CRISPINS CRITTERS

diesel,
Glad things are moving along....keep posting updates for the crew.

Regards + HH

Bill

Will do Bill, I hope to hang the rest of the drywall tomorrow night, and keep inching closer to completion!

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!!!

Latest purchase: Yugo M72
0002.jpg

Joke of the day — This is funny because I’m going as a 5th grade chaperone 1 December to Sea World
At Sea World, our grandson absolutely refused to see the show featuring Shamu the killer whale, but he wouldn't tell us why.

No amount of discussion could get him to change his mind.

Later, when we got home, we discovered the reason for his reluctance.

An aunt had told him how exciting the show would be because "They choose children from the audience to feed Shamu."

Latest purchase!!!!
I just bought this cuddy cabin boat. It is a mess but I bought it for the trailer as it’s a galvanized tandem axle trailer. I’m going to switch trailers with my cuddy cabin I’ve had forever as it’s a single axle trailer and is overloaded and sways badly traveling down the road.
And the best part is I only paid $250 delivered!!!!!!

I’ll sell my old trailer for a few times that in the spring. Now I just need to get rid of the boat itself...
IMG_2918.JPG

Diesel brother I wish you lived close by.....we could be a great team. Haha

Diesel brother I wish you lived close by.....we could be a great team. Haha

That’s for sure!!
This boat is definitely a home run!!

2GF: The boat looks great to me. Just remember a boat is a hole in the water, you pour money into. As for the Yugo, only test fired a few rounds, I would not want to hump that think around the jungle, it is built like a tank. I have to go out to the shop and find more magazines for it. I am not sure who will get it. Before I got it out of the shop, I was offered $1,100.00 for it.

2GF,

Not really up to speed on the boat market so price wise not sure if that's a good price or not.....maybe check a bit more for same model and year to see if it's in line.
As Johnny says boats can be money pits so better to buy something that gets the job done and doesn't break the bank.

Good luck!

Regards + HH

Bill

Ok ok you guys sound like my wife. Boats can be money pits, but so can cars, houses and most of all MY KIDS!!!! My kids spend my money more than I can!!!!!! Besides we can’t fish well off the shoreline. I need to get to the fish. My wife’s boss paid cash to build a new house. Since then she’s had to drop about $150000 in her new house!

Ok ok you guys sound like my wife. Boats can be money pits, but so can cars, houses and most of all MY KIDS!!!! My kids spend my money more than I can!!!!!! Besides we can’t fish well off the shoreline. I need to get to the fish. My wife’s boss paid cash to build a new house. Since then she’s had to drop about $150000 in her new house!

Everything in life is a money pit...I say buy a boat, just make sure it’s not too big of a financial expense given your situation (whatever that looks like) and make sure it’s a good boat, so you can enjoy it. Keep us updated!!!

I’m going to see a man about a boat [emoji571]*♀️ in the next couple days. I’m learning towards the cheaper (in cost).

https://spacecoast.craigslist.org/boa/6369640190.html

What do you guys think? Scott, RC Uncle Bill, Johnny, anybody please put in your 2 cents

Salt water/ ocean is not my area...
Looking online shows Sea Era as a line of Legacy boats manufacturing.
A low price line, and yours is the early ,less desired version.
Floor needs checked for softness anywhere . Fit and finish and wiring fit the original price point. Not saying crap...but not the best high dollar either ( of course).
On the boat you posted I would expect to have to service trailer bearings ( regardless of it having newer hubs) and have a few hundred bucks put aside for surprises as with any craft.
I prefer two means of propulsion ( belt and suspenders type mentality) and that can be costly .
The engine matters ...you can check the hull,transom, decking ect . but you are relying on the seller to insure condition of motor.
A marine mechanic can test it...(and replace waterpump at another time if you buy it) but in my area ,an outboard is easier to replace than an inboard ( non Diesel Ram type owner here).
How many hours the motor has on it matters. Though the owners claim it has been cared for helps ,if you believe so......

No idea what the price should be without knowing what they ( a like year and model )have recently sold for.
At gunpoint and having to go zoom on the water real soon.....I would straight faced tell the owner ( if the boat checked out healthy and I liked it) she ( the craft) was worth 4000 to me. Or ,what ever your research shows a good deal for you would be . Could be 3000 .Could be less.

Looking at a couple dozen other boats in the asking price range and studying actual owners reviews , reputation and features would help me decide ,maybe better.

My biggest concern would be an engine facing two decades of use. Piston rings wear regardless of care. The cost to repower with either some one else's used engine, or a new one that you break in and care for will be serious money. And a large part of what you have into the overall cost of ownership. Boats I have looked at ,the motor usually is the most expensive part to replace/ repair. And often half the package value or more.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back