Coppa Delivery Guy Strikes a Coppa

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Tnet forum dudes:

Hey, guys, it is KirkPA. What in the heck is up? I got out today with Colonial Silver Zeus and zoyboy to one of zoyboy's latest ra-search site. It was one of those sites that is NOT easy to find, unless you know how to show some skills in this hobby....RESEARCH! :tongue3: :D :thumbsup:

Since I don't want to give out too many details about the site, I will only tell you that it is located in a pasture. Zoyboy did such fine research that he narrowed the detecting area down to about 1/2 acre in size. That makes for some good sweeping...John Walter-like sweeping that is, my men! :tongue3: :D

With our ANALOG machines juiced up, we took to the ancient field. We were there for about 45 mins. when my uncle, Colonial Silver Zeus, yelled out a great find. This one got our juices pumping. :tongue3: After his awesome recovery, I was soon startled by a "Q" on "Quarter" hit that pinpointed at 4". After plucking the doyt (dirt) out, I was soon welcomed by a GREEN disc! :headbang: :notworthy: :angel8: Yeah, baby, yeaaahhhhh! :tongue3: :thumbsup: I yelled to my relatives, "Coppa!" That was when we started to "club"...super hard handshaking. :D The coin turned out to be a nice 1825 Coronet cent...my 1st coppa for 2008! :icon_pirat: :D Zoyboy's research was paying off...BIGTIME! :icon_sunny:

After my awesome coppa, I detected in a determined fashion, kind of like John Walter! :D :wink: I found an iron buckle and a two-ringer later in the day. Oh, CSZ also made another great find, but I will let him tell you dudes about it. :wink: :D :o :D

All in all, let me tell you, it was a great day spent with my great relatives. :tongue3: :thumbsup: But, what made it even more special was the fine research of the site. Without the great homework by my brother, we would NOT have detected the site. Thank you, zoyboy, for your fine skills in this hobby. The fruits of your research paid off today and will in the future as well! :thumbsup:

Keep the passion high! :icon_sunny: :thumbsup:

Kirk

Note: All relics were found on private property with total consent of the landowner. :)

coronet004.jpg

coronet007.jpg

Upvote 0
Way to go Kirk. The first of many for 2008. :thumbsup: The "coronet Kids" strike again.

By the way, when are you going to get a new rug?? Coppas dont photograph well at all on that one... :tongue3: :tard:.......(with that background, everything is basically the same color) Use something darker as a background, like red or dark blue. The coppas look so much prettier that way :icon_flower: :toothy4: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Way to go guy!!! And great job on the ra-search Zoy. :thumbsup:

Hey Kirk,

Congrats on the Coppa. You definitely found what you were looking for. :thumbsup: Your Bro's research is paying off!!

Keep the Passion High, my friend from PA!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

I'm sorry it took you this long in the year Kirk.....I guess the delivery start's today!.Congrat's on the first of the year.....Research is the key to Everything.

The contrasting color just makes it look so nice! :icon_sunny: I hope you don't mind me tinkering with your picture a little :laughing7: ::) Then again, that rug is kind of famous around these here parts. Maybe you should keep it. :wink: :D :D

Attachments

• Kirks coppa.jpg
    Kirks coppa.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 974
Evolution said:
The contrasting color just makes it look so nice! :icon_sunny: I hope you don't mind me tinkering with your picture a little :laughing7: ::) Then again, that rug is kind of famous around these here parts. Maybe you should keep it. :wink: :D :D

LMAO!!! :D :D :D
Good one Ev. :thumbsup:

Kirk,
I saw your uncles post and now this. Fantastic job guys!!! Now that you guys are coming out of a looooong winter, I'm sure we'll be seeing more great finds, like this one, real soon.
Kyle and his research talents are amazing. He should start a research business for others. He's a real asset to your team.
Congrats on a nice old coppa Kirk! :wink:
-MM-

Evolution said:
Way to go Kirk. The first of many for 2008. :thumbsup: The "coronet Kids" strike again.

