Grill out? Oh yes.

Ah,

This reminds me of "block Parties."

That I was the DJ....

Give it up for THE BRICK HOUSE!

A good Friend was shot and killed during that "Keg Party."

I still remember the blood.....

Yeah.
When I thought death was only required in military....

You know, either you die or I die
Somebody, a friend, always;

It sometimes sucks to grow old and think of Brothers and
Friends past...

(Yeah, go full screen here. You're Welcome.)

Scott

Last edited:
Anomalies,me? l.o.l. I,m just an anemone floating in an entity. Nothin odd there.....

Cheers all. Gotta go. Rest well. "ON an on.....

Last edited:
RC,
My Friend,

Just one tune will explain all...

I'm sure that you, and others, will understand....

Best,

Scott

Being numb means writing songs.

What's your song?

Last edited:
HA!
Just 'cause I feel like it!

The "original" version....

Written by Irving Berlin?

Here's a "newer" version....

Music, just like life is a pleasure, no matter the pitch of the bird's song....

My Best,
At any Hour,

Scott

Yes.
I have the 78rpm and an album of the newer version....

"C'mon....you know me.

Right?

Don't you?

Ah,

CRAP!

Not Again!

Last edited:
Another long day completed... I need a vacation! Lol! A few weeks from now and I'll be in Florida...

sent from a potato...

I think I see one of my crab trap floats on your fence!

Well, you can't have it back!
I'll paint that bugger........
Told ya I'd get them floats painted. :laughing7:

bothballs2.jpglongball.jpg

Dram, everyone should have a Florida vacation. I made mine a permanent one. :laughing7:
Happy Sunday critters! :hello:

dysuhyra.jpg
Told ya I'd get them floats painted. :laughing7:

View attachment 1012871View attachment 1012872

Dram, everyone should have a Florida vacation. I made mine a permanent one. :laughing7:
Happy Sunday critters! :hello:

The floats look awesome!! Right now I am out fishing with my son and father in law. My son caught his first fish about an hour ago. Soon I too will make my Florida vacation permanent. Just not soon enough! Lol

sent from a potato...

dysuhyra.jpg

The floats look awesome!! Right now I am out fishing with my son and father in law. My son caught his first fish about an hour ago. Soon I too will make my Florida vacation permanent. Just not soon enough! Lol

sent from a potato...
WAIT! There's something wrong with that pic of yours. :icon_scratch:

All I see is an oar! Don't ya'll got a motor? :laughing7: yeah, and where's that fish?

Thanks btw, project #4728. :laughing7:

Last edited:
D.R. ,your boys first first fish? If so a hearty congrats! Only one first. Congrats on being out with him and his first of the day if it was not. :thumbsup: Kids should fish,at least till its there choice. L.o.l.

WAIT! There's something wrong with that pic of yours. :icon_scratch:

All I see is an oar! Don't ya'll got a motor? :laughing7: yeah, and where's that fish?

Thanks btw, project #4728. :laughing7:

I have a plethora of motors. Yesterday we just grabbed the old Jon boat and threw it in the lake real quick. After all that rowing I think I'll bust out the old Mercury next time! Lol. I want to put my cuddy cabin in the water but while the truck is apart its too heavy to pull with my Wrangler. Soon though!

sent from a potato...

D.R. ,your boys first first fish? If so a hearty congrats! Only one first. Congrats on being out with him and his first of the day if it was not. :thumbsup: Kids should fish,at least till its there choice. L.o.l.

Yup, his very first fish! He was so excited! Last year he couldn't sit still long enough. This year he did. Yesterday I just made time to go fishing with him. Time goes way too fast...

sent from a potato...

Only young once. Wow,you were there for the first.Way cool. Mine was off a raft using a cane pole. At around a few years of age when my dad showed up later I did not want to let the little sunfish go where ashore it was swimming around in one of those plastic whale shaped boats us kids used to play with,but did see it go back in the lake. l.o.l..

