Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went for a little hunt today with a friend from the neighborhood. His 75th birthday and all he wanted was to go out and swing his detector.
We went to this little ghost town thats only 5 minutes from our houses. It's been beat to death by detectorists and bottle diggers but still gives up a thing or two once in a while.
Pulled my first ox knob!
22Oct2024 #1.jpeg
22Oct2024 #2.jpeg

Also got a mystery brass item (maybe a lock? :dontknow: ), a couple of pocket knife parts, a pocket watch mainspring gear, and a 1935 wheatie next to one of the bottle digger holes.
22Oct2024 #3.jpeg
22Oct2024 #4.jpeg
22Oct2024 #5.jpeg

My friend didn't find anything unfortunately, but was happy just to get out.
I felt bad for him so I bought him a nice lunch.

Upvote 7
Went for a little hunt today with a friend from the neighborhood. His 75th birthday and all he wanted was to go out and swing his detector.
We went to this little ghost town thats only 5 minutes from our houses. It's been beat to death by detectorists and bottle diggers but still gives up a thing or two once in a while.
Pulled my first ox knob!
View attachment 2175210View attachment 2175211

Also got a mystery brass item (maybe a lock? :dontknow: ), a couple of pocket knife parts, a pocket watch mainspring gear, and a 1935 wheatie next to one of the bottle digger holes.
View attachment 2175212View attachment 2175213View attachment 2175214

My friend didn't find anything unfortunately, but was happy just to get out.
I felt bad for him so I bought him a nice lunch.
looks fun and sounds yummy!

Nice hunt, l hate ox knobs as the ring up the same as coppers.

Getting a first is always a good day of digging.

Buying the him the 75th Birthday lunch was the best sharing of day.

You know what? it does not matter if your find anything at all? At the end of day your out there doing some thing escaping away from all troubles in world. And just with that your a lucky person in the world. Better to be doing some thing than just waiting for God. Cheer for buying your friend lunch.

Crow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back