$1,000,000 for anyone who can dowse.

JudyH said:
af1733 said:
JudyH said:
(something totally embarrassing...involving a cat)...am currently on heavy meds.. ;D.....( typing one handed so bear with me ).

Judy :P
Forgive my, Judy. I read your posts and couldn't resist the urge to delete a couple of sentences for my own personal enjoyment. ;D ;D ;D

Seriousy, cat-related injuries top the list this holiday season, right behind turkey basting mishaps. Are you okay? :-\

LMAO !!! :D :D :D

I'll never tell.... :-X. Well....ok....just for you AF. You see....it all started when the cat was basting the turkey.....
ROFLMAO!

[=Carl-]Curious, Isn't that the basic argument against dowsing?[/quote]

Is what the basic argument against dowsing?

Testing is secondary, so far seriously flawed.

You probably wouldn't say that if dowsing worked in those tests.- Carl
It may surprise you Carl but I actually have an open mind on most things, otherwise how can I ever advance my knowledge? The knowledge of the world is changing expotentially almost daily. One cannot stay static or chance being left behind. A closed mind guarantees this.

However, on dowsing, since I personally have done it successfully many times, I am obviously prejudiced. If we were discussing some of the many excellent electronic circuits that you have designed and they were being questioned, you would be also...

Yes, I know that they work, just as I know that know that dowsing works.

Tropical Tramp

Realde just for your info, the "/quote" when you quote a quote looks like it gets messed up for some reason. Anyway I noticed the issue for the first time and corrected it although you keep doing it over and over so before you post double check your quote tags :P

RealdeTayopa said:
If we were discussing some of the many excellent electronic circuits that you have designed and they were being questioned, you would be also...

Good analogy... my circuit designs can be independently examined, tested, duplicated, and critiqued by anyone who wishes to do so. And if it turned out they were just randomly connected components that really didn't do anything (like some of the LLADs I've looked at) then, you're right, people would question my circuit skills (and credibility) as well.

- Carl

=xupz link=
Realde just for your info, the "/quote" when you quote a quote looks like it gets messed up for some reason. Anyway I noticed the issue for the first time and corrected it although you keep doing it over and over so before you post double check your quote tags :P

Hi Love, you remind me of my poor overworked English teacher, she didn't succeed ether.

Tropical Tramp

[=Carl-NC ]
If we were discussing some of the many excellent electronic circuits that you have designed and they were being questioned, you would be also...
[/quote]

Good analogy... my circuit designs can be independently examined, tested, duplicated, and critiqued by anyone who wishes to do so. And if it turned out they were just randomly connected components that really didn't do anything (like some of the LLADs I've looked at) then, you're right, people would question my circuit skills (and credibility) as well.- Carl
HI my Friend Carl, agreed, so can dowsing, among other things, "IF" we had the proper measuring devices, we do not! Today we are in about the same status as Galvani would be regarding our latest electronic Nana/bio technology. In his wildest dreams he could not imagine it, nor could he even begin to imagine the instruments necessary to measure it.

We are essentially in the same situation, we are attempting to measure a very subtle energy force, one which we haven't even the slightest idea of what it consists of by applying a purely physical brute force unrelated measurement system.

We haven't the slightest logical idea on how to develop a suitable measuring system. Frankly it is ignorance or ego of a high degree, to continuously quote it over and over again. It does not do Justice to you Carl since you do have an excellent brain, I can understand swr and others being addicted to it, but. it does not indicate a progressive or open imaginative mind.

A tremendous work was done by Sir Jagadish Chandra Bose on using Plants as bio instruments to measure subtle energies. He also won the Nobel peace prize on his work in Electronics and physics, in fact he is credited in being the first to send intelligible data via micro waves in th 1800's.

I believe that they are now actively using bio-instruments to investigate telepathy, A fascinating allied Field field if one wishes to research it.

Tropical; Tramp

What's being discussed on here now ???

SWR said:
In all appearances, the above quote is Carl talking to Carl? PLEASE use proper TreasureNet protocol when quoting others. Going back over previous post to see who actually did ask the question, or make the quote is very annoying.

