CRISPINS CRITTERS

I AM PISSED...........I took my grandson to Walmart to buy some stuff for dinner and his lunch for the week. As we were leaving this man was standing outside handing out red carnations. He gave my grandson one and I said "no thank you" He said "No no, take one, it will change your life" I said "No thank you I am in a hurry" He kept persisting. The more he persisted, the more I said no and kept an even tone. I just pushed the buggy a little faster........I told my grandson get on the buggy which he did. We got to my truck and I was watching the man following us. I told my grandson get in the truck quickly........I put the groceries away real quick and my grandson asked me to read the words on the carnation.....I started to read it.....then noticed it was a bible verse, so I skipped straight to the bottom and read......"From the Prophet Mohammed" My blood was boiling......I noticed the man had followed us 2 cars over behind me. I got out and said "I have had enough, do you people ever stop? How many of my friends have you already killed and will continue to kill? I began to shake all over and knew something bad was about to happen.........I wadded up the flower and threw it at us feet and said "Go back to hell from where you came" and drove off as quickly as I could...............I'm still shook up because I have fought and my friends have died and I'm sorry but 9-11 will forever be a hate crime against all humanity..........and just the beginning

2GF,

I have decided that I wouldn't click "Like" on your post because while I like your response, in view of your Grandson, you showed what it was all about. :notworthy:

I do NOT like the pushiness of the "messenger."

The "Message" offered was one that you, I, and countless others have fought to
be able to be presented in a Free Society.
soldier.png

One day soon, Patriots will be recognized for their sacrifices,
And a Grateful Nation will embrace their efforts. :thumbsup:

You have my Deepest Respect, my Brother!

My Best Wishes,

Scott

PS.
Yeah,

I went ahead and "Liked" your post.
'Cause you handled it properly, professionally and "By Regulation." 8-)

Last edited:
I just got the nicest thing in the mail. Many years ago I use to play paintball. I just received a coin from a US Navy LT. He was a young kid that thanked me and a couple of the "elders" that took him under our wing back in the day. He thanked me for our encouragement and just being there for him. Now he's married, has a little boy, is a Navy Lt in the Submarine service of our country......a truly thankless job. Man I am so proud of him and to think he wrote me a letter thanking me for motivating him to get where he is!!!! I am PROUD!!!! I have a best friend that retired a year before I did that has 3 boys, that I found out about 18 months ago all 3 of his sons are on the Seal Teams!!!!!! Just think I remember testifying at his divorce when his crazy wife said he wasn't worthy of being a father...... Did something right huh? And my own son.....is a Firefighter/EMT that works part time venues at Daytona International Speedway..... He actually worked this years Daytona 500.....,,I guess we all have high hopes for our kids. I'm proud of him too

I just got the nicest thing in the mail. Many years ago I use to play paintball. I just received a coin from a US Navy LT. He was a young kid that thanked me and a couple of the "elders" that took him under our wing back in the day. He thanked me for our encouragement and just being there for him. Now he's married, has a little boy, is a Navy Lt in the Submarine service of our country......a truly thankless job. Man I am so proud of him and to think he wrote me a letter thanking me for motivating him to get where he is!!!! I am PROUD!!!! I have a best friend that retired a year before I did that has 3 boys, that I found out about 18 months ago all 3 of his sons are on the Seal Teams!!!!!! Just think I remember testifying at his divorce when his crazy wife said he wasn't worthy of being a father...... Did something right huh? And my own son.....is a Firefighter/EMT that works part time venues at Daytona International Speedway..... He actually worked this years Daytona 500.....,,I guess we all have high hopes for our kids. I'm proud of him too

Seeds sown in the past always bear fruit eventually.

Well done, Sir, Well done! :thumbsup:

Best,

Scott

I'm going fishing soon, also. I use BLUM's FISHING guide (2015) for BEST days to fish ("Almanac Thing")... it IS "on-line"; got the James River, Shenandoah River, Smith Mountain Lake; NUMEROUS creeks & streams, up in the near-by mountains. HAPPY FISHING! Good Luck! Time to go CAMPING, too! :icon_thumleft: :coffee2: Coffee...? :hello2::hello2::hello2:

Last edited:
"I'm sorry sir, but I've evolved beyond your pagan ritualistic beliefs."

Usually works.

But that does look like him in the morning.......well my wife couldn't make up her mind what to do for spring break, and now everything is booked in Key West. The one thing I have as a military retiree is we can stay cheaper on military bases. Key West has what equates to 2 hotels, townhouses, or trailers you can rent...... Everything is booked. Coming off a cruise I think she did this to me on purpose..... I like going there for the fishing and diving with the grand kids......

But in May we will make it to the mountains for her family reunion..... Hear that? The Blue Angels are flying over practicing for an Air Show this weekend. Last weekend the Thunderbirds were here. I had an appt at the VA, they were cool enough to do a meet and greet at the VA.

I look at em and say ..."I am trying to cut down... no thanks."

Hey Reb I'm going to try that fishing guide. You know we fish a lot here at my house. Need all the Voodoo help we can get !

Hey Reb I'm going to try that fishing guide. You know we fish a lot here at my house. Need all the Voodoo help we can get !

HA! NOT Voodoo... PLANT by the "signs"; FISH by the "signs"; get haircuts by the "signs"... ALL by "signs" & phases of the MOON!
:icon_thumleft::hello2::hello2::hello2:

Last edited:

Sent from a empty soda can!

My Fellow Critters, Wolf Pack Members, Treasure Hunters and Friends,

Today, I thought of how I will be remembered.

And I thought of Stevie.

Is there a "Last" concert video?

This is what I found.
(Audio only)

Enjoy Life.
Show your love to your Family, Friends, Animals and Strangers...

And, never be afraid to "Dream of a Better World." :thumbsup:

That's the best I can offer tonight as philosophy, during a study break.

That's all I got.
Concise, yet, lacking something, somehow.....:icon_scratch:

You got something better, or to add?

PLEASE tell me!

My Best Wishes Always,

Scott

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back