Season finale of Superstition Mountains show....

Julia and partners , reached at some point in their research , the Bull Pass trail . Maybe they were lured by the Palomino mountain which its name is similar to a clue Waltz gave to Julia .
There in the Superstitions , are many places which have included a " horse " word .The irony is how the real deal hasn't a " horse " name attached to it on a topo map , but only is depicted and named in the stone map .

why did she camp at the main mountain?.....probably because she was a total greenhorn and didn't know her rump from a hole in the ground..think about it mick...back then there were no road signs...no markers..most of the places were named by individuals and only they knew the location...we now have road signs and trail markers every where...if you took your average woman and tried to give here directions to find a mine in the superstition wilderness...she probably wouldn't even be able to find the mountain..lol...think about it mick :icon_thumleft:

Hi Dave,

Hope all is well with you and your family,

On her first trip into the range, there was only Julia and Rhiney. Perhaps they were following the directions given to Bicknell, in which case they were doing fairly well. After all, those directions likely came from Julia or Rhiney.......or both.:dontknow: Why did, eventually, Brownie start his most thorough search from the main mountain? Why did Ruth begin his search from the area just below the main mountain? Why do the Stone Maps go right through that area? Why is Harry's cave of gold bars in that area?

Take care,

Joe

Hi Dave,

Hope all is well with you and your family,

On her first trip into the range, there was only Julia and Rhiney. Perhaps they were following the directions given to Bicknell, in which case they were doing fairly well. After all, those directions likely came from Julia or Rhiney.......or both.:dontknow: Why did, eventually, Brownie start his most thorough search from the main mountain? Why did Ruth begin his search from the area just below the main mountain? Why do the Stone Maps go right through that area? Why is Harry's cave of gold bars in that area?

Take care,

Joe

It does seam to be a main start point, For the Old Timers I would say. But the new wave sure like to spread the Bulldog Do-do

Wrmickel1

I don't think the show is going to find much at all, Its all about the exploits of the guys to make a show, sorry to burst the bubble of you believers of the legend. Its just not going to be in this show! what is interesting though is the hints of signs and topography the guys see and don't tell here, saving for later maybe? Got to make the series though! Its still makes good TV, I would have done it given the chance. LOL! Beautiful country there even though its hot. Its all in the thrill of the hunt-that's why we are all on T-Net and the guys on the show are just like all of us..Maybe after the show we'll find out what they really learned on their fact finding adventure!!!!

JrMack

Well said; "They're just like all of us", which I would agree with 💯%. This is what everyone here on TN should understand. As much as the series "seemed" fake - I don't believe it really was per say. I've come from the Film Industry and I will admit - production companies want a particular narrative for ratings, but these guys really ARE the real thing. These guys live in this area (Wayne, Frank and Woody) and their drive to find answers are very real. In watching Wayne's videos, as the series continued privately, Wayne explained a lot about what was going on during the series and what the production company did - that didn't sit well with the group involved. They themselves were not happy about certain elements of the show and how it was edited.

With regards to the cross found, again I don't think things were "faked" just for ratings. We now know, the cross was removed by someone after the fact - and the group really has no idea who did it and they were not happy about the result of said missing cross. I also don't believe the wall holding the cross was a built up wall by someone. I think it was a given - that the wall wasn't a walled in seal, intentionally trying to hide something. I get it though, its difficult to see through the production company's "fog of entertainment" and still believe things ARE NOT intentionally placed for a discovery on film. The film industry really does want to give the viewer a perspective that can be considered real, but for the sake of the show - production companies will recreate an incident that they were not privy to film - which can make what you're watching seem fake.

This small group of guys are just that, a small group of guys - just like us. They're curious and intrigued by all the legends that have transpired throughout the last 140 years and I believe Wayne and the gang want to solve some of these legends that, have eluded so many for so long.

As for the things they may be "hiding" or not "sharing" with, shouldn't be a surprise. I find most here on TN, refuse to share their inner secrets of things they've discovered or have come upon during their researching of specific areas within the Supes. Many here can sit at their monitors and point out this and that - but you have to ask; are they themselves out there, pushing through the environment - overcoming obstacles, risking their lives in order to solve these legends like Wayne, Frank and Woody?

Personally, I plan on going out there and meeting up with Wayne. There, I can make my own decision as to - are these guys the real thing or not. I'm one to believe, that these guys though they may seem strange in their ways (who isn't), are in fact honest treasure hunters that, love to explore and discover our historical past and what it comprised of. There is so much disinformation out there, it makes things difficult to sort out what's clearly and historically correct and what's just put in for dramatic story telling.

I wonder if people realize, those that were on the show - roam this site and can see the disappointment of others.

-SpartanOC

They aren't bozos - they are just sell-outs to the production company because they were unsuccessful in their ventures in the Superstition Mountains. Have to make all the money they spend on dousing rods and metal detectors back somehow!

I am new here as well, but you will find many members that will defend the actions of their buddies (some of the actors are members here).

I agree with your post, wholeheartedly
RMG1976

Wayne and the others ARE NOT actors. You need to do more homework on who they are. As for what they wear - I will agree with you, that having the right gear is necessary, but those who live in that area, don't feel they need as much equipment as most of us feel we do. Wayne even explained why he wears what he wears, in recent episodes and I tend to agree with his reasoning. As for me, I am equipped with as much gear as I can carry. I explore the San Gabriel Mountains/River on the weekends (I have a full time job during the week, as I am not retired), carrying a 60lbs tactical pack - with the proper clothing that can withstand most anything out there. I try and prepare for almost anything that could occur out in the Wilderness, but I do that - for the simple reasons - being I don't know or are aware of every element of said Mountain. The riskiest element out here are mountain lions - which are prevalent in the canyons, mountains and surrounding suburban housing.

Now, with all that said; I am not an actor, nor do I know these guys personally, but I do feel they're legit in their ventures and I hope to meet up with these guys (I might have that opportunity this October). I too want to solve what's been a mystery for so long and I'm willing to work with the group - or at the very least assist in their discoveries.

-SpartanOC

OH MY GOD!
I know everybody involved, and I was in the pilot.

Wayne, Frank, and Woody are real. Wayne and Frank are more the Dutch Hunters, and Woody is a Gold Panner. Still friends to this day.

The production company did some sketchy crap (Fake Jesuit Symbol in the cave, Medicine Wheel, etcetcetc). But that's TV. All ANYBODY has to remember about those shows is that if they have a camera crew, those crewmembers are UNION. They have to have breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They can only be on site for so many hours a day, and a ton of other restrictions.

Buuuuuut, anybody that that wants to search for a treasure based on a TV Show needs to reassess.

Mike

One of my all time favorites was a show about The Lost Ship of the Desert down in Laguna Salada. The guys said they had been out there for days ............... STREET SHOES and NO CANTEENS.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back