Both sides of Stone Maps Argument

Dave,
Had I not seen the research that I saw, you definitely would be preaching to the choir.:icon_thumright::hello2::icon_thumleft:
Don't write it off yet.
If it helps, I really do not think the maps started off on stones, and I believe that whoever made the stone versions should get an A for accuracy.
Is there treasure at the end? Great question.
Are the maps real? When something shows how to get somewhere and shows what the destination is to look like, and when you follow it and it takes you a destination that is what is shown on the map; then I think that qualifies as a real map. It does not matter if it was duplicated or not.

All I can say is . . . . if and when the research/evidence is made public, you might want to look at it.
Sincerely,
Idaho Dutch
dutch..i'll look at the treasure when its found..lol...i've already looked at all the research:laughing7:

dutch..i'll look at the treasure when its found..lol...i've already looked at all the research:laughing7:

:occasion14: As I was reading an earlier post of yours, I was expecting it to be right after the bolded part below. I still liked how you finished the statement though :headbang:

dutch...i've been here a long time and talked to alot of guys that had the maps all figured out.....i might have given them the benefit of the doubt except for one thing...everyone of them had a different area and they made the maps fit where they were searching...if the maps would have led all of them to one area it might be more believable...you can take those maps and without too much trouble make them fit any area you want

so you were with ryan when he was there?

He wrote all about it on the other forum, and it is there for you to read. He also talks about it in his videos.

RG may have falsified the ending to his grand story, but he did not falsify this portion as the family was also monitoring the forums after RG told them about it. They would have forced him to retract or take down any false information, especially concerning the family.

The fact is, and as RG pointed out several times, the family was not interested in, nor knowledgeable about Travis Tumlinson until RG came along and kicked the hornet's nest. This includes the nephew.

they may not have been carved to dupe anyone...that thought may have came later...he may have just wanted to do some artwork...

You do realize that Travis lived in Hood River, Oregon?

If he wanted to have fun or to mislead someone, why do it in a place some 1,300 miles from where he lived? And why did he repeatedly return to this place over the course of 15 plus years, even as his health was beginning to fail him?

it is rumored travis used other maps as models to carve the doorstops

Bingo! The "other maps" allegedly came down from grandpa, who was known to have been some sort of player back in the day. When you winnow off the chaff in this saga, Pegleg and his information become the primary focus of interest, IMO. Let's see his maps.

Travis? He seems to have been a guy who grabbed a tiger by the tail and wasn't able to control it. His legacy is the collection of carved stone replicas in the museum that possibly contain some proprietary information, or maybe more likely were created to have been intentionally misleading since their "discovery".

If he wanted to have fun or to mislead someone, why do it in a place some 1,300 miles from where he lived? And why did he repeatedly return to this place over the course of 15 plus years, even as his health was beginning to fail him?

He may have had what he considered some sort of bona fide information from grandpa that he was obsessed with but was unable to solve. Situations like that can spur erratic behavior, compounded by years of frustration. We've all likely met others with similar obsessions.

He wrote all about it on the other forum, and it is there for you to read. He also talks about it in his videos.

RG may have falsified the ending to his grand story, but he did not falsify this portion as the family was also monitoring the forums after RG told them about it. They would have forced him to retract or take down any false information, especially concerning the family.

The fact is, and as RG pointed out several times, the family was not interested in, nor knowledgeable about Travis Tumlinson until RG came along and kicked the hornet's nest. This includes the nephew.
all you really know is what rg told you then?:icon_scratch:

if you are trying to get in travis's head then you will be at it a long time.....you will most likely never know what went on in his head when he faked those maps...the only thing for sure is he did fake them....there is something else you never want to talk about...there were a couple other people that went to texas with rg...you were only told what rg felt like telling you:laughing7:

Roy and Dave,

Let us assume for a moment that Travis Tumlinson did carve those Stone Maps.

The question is why? For what purpose?

Simplest explanation of all - for the same reason why he carved the 'Galleon' stone, or the carving on the chimney of the house.

He liked to do it.

Amen to what Dave posted as well, if these stone maps are the genuine article, then why does it seem that they are leading every seeker to a different spot? They are vague enough that you can fit them to quite a few different places, some not even in AZ. Shouldn't they be leading every seeker to the same exact spot, or very nearly so?

I won't try to crush anyone's dream, if you believe in them or anyone else for that matter, please by all means do use them for your quest. I wish you the best of luck and hope you will return here and make me 'eat my words' - I would be quite happy to be the first to congratulate you. That said, I do hope that anyone considering using the stone maps as a guide to treasure, will keep in mind that it is quite possible they don't lead you to anything. And go prepared for the desert, don't end up another exercise for search and rescue.

Please do continue;

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Simplest explanation of all - for the same reason why he carved the 'Galleon' stone, or the carving on the chimney of the house.

He liked to do it.

Amen to what Dave posted as well, if these stone maps are the genuine article, then why does it seem that they are leading every seeker to a different spot? They are vague enough that you can fit them to quite a few different places, some not even in AZ. Shouldn't they be leading every seeker to the same exact spot, or very nearly so?

I won't try to crush anyone's dream, if you believe in them or anyone else for that matter, please by all means do use them for your quest. I wish you the best of luck and hope you will return here and make me 'eat my words' - I would be quite happy to be the first to congratulate you. That said, I do hope that anyone considering using the stone maps as a guide to treasure, will keep in mind that it is quite possible they don't lead you to anything. And go prepared for the desert, don't end up another exercise for search and rescue.

Please do continue;

there are a few maps floating around that everyone kind of agrees as to the spot they point to such as the fish map....but in reality the doorstops aren't a map...they are a cryptic puzzle...and if you go back in history most of these cryptic puzzles are a cruel joke and have never led to anything except death and injury
and you are definitely correct about some of these guys having to be rescued or their bodies hauled out of the mountains....our search and rescue people are volunteers and don't relish the thought of searching for a knothead in the supers in 115 degree weather

our search and rescue people are volunteers and don't relish the thought of searching for a knothead in the supers in 115 degree weather
Another reason why information pertaining to a solution should not be posted on an open forum.

all you really know is what rg told you then?:icon_scratch:

Nope. I don't put all my eggs in one basket, i.e., rely on one testimony. This field is full of deception, so the more sources you have, the better.

if you are trying to get in travis's head then you will be at it a long time.....you will most likely never know what went on in his head when he faked those maps...the only thing for sure is he did fake them....there is something else you never want to talk about...there were a couple other people that went to texas with rg...you were only told what rg felt like telling you:laughing7:

RG didn't tell me anything.

He liked to do it.

Please do continue;

If it was something that he liked to do, then why did he and his uncle, Robert Tumlinson have a nasty falling out over the Stone Maps?

The falling out was so bad that Robert didn't know Travis had died until the FBI came to interview him in 1965 over the fallout with Mitchell/MOEN inc. IIRC.

Robert Tumlinson himself convinced his landlord, Dr. Gene Davis, in 1956 to finance several personal trips to the Superstitions. Why?

Thank you in advance.

i guess you should have spent the money and went to texas before rg...maybe you could have done a better job:icon_scratch:

As I've said many times, my only interest in Texas would have been to find out how exactly the H/P stone came into the family's possession- and in that regard, I highly doubt I would have gotten much more out of them than RG did. He himself said that the family still remains divided over what Travis Tumlinson did or did not do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back