Both sides of Stone Maps Argument

As I've said many times, my only interest in Texas would have been to find out how exactly the H/P stone came into the family's possession- and in that regard, I highly doubt I would have gotten much more out of them than RG did. He himself said that the family still remains divided over what Travis Tumlinson did or did not do.
lol...you weren't given information...you were FED information...to really know what happened in texas you would have had to been there..and you weren't...so if you want to keep kidding yourself that you know everything they found out then no skin off my nose...:dontknow:

Question, not just for Roy or Dave, but for anyone if they want to attempt an answer.

Below is a picture of the back of the lower trail map.

if Travis Tumlinson faked the Stone Maps for fun or to "throw off the competition" why did he bother drilling or creating hundred of dimples on the back? What purpose does that serve?

Also why the word "DON"? and why upside down?

DON.jpeg

lol...you weren't given information...you were FED information...to really know what happened in texas you would have had to been there..and you weren't...so if you want to keep kidding yourself that you know everything they found out then no skin off my nose...:dontknow:

Read what I posted, again, and carefully. Nowhere did I state that I know "everything" that happened in Texas, nor do I want to. Again, I would just want to know how the Stone Maps came into the family, and where it came from.

Even RG himself admitted that he didn't know everything.

Question, not just for Roy or Dave, but for anyone if they want to attempt an answer.

if Travis Tumlinson faked the Stone Maps for fun or to "throw off the competition" why did he bother drilling or creating hundred of dimples on the back? What purpose does that serve?

View attachment 1793782
maybe the dimples are natural from being out in the rain....don upside down?...maybe he suffered from dyslexia:laughing7:
you would have to ask travis these questions

Read what I posted, again, and carefully. Nowhere did I state that I know "everything" that happened in Texas, nor do I want to. Again, I would just want to know how the Stone Maps came into the family, and where it came from.

Even RG himself admitted that he didn't know everything.
read what you just typed very carefully and you will have your answer

View attachment 1793782
ok arthur..here's a freebie...i have friends that are engravers and carvers...they do alot of carvings out of onyx..marble..sandstone..travertine..etc...they use hci to etch the surface...my guess is travis tried to age the stone with an acid bath and he went overboard with the acid...done it myself before...all these tiny details you obsess over are easily explained ...

ok arthur..here's a freebie...i have friends that are engravers and carvers...they do alot of carvings out of onyx..marble..sandstone..travertine..etc...they use hci to etch the surface...my guess is travis tried to age the stone with an acid bath and he went overboard with the acid...done it myself before...all these tiny details you obsess over are easily explained ...

So he forgot to do the same to the back of the upper trail map? How come he didn't do this to any of the other stones?

Again, what's the point?

So he forgot to do the same to the back of the upper trail map? How come he didn't do this to any of the other stones?

Again, what's the point?
probably because he almost ruined the don stone with acid and didn't want to ruin the others....like i said ..all these things you want to know are just common sense....lol..come on arthur...you are supposed to be the deducer..if i have to do all the deducing for you ..you will have to find another screen name:laughing7:

read what you just typed very carefully and you will have your answer

No, I'm not going to. What's going to happen as it always has in the past, is that I'll call your bluff and then you'll hastily backtrack and claim you can't share information, like when you refused to post any of the "plenty of evidence" that you claimed to have, that the Stone Maps are fake.

probably because he almost ruined the don stone with acid and didn't want to ruin the others....like i said ..all these things you want to know are just common sense....lol..come on arthur...you are supposed to be the deducer..if i have to do all the deducing for you ..you will have to find another screen name:laughing7:

You are just grasping at straws.

First, let's assume Travis knew anything about chemistry, even though there is absolutely no record of him fooling around with chemicals.

Surely, like any competent chemist, he would be smart enough to test on samples?

No, I'm not going to. What's going to happen as it always has in the past, is that I'll call your bluff and then you'll hastily backtrack and claim you can't share information, like when you refused to post any of the "plenty of evidence" that you claimed to have, that the Stone Maps are fake.
arthur...you always throw a tantrum when you ask for info and someone says they aren't at liberty to post it...then you try to bully us into posting ...anytime anyone asks me for anything here i will always post it..unless i'm bound otherwise not to...as in this case...the answers to the questions you seek are in texas ...you have said that rg bungled the deal in texas ...you know the old saying...if you want anything done right you have to do it yourself...just jump in your car and head down there and get the job done...we'll wait right here.. let us know how you do...:occasion14:

arthur...you always throw a tantrum when you ask for info and someone says they aren't at liberty to post it...then you try to bully us into posting ...anytime anyone asks me for anything here i will always post it..unless i'm bound otherwise not to...as in this case...the answers to the questions you seek are in texas ...you have said that rg bungled the deal in texas ...you know the old saying...if you want anything done right you have to do it yourself...just jump in your car and head down there and get the job done...we'll wait right here.. let us know how you do...:occasion14:

No. You claimed to have "plenty of evidence" that the Stone Maps were fake, and you were asked to back that statement up. You didn't.

Simple as that.

You are just grasping at straws.

First, let's assume Travis knew anything about chemistry, even though there is absolutely no record of him fooling around with chemicals.

Surely, like any competent chemist, he would be smart enough to test on samples?[/QUOTE

lol...you are the one grasping at straws...why would there be any record of him messing with chemicals?.and who said he was a competent chemist..anyway its not a dangerous chemical...its pool acid and you can buy it anywhere...

No. You claimed to have "plenty of evidence" that the Stone Maps were fake, and you were asked to back that statement up. You didn't.

Simple as that.
i have already provided enough evidence for any civilized human being to comprehend...if you still aren't getting it i'm not sure what to say:icon_scratch:

lol...you are the one grasping at straws...why would there be any record of him messing with chemicals?.and who said he was a competent chemist..anyway its not a dangerous chemical...its pool acid and you can buy it anywhere...

So his idea of fun was messing around with acid? Come on, Dave. I think you can do better than that.

i have already provided enough evidence for any civilized human being to comprehend...if you still aren't getting it i'm not sure what to say:icon_scratch:

Where? Why can't you simply link to it? It's very easy to do so.

Or at least summarize it.

So his idea of fun was messing around with acid? Come on, Dave. I think you can do better than that.
arthur...you need to pay attention to what is posted on this forum...you can call it messing with acid...or messing with chemicals...but the truth is that is common practice among artists and stone carvers to use acid...it is just a tool of their trade..i've watched my friend do it a few times...do your research before spouting off...you are supposed to be the deducer here:laughing7:

arthur...you need to pay attention to what is posted on this forum...you can call it messing with acid...or messing with chemicals...but the truth is that is common practice among artists and stone carvers to use acid...it is just a tool of their trade..i've watched my friend do it a few times...do your research before spouting off...you are supposed to be the deducer here:laughing7:

It's one thing to have fun carving stones, it's another to fool around with acid. You still haven't answered what for, and to what end? Why attempt to just age one stone and forget the rest?

If the Don side was an acid experiment gone wrong, why keep it? Could have just thrown it away because it looks different than the rest of the stones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back