Happy SWR? I learned how to quote..."properly".

OK...Get your smart pencil out. I have perfect test. It is fair and honest.. In 42 years 1010 people have filed an application. Few have taken the pre-test. No one has ever passed the pre-test. No one has taken the final test except at Media Events. What are the odds that anyone will ever take the final test for real?...Art

aarthrj3811 said:
OK...Get your smart pencil out. I have perfect test. It is fair and honest.. In 42 years 1010 people have filed an application. Few have taken the pre-test. No one has ever passed the pre-test. No one has taken the final test except at Media Events. What are the odds that anyone will ever take the final test for real?...Art
Seriously, Art. No one is concerned with what dowsers haven't done. We're more interested in what they can't do.

I would have to say the odds that someone might take the final test is nil, because you would have to posses the skills to pass the pre-test first.

[SWR link=In all appearances, the above quote is Carl talking to Carl? PLEASE use proper TreasureNet protocol when quoting others. Going back over previous post to see who actually did ask the question, or make the quote is very annoying.

snicker, so is trying to read low contrast words in a blue background. Also if you can't separate the contents correctly hmmmm.

Tropical Tramp

[=af1733 linkSeriously, Art. No one is concerned with what dowsers haven't done. We're more interested in what they can't do.
Now this is what I would call a pre-prejudiced closed mind, one that can flatly state "there is no other life in the Universe since we cannot prove it, in fact all attempts to contact any so far have failed to provide any evidence of it's existence"..............................

Tropical Tramp

RealdeTayopa said:
[=af1733 linkSeriously, Art. No one is concerned with what dowsers haven't done. We're more interested in what they can't do.
Now this is what I would call a pre-prejudiced closed mind, one that can flatly state "there is no other life in the Universe since we cannot prove it, in fact all attempts to contact any so far have failed to provide any evidence of it's existence"..............................

Tropical Tramp
I was simply pointing out to Art that just because no one has passed the pre-test doesn't mean it's rigged. That would be an example of a prejudiced, closed mind. ;)

af1733...........I just ask what the odds were that anyone one will ever take the the test for the $1,000,000 using real numbers and facts...Art

aarthrj3811 said:
af1733...........I just ask what the odds were that anyone one will ever take the the test for the $1,000,000 using real numbers and facts...Art
And I answered you, Art. Read the dang posts for once, why don't you??
af1733 said:
aarthrj3811 said:
I would have to say the odds that someone might take the final test is nil, because you would have to posses the skills to pass the pre-test first.

Quote from: aarthrj3811 on Yesterday at 07:09:28 AM I would have to say the odds that someone might take the final test is nil, because you would have to posses the skills to pass the pre-test first

Re: $1,000,000 for anyone who can dowse.
« Reply #1012 on: Yesterday at 07:09:28 AM »

?????????????????????????????????????????????

aarthrj3811 said:
Quote from: aarthrj3811 on Yesterday at 07:09:28 AM I would have to say the odds that someone might take the final test is nil, because you would have to posses the skills to pass the pre-test first

Re: $1,000,000 for anyone who can dowse.
« Reply #1012 on: Yesterday at 07:09:28 AM »

?????????????????????????????????????????????
Wow, I really can't believe you would actually display yourself this way in a public forum, Art. Do you really not know what I'm saying, or are you just pretending not to understand?

You want to know what the odds are that someone will take the final test. I told you I believe those chances are nil. Zero? 0 in 1,000,000,000 etc, etc, etc? Not gonna happen? Stop me if I say something you actually comprehend...

Dell Winders said:
Art, af1733 is right. There is no basis for argument. The tests can't be passed with ordinary skill. Possibly, only with blind, dumb luck. That is how the tests are designed. Randi, statistics already show that. Dell
Of course the tests can't be passed with ordinary skill! Where's the challenge in that? I would call claiming to be able to find gold with coathangers and reading minds and speaking with the dead to be extraordinary skills, that's why they're allowed into the challenge.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back