Bering Sea Gold season 3 - 12/13/13

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, ep 1 is over.

* Emily has her own ship, Eroica. I thought it was supposed to be Eurotica. She took The Edge from Zeke in a deal they made but it needed a ton of work. An engine blew up and that set off more Emily drama.

* Her idiot dad has a skiff appropriately named Minnow. I guess that makes him Gilligan.

* Meisterheim is working for a Christine Rose clone, a ship with a backhoe, called Au Grabber. He's not the captain, he works for someone else for once. I can't remember the guy's name, except it was a very ethnic German name.

* Zeke made a late appearance and sounds like he's losing his mind. He said during the winter he didn't shower or change his clothes for 3 months. In addition to Bunce's death, another friend of his committed suicide. I think this kid is in trouble.

* There was another guy who built the underwater sluice, but he lost it. He claims it floated off on an iceberg. I wouldn't be surprised if it was stolen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
first thing hes thinking of is getting another boat, hmmmm.. what did einstien say about insanity,doing the same thing and expecting different results,this guy is in nome with a six inch, and his grand total is 9oz's, he could be sucking beach sands and done better in 4months!

Mr gold? Self imposed nicknames bug me. Granted he gets it but nicknames are given by others IMO.

At least Emily is finding gold. And that scene in the laundromat was hilarious. Meisterheim trying to get lucky and being denied.

Emily stole Vernon's crew :laughing7: Enjoyed the staged race of the barges........ not really Emily's dad seemed normal last night. (meds must have kicked in) Zeke's girl friend must see a different Zeke than what we see on tv. I think she could do way better. :tongue3: I suppose I'm caught up in the non reality of the reality. Saw where Ice cold gold starts this thursday on Animal Planet. Been following the mystery of Oak Island on History channel on Sundays and am a big fan. Saw where another gem show is coming out called "Game of Stones" Guess I'll become a couch potato...... Not GG~
curse of oak island is so awesome talk about a show that makes you hate the commercials

another Boring Episode :(

I see Lebaron, finally admitted to finding his Dragon.

Emily talking again & no Action.

No surprises with Steve, still , like Emily only there for the Camera

At least the Christine Rose & AU Grabber did some real Mining
between the attempts to add Drama/competition :(

I hate Competition BS

Last edited:
And that scene in the laundromat was hilarious.

I thought the idea was pure genius! Put a laundromat in a bar so people can buy your drinks while they wait on laundry. Pure genius!

Artic Gold: I appreciate your input, and obvious good attitude. I watch this program more for the comedy than anything else. I have no experience diving and dredging, so I watch for those "how it is done" parts of the show than the drama. Since I have run a dry washer, 2" dredge in small creeks, and a metal detector for gold, I do understand the basics of placer mining. I would like to see more from Chris's underwater dredge set up. The biggest disadvantage I can see is the weight of the dredge under water, as opposed to just the suction hose. I am soon to be 62 years old, but I would love nothing more than to come to Nome and work on a crew just for the knowledge and to have the experience. I appreciate that you presented a side of the local personality that is not being portrayed by Discovery.

first thing hes thinking of is getting another boat, hmmmm.. what did einstien say about insanity,doing the same thing and expecting different results,this guy is in nome with a six inch, and his grand total is 9oz's, he could be sucking beach sands and done better in 4months!
Well if that is what you have done all your life and you really like to do it… I can see his point in going back with another boat…….. I would do it my self….. I keep doing what i have done all my life .. And i have had some really bad times …….. but then i have had some really good times …….. And a few bad breaks would never stop me from doing what i like ……Life is not full of only good times ….. So all i can say to Steve is get another boat ……..

Oh Steve will get another boat, Discovery will make sure of it. Ditto Meisterheim.

I thought the idea was pure genius! Put a laundromat in a bar so people can buy your drinks while they wait on laundry. Pure genius!
Back when you could drink in college, they had those.

207714_319573611493919_516621516_n.jpg

cache_953989.jpg

Well if that is what you have done all your life and you really like to do it… I can see his point in going back with another boat…….. I would do it my self….. I keep doing what i have done all my life .. And i have had some really bad times …….. but then i have had some really good times …….. And a few bad breaks would never stop me from doing what i like ……Life is not full of only good times ….. So all i can say to Steve is get another boat ……..
i think you miss my point, this clown has obviously never gold mined his whole life, and the reason he is a failure isnt because of happenstance,bad luck, or his crew, it is because he does not put forth any work to become successfull,he can learn, but refuses, plain and simple he is there for the show and nothing more, you absolutely HAVE to prospect to locate gold, then you have to mine it, you cant just jump in the water and expect gold to jump in your box, and you cant send out idiots with your boat and expect them to get any gold, dosent happen, it is work and this guy doesn't qualify, not because he cant, because he will not do the work it takes. if you consistently fail, you must rethink what you know, then be willing to learn, and willing to do the work. case in piont,look at his daughter, she has no clue, but she is out there and trying, and she must be takeing her experiences and putting them to use, at least she is showing progress.

