I want to finish. Ok . Next batter 3 pitches, 3 strikes......... And that's my boy tonight and me !!!!!!!! Gosh was he sweating first game he's ever pitched. Oh yeah he hit a foul ball where he hit the left field top of the fence in the air !!!!!!!!!!!!! He just turned 9!!!!!!! I call him Smalls from that movie The Sandlot When he messes up ........ You're killing me Smalls..Quote from that movie makes the fans laugh, he laughs, and I laugh and everything is ok. He has a wicked fastball and we are incorporating his change up

Last edited:
CRISPIN'S CRITTERS

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1428378463.517218.jpg

Last edited:

Ah, you rascal!
That picture made my day! :notworthy:

In fact, I think I'll use it for my wallpaper to remind me that
I've always "one more pitch..."

I was a pitcher on the DCABA League back in the 60's? :icon_scratch:
-------------

Seems like your summer is planned......
You lucky dog! :thumbsup:

My Best,

Scott

Now that it's summer, right?
Not quite yet?
But the trees are budding, new growth abounds!

OK.
Not quite yet....
Tomorrow?

Yes, Perhaps....

Amongst the Fenders and Gibsons, did you notice the Ovation?

I did, when I heard it's "Voice."

Last edited:
Thanks Scott. That means a lot to me! I've been working with him a lot. Every chance we get. He was drenched in sweat last night so much his hat was soaked!!!!! He was the one that told his coach he's been practicing not me. Coach said "why not let's give the kid a chance" we have codes I yell to him. 1-2-3 is how I taught him his pitching stance so I'm telling him to be calm, take your time, concentrate on the delivery. Change your fingers.... Means there are 3 different ways he holds the ball. I'm telling him a regular fastball, a split finger fastball, or if he holds the whole ball in his hand, just grabs it, it's a wicked off speed pitch. It's so slow it seems like they swing 3 times at it! It makes the batter look stupid!!!!! And for my grandsons biggest night, his biggest debut........... Neither his father or mother were there...... No excuses........BUT I WAS AND ALWAYS WILL BE!

Phil Niekro (sp) was one of my heroes because we both threw knuckleballs. Pete Rose was my other hero because of him I learned very early to switch hit. My power was left handed but I could place the ball right handed...... Drove my coaches crazy

Phil Niekro (sp) was one of my heroes because we both threw knuckleballs. Pete Rose was my other hero because of him I learned very early to switch hit. My power was left handed but I could place the ball right handed...... Drove my coaches crazy

In my playing on League, I NEVER hit a Home Run,
But, I could place a hit anywhere on the field.

Left-handed or Right.
I'm naturally a south-paw.....

I had a batting average of over .650....

It's all about finesse...not power!

I'm not the biggest or strongest on the team, but.....

It's about one's specialty.

If you need a home run, I'm not the one.

If you need the start of a little bingo,
That's me!

I LOVE the smell of pine tar.....

My Best Wishes,

Scott

AH, I see RC beat me to it....

Last edited:
I took the boys to baseball game tonight. Only the 9 years old had a game. We struggled at pitching so I told him it was ok. He told his coach he and I have been practicing pitching and he thinks he's ready. At batting he hit the fence but they called it a foul ball., bottom of the 6th inning, lose 2 runs we are tied no outs. I played baseball for 12 years......I knew how to coach him......no outs runners on first and second that's what he inherits...... Did I say he's never pitched before?!he throws very hard,very fast. First pitch strike inside..... Second pitch over the kids head. I yell to him 1-2-3....... Then rip it..... Strike. Change your fingers....... Strike 3!!!!!!!!!!! One down. Next batter hit off him, that's ok he's doing fine next batter strike one......inside........ Next pitch hits back to my boy who turns and burns and throws out the runner going to second...... Great move . 2 outs...... Next batter, hits the ball bounces off the rubber and hits my boy in the face........ Do you want to come out ? No I want to finish. Ok . Next batter 3 pitches, 3 strikes......... And that's my boy tonight and me !!!!!!!! Gosh was he sweating first game he's ever pitched. Oh yeah he hit a foul ball where he hit the left field top of the fence in the air !!!!!!!!!!!!! He just turned 9!!!!!!! I call him Smalls from that movie The Sandlot When he messes up ........ You're killing me Smalls..Quote from that movie makes the fans laugh, he laughs, and I laugh and everything is ok. He has a wicked fastball and we are incorporating his change up

How I used to practice my pitching was with a basket of baseballs, a tire hung up in front of the side of the garage, aiming for the center, and taking my time...
NOT rushing!

I may have pitched a few losses,
But,

I NEVER had a "dinger" hit off me!

Best,

Scott

I had (still have?) a 3/4 side-arm sinker, like Quisenberry of the Royals...
IF you hit it, it was an infield squib....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Quisenberry

(Dan pitched the final out)

Sorry.

Just reminiscing....

Best,

Scott

Last edited:
I see youre a baseball fan too. That's what happens to knuckleballs. They have no life so they don't go anywhere. I practiced pitching by outlining a catchers MIT and the strike zone on the side of the barn........ Love those days. Reminds me of a funny story. I was playing short stop one time back when we had wooden bats. This kid swung real hard, the ball was coming right at me. I remember thinking " do I catch the ball, do I get hit with the SWACK the bat....... I got hit with the bat. I was playing the grass. But I did stop the ball. Darn bat cut my face. that was funny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back