Only young once. Wow,you were there for the first.Way cool. Mine was off a raft using a cane pole. At around a few years of age when my dad showed up later I did not want to let the little sunfish go where ashore it was swimming around in one of those plastic whale shaped boats us kids used to play with,but did see it go back in the lake. l.o.l..

RC, that's a cool story. I have never used a cane pole. I was sure glad I got to see his first fish. I have missed out on a lot of his firsts...

sent from a potato...

My best fishing memories were with a cane pole. I don't think I used a rod and reel till I was 14 or so? Glad you got to be there Dram!

Hey DR, You heading for Florida in the near future?

Does the state need to prepare?

hehehehe, ya'll help me to laugh, ty. Glad ya'll had fun Dram.
For as long as I can remember, mom and dad always went fishing. When they would get a small fish on the pole or reel, they would hand it to me and tell me, "fight 'em kitten, pull him in, reel 'em in kitten". At cleaning time, I always has to have eyeballs and bladder floaty sacs to play with. LOL!

One (beloved) childhood memory, is opening the fridge door, to see a long, wide, and deep Tupperware full of catfish. I guess mom was cleaning them out with corn meal. They would swim in that Tupperware for days in the fridge, them little mouths gaping open and close, till dad would finally clean them.
Eyeballs and bladder sac time, again. :laughing7:

Squiggy would be impressed......hehe yeup stirring the pot. I too used a cane pole as a kid for years had to earn the right to get a Zebco what was it....202 I think. The last time I took my grandson fishing I went to our local bait and tackle store, bought bait, they had some cane poles in a bucket, I asked him " do you know what those are little buddy?" "Yeup, that's spears for fishing!" Haha I think in my day if you were an adult and used a cane pole in Florida you didn't have to have a fishing license.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

They have their place. European competitions use modern versions as well as some crappie and bream I guess their called farther south fisher folks. Never seen it but heard stories of old timers throwing them in the water when a large fish was hooked to let them tire. Another account was of poles being floated on the tide in a river to cover more area.

elf-on-guard2-231x300.jpg

I paid my truck insurance yesterday.

With 174 one dollar bills.

I asked Ben, the insurance man, if he was going to the club later....

He said, "Sure! If you got more singles you can come, too!" :laughing7:
------------------------

I then went to see my Friend Julie at the animal shelter.
I took a large bag of plastic grocery bags, a stack of newspaper and had stopped and bought some paper towels.

I asked if her interim appointment had a possibility of a permanent status.

She replied that it was up to the Board of Directors.

I told her that if there was anything I could do to help along those lines to let me know.

I also told her that I'd like for her to call upon me for any fund raising.

I picked up a few fliers of a "Wish List" to place in the lock shop.

wishlist.jpg

It's a fairly comprehensive list that almost EVERY shelter would welcome for supplies!
Check with your local Shelter.
--------------------------
-------------------
------

Today I went to Disability Resources and saw my Friend Sonja.

I hadn't been in since the end of last Semester and the back room "warehouse" was a disaster area!

There were new donations, and many of the wheelchairs I had previously repaired were "monkeyed" with....

Seems that the courts assign certain "violators of the Law"
to work off "community service."

I usually leave a small bucket of nuts, a small bucket of bolts, etc.
These had to be found and gathered.

Good thing I never left any tools.

Anywho,

I started all over with the wheelchairs, about 15-20 all together.

I'm glad that I did.

It appears that "somebody" had been using or shall I say abusing the equipment.

I had planned on spending a couple of hours but ended up being there about 4 hours.

Finally sorted, repaired and lined back up for availability,
I told Sonja to let the "yahoos" know that "The repair guy will find you if you mess with the equipment!"

She laughed and it felt good to see her laugh.
She has such a stressful job.
But she has a heart a country mile wide and we both know why we do what we do for folks. :thumbsup:

I got pretty much caught up but there's one wheelchair that was chosen as a "donor" chair due to a bent frame.

I'll be able to use those arm rests on a different chair and the seat will fit another chair.

I have to perform specialized adaptations for this to occur and hadn't brought the tools necessary.

I'll return on Thursday to make this happen.
And run the cleaner for several items.

Hope all "Got "er Done" Today!

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back