By the way, when are you going to get a new rug?? Coppas dont photograph well at all on that one... :tongue3: :tard:.......(with that background, everything is basically the same color) Use something darker as a background, like red or dark blue. The coppas look so much prettier that way :icon_flower: :toothy4: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Way to go guy!!! And great job on the ra-search Zoy. :thumbsup:

Rob,

Hey, buddy, what's up? You had a feeling as well. You even said the other day, "Kirk, you guys are going to strike some soon." You were right!

The rug thing does have to go. Tell zoyboy that...he takes the pics. :D

Keep the passion high!

Kirk

Captn_SE said:
Hey Kirk,

Congrats on the Coppa. You definitely found what you were looking for. :thumbsup: Your Bro's research is paying off!!

Keep the Passion High, my friend from PA!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Hey, Dan, how are you doing, dude? The coppa was nice to see in the hole. That green disc can get a man pumped! :D

I hope you are still striking the wilvers, my friend from SoCal!

Keep sweeping!

Kirk

ModernMiner said:
Kirk,
I saw your uncles post and now this. Fantastic job guys!!! Now that you guys are coming out of a looooong winter, I'm sure we'll be seeing more great finds, like this one, real soon.
Kyle and his research talents are amazing. He should start a research business for others. He's a real asset to your team.
Congrats on a nice old coppa Kirk! :wink:
-MM-

Dooooug,

What's up? CSZ gets on a roll a lot! We all love our Analog machines and we probably will never change. LOL This site is actually the 1st research site this year we have hit. The other sites have been back-ups. :wink:

Zoy does have some research talents. He takes pride in KNOWING what was there before we hit it hard! We all make a great team...Zeus and zoyboy secure permission, while I supply the gas money for the trip. :D

Keep the passion high, my friend!

Kirk

civilman1 said:
I'm sorry it took you this long in the year Kirk.....I guess the delivery start's today!.Congrat's on the first of the year.....Research is the key to Everything.

Thanks for the reply, bud. I started off this year just like I did last year...last year at this time I only had a half real and a NJ coppa. :D This is actually my 1st coin of the year. Indeed, quality over quantity! :D :)

Keep the passion high!

Kirk

SMS88 said:
Congratulations on your first 'coppa' for 2008. You guys are off to a great start this year!

Thanks, bud, you are, too. :) We have some good sites in mind for later in the year. Heck, it is only March. We still have until January to find some more! :D

Keep the passion high!

Kirk :thumbsup: :coffee2:

Digginman said:
Really nice Old Coppa, Kirk. Lots of hard work in that one, you guys deserve it.

DM

Thanks for the reply. It was a great day for finding the old coppas! :wink: :D

Kirk

YO KIRK, YOUR COPPA COUNT STARTS TODAY BRO. YES KYLE HAS SOME GREAT TALENT IN THE RESEARCH DEPT. GREAT LOOKING FIND MY MAN........PACO

PACO said:
YO KIRK, YOUR COPPA COUNT STARTS TODAY BRO. YES KYLE HAS SOME GREAT TALENT IN THE RESEARCH DEPT. GREAT LOOKING FIND MY MAN........PACO

Thanks, Paco, for the reply! It was nice to see that green disc in the hole!

Keep striking it rich at the Colonial farm! :)

Kirk

P.S. Did you hit that site again?

What a day CAP'N I can't remember the last time that i had such a good detecting experience. Everything came together. Weather,great detecting partners,excellent site,great recoveries.We had some serious fun joking and datecting. You found a beautiful largecent. The detail is pretty good also.I can't wait for the next site. Keep the passion high looney.
Uncle Zeus

Colonial Silver Zeus said:
What a day CAP'N I can't remember the last time that i had such a good detecting experience. Everything came together. Weather,great detecting partners,excellent site,great recoveries.We had some serious fun joking and datecting. You found a beautiful largecent. The detail is pretty good also.I can't wait for the next site. Keep the passion high looney.
Uncle Zeus

Zeus,

It was a great day! We must keep sweeping with the passion!

By the way, maybe we should take up a new hobby. OOOOOF :D

Kirk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back