Why do some on these web sites … If there is something or someone they do not care for …. Call names like how they look or clowns or idiots … Some just like to run others down for some reason …. Then we sound like a bunch of school kids on these sites…………….. Instead of adults having a discussion………..

When people act like idiots and clowns, I don't know how else you are supposed to describe them. If you act like a hard worker, that's what you are. Sometimes the truth hurts but it's still the truth.

Why do some on these web sites … If there is something or someone they do not care for …. Call names like how they look or clowns or idiots … Some just like to run others down for some reason …. Then we sound like a bunch of school kids on these sites…………….. Instead of adults having a discussion………..
listen keppy,if anyone was to look through my posts ,i NEVER insult, or belittle anyone, but when i use the term clown or idiot, it is in reference to the light these fellows put themselves in, take the last episode, those two brothers went out with his rig, complaining the whole way out there that they were broke and somthing needed to change, and what did these fine gentelmen do? one complained of overburden ,to much overburden, then the other drags the one across the bottom, hmm... what would you call them, i call things as i see them!now if they were really serious about getting gold, they would take the necessary time to figure out where it is, or perhaps knowing their (captain) has no clue, they would take it upon themselves to get a clue, these guys are sitting on one of the best gold fields on the planet, and they will not do what it takes to get what they need,nope they would rather go out on someone elses marked spot who has done the work to have at least some measure of success , for them to get what they need , they would have to get out there and prospect then mark there own locations, that is what needs to be done, if you dont you might as well scratch lotto tickets, and there is nobody going to tell them where to find gold. so if you continualy act like an idiot, and always act like a clown, then thats exactly what you will get, clowns and idiots! sorry if i offend you, but if they gived a crap like they say they do, they would do what it takes.

I think it is more like giving a personal review of the Shows.
No different then Siskel and Ebert giving a review of a Movie they just saw.
Personal Opinions.

And as long as it's an opinion on a TV, Movie or Book Character
it's no different then someones opinion on Bieber or
Cyrus​

Now if they attacked a Member here,that is different.
Members are not putting themselves in the Spotlight for entertainment purposes.
at least most of us Aren't .

There seems to be some confusion in this world between someone being offensive and someone being easily offended. I try to be clear when I post. Never personal to anyone else posting but if you are going to play the fool on tv your fair game, and if it offends someone so be it.

if it acts like a duck,walks like a duck, then i am going to call it a duck, i actualy think that one of my virtues is empathy, i do try to put myself in anothers shoes before drawing conclusions on anybody, i think that this should be a required subject in public school, but i come to my conclusion on these FINE GENTELMEN when i see repeated disregard for there fellow miners out there trying to make there own living, the way they treat each other,when they continualy blame steve or anyone but themselves for their own complete failure,the complete disregard for there fellow work mates safety,to those that offer a defense to these guys , how do you feel about the way they highgrade, how they want to fight at the drop of a hat, how they could very well kill somebody they way they work, if i have to abide by common sense, common human values, then i also will hold them to the very same standard. i know this has to be put on, because if these guys were around any REAL MINERS, any real men, they would be quickly shown how to work, how you are to act with regards to another human being, so for those riding high on your horses wanting to slam me for speaking my mind ,for speaking common fn sense , no apologies! you want cry about a lil name calling, i can just imagine how you would cry if YOU had to work with these guys, when your air is malfunctioning, when one of them drags you across the bottom, i cant believe anyone would defend these FN CLOWNS AND IDIOTS1

I think it is more like giving a personal review of the Shows.
No different then Siskel and Ebert giving a review of a Movie they just saw.
Personal Opinions.

And as long as it's an opinion on a TV, Movie or Book Character
it's no different then someones opinion on Bieber or
Cyrus​

Now if they attacked a Member here,that is different.
Members are not putting themselves in the Spotlight for entertainment purposes.
at least most of us Aren't .

Jeff I believe it is in the Tnet rules that bieber cannot be mentioned in threads or posts. READ THE RULES DUDE!!

Since my attempt at being facetious in my above post (now deleted) may have been misinterpreted, please allow me to re-phrase.

"Idiots and Clowns would be offended by being compared to some of the characters on Bering sea gold." :tongue3:

*HINT (that means that some of the characters on Bering Sea Gold are so bad that even Idiots and Clowns would take offense at being compared to them)

Really now, that's funny :laughing7:
Except to be politically correct, the word "Idiots" should be changed to read "the mentallly challenged".

GG~

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back