✅ SOLVED Creek Bank Detecting Find

Dismal Swampy

Jan 10, 2024
Found about 7" down on a sandy creek bed.
1000011821.jpg
1000011820.jpg
1000011819.jpg

Thought first arrow tip or small plumb bob but seems to small for either. I think it's brass ( not magnetic). Truthfully I'm stumped on this one.

Scabbard tip loss was common in the 18th-19th C. Every time a soldier sat on the ground without first adjusting or removing his belt, the scabbard would jam into the ground. As an American CW reenactor, I know this from first-hand experience. A couple of my scabbards have either lost the tip or are damaged from sitting down with my accoutrements still attached to me.

Upvote 1
Scabbard tip loss was common in the 18th-19th C. Every time a soldier sat on the ground without first adjusting or removing his belt, the scabbard would jam into the ground. As an American CW reenactor, I know this from first-hand experience. A couple of my scabbards have either lost the tip or are damaged from sitting down with my accoutrements still attached to me.
Would you say union or confederate ? I know parts of the union's 14th Corp were in the area after the battle of Bentonville

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back