Another plate of sorts and other goodies. ( Warning 29 pics!)

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine came into the shop yesterday. We got to talking about detecting and he said he thought it would be fun and would like to try it sometime. It just so happens that we both have Tuesdays off and I have a new AT Pro for him to use. He said he knew of an old house foundation in the woods and off we went. Upon approaching the site, there were several spring run offs and what looked to be remnants of an old spring house. We walked a little further and I could see this was gonna be a tough one. Not only was it foliage thick but I have never seen so many bottles and house ware pans and crockery scattered over such a huge area. It was immense. The previous owners must have done some serious drinking back in the day.

I gave my buddy a crash course on how to use the Garrett and Pro pointer and off we went. Tons of iron and bottle caps right of the bat and then about 5 minutes into it, I found the neat little piece with the dog and bird on it laying right on top of the ground. Then I got a good signal and out popped my best condition pocket watch yet. My buddy--finding tin roof pieces and nails. A few minutes after that I got a decent signal beside a tree and out came the neat little brass ring. It was completely flattened when I pulled it out but I was able to recurve it somewhat without breaking it. When you hold it up to the light, it looks like the Eye Of Sauron.

My buddy--still pulling iron even though I had him on the Standard coin setting.
I next pulled out another pocket watch face by itself and then the guts to, I think, a different one about 20 feet away. Good Lord, this place is full of pocket watches. Right after the separate watch face, I pulled out the cool little forties car. And after that, piece by piece in different holes, came the one side to the toy gun with DICK on the grip. Is this an old Dick Tracy toy gun?

The round ball is solid brass. I have no idea what it was but its heavy. Found an old razor in good shape as well as the face to an old hanging scale. It says CHATILLON'S IMPROVED SPRING BALANCED, NEW YORK, Pat. Jan 16, 1891 and Jan 26, 1892. Neat.
Also found the pewter spoon, and "whats it" brass piece, a two piece button, a decorative floral pattern copper lid, a saddle buckle a foot deep in the water beside the spring house foundation, and the decorative script half plate. This piece was just a folded piece of metal when I dug it. I'm glad I didn't chuck it as I had no idea it had anything on it until I washed it later and carefully unfolded it. Its very fragile and has the letter C on the end. I have no idea what the other letters might have been. It looks like it may have been someones monogram that attached to some luggage like a chest or something. Oddly, the only coin I found was a 1918 D Wheat penny. I thought for sure I would pull some silver out of there. I'll have to go back and try again soon.

My poor buddy didn't find anything of note beside a little button. I wanted him to find something good. He said he'd be willing to try it again though. I'll have to take him to a field where I know he'll find a civil war bullet or two. That'll hook him.

Attachments

• Anewday26.jpg
    Anewday26.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 392
  • Anewday27.jpg
    Anewday27.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 378
  • Anewday28.jpg
    Anewday28.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 386
  • Anewday18.jpg
    Anewday18.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 395
  • Anewday16.jpg
    Anewday16.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 379
  • Anewday17.jpg
    Anewday17.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 378
  • Anewday13.jpg
    Anewday13.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 381
  • Anewday6.jpg
    Anewday6.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 381
  • Anewday7.jpg
    Anewday7.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 398
  • Anewday8.jpg
    Anewday8.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 392
  • Anewday9.jpg
    Anewday9.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 391
  • Anewday10.jpg
    Anewday10.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 390
Upvote 0
more pics

Attachments

• Anewday2.jpg
    Anewday2.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 385
  • Anewday14.jpg
    Anewday14.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 379
  • Anewday20.jpg
    Anewday20.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 377
  • Anewday19.jpg
    Anewday19.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 384
  • Anewday25.jpg
    Anewday25.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 387
  • Anewday21.jpg
    Anewday21.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 403
  • Anewday22.jpg
    Anewday22.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 411
  • Anewday23.jpg
    Anewday23.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 409
  • Anewday1.jpg
    Anewday1.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 380
  • Anewday.jpg
    Anewday.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 379
  • Anewday12.jpg
    Anewday12.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 377
  • Anewday11.jpg
    Anewday11.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 383
One more of the little car

Attachments

• Anewday5.jpg
    Anewday5.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 513
That ring is flippin cool. Nice little bag of loot. :headbang:

Love that dog/bird relic! AND the ring...the car is super kewl too!

Nana :)

Killer finds , to bad that your friend did'nt score, keep after it theres gotta be silver there. HH

cool finds. I really like the car :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back