$1,000,000 for anyone who can dowse.

Stop with the crybaby act. No untrue statements were made. James Randi said "Winders won’t even apply, though hundreds of other dowsers have…" in an email to me. That is the truth.

Gee SWR....We have your word about the E-Mail......We also have Randi's words..'I am a charlatan, a liar, a thief and a fake altogether.' Confusing isn't it...Art

HI, For those that are possibly wondering how I can spend so much time in this group of threads, it is simple. I am writing two boosk and have to sit at this *()&*( computer for up to 18 hs daily. I need a break and some of the anti statements, and to be honest, some of the dowsers, give me the relaxing / unwindng session of humor that I need.,

Tropical Tramp

RealdeTayopa said:
See above post swr, why apply for something that no-one can pass due to their protective cover. Even if Dell hit 100% in the screening test , he would never be allowed to take the final one due to exclusions and excuses.

Tropical Tramp
Do you have proof of this statement, Realde?

Dell Winders said:
Until the Skeptic group conducts suffecient appropriate research of their own, on both subjects, they will continue to remain in denial and fail to accept the fact that "WHAT HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE, CAN BE DONE" Dell
Well, both you and Art say that you pass your own self-administered double blind tests with flying colors, so you should be able to do it in Randi and Carl's tests as well, right?

Hey Dell...I don't know why they still want to talk about Randi. Every thing they have told us about his great challenge has been shot full of holes. I guess it is hard for them when their hero gets expose for what he is, using his own words. We have a great new year upon us so I give you my best wishes.....Art

Dell Winders said:
WRONG! Can you?? Dell
So, you haven't been passing your own self-administered double blind tests? Actually, I just found Art has been using a very lax protocol in his testing, so I'll just ask you. If you've done it before, then you should be able to do it again, right?

And...can I what? What was your question?

Can I pass my own self-administered double blind test? What should I be testing for?

Can I pass Randi and Carl's tests? I don't claim to have abilities they allow into their challenges.

[af1733 author=RealdeTayopa link=topic=42746.msg461715#msg461715 date=1168205302]
See above post swr, why apply for something that no-one can pass due to their protective cover. Even if Dell hit 100% in the screening test , he would never be allowed to take the final one due to exclusions and excuses. Tropical Tramp
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Do you have proof of this statement, Realde?
Can you prove otherwise?

Can you honestly give me a single reason why they would go self detruct?

Tropical Tramp

They can't re-neg on an offer once the testing process has begun. The pre-tests are viewed by many different individuals, contracts are signed, and the testing is often recorded, and there would be liability and lawsuits galore if an individual passed the pre-test then was denied access to the $1,000,000 final challenge, especially with so many witnesses. This would cause them much more harm then actually awarding the million to someone.

aarthrj3811 said:
Hey Dell...I don't know why they still want to talk about Randi. Every thing they have told us about his great challenge has been shot full of holes. I guess it is hard for them when their hero gets expose for what he is, using his own words. We have a great new year upon us so I give you my best wishes.....Art

1. This is a thread about the Randi challenge. Anyone posting to this thread therefore DOES want to talk about Randi.

2. What holes? All that has been said against the Randi challenge is merely hearsay!

3. "Expose[d] for what he is, using his own words" -- Huh? All the anti-Randi folks here have done is TWIST Randi's words to try to say what they want them to say.

The facts are plain: If you can dowse, and dowse repeatedly, and do so under a "test environment" then you can apply for the challenge. The money is there, held in escrow. There are numerous legal documents that ensure if someone can pass the challenge they WILL get the money.

No one has passed the challenge merely because no one has passed the preliminary test. As has been stated, there are numerous legally binding ties that ensure, should someone actually PASS the preliminary test, their claim will go forward.

If you don't feel you can pass the test, or don't want to even try, then you've already made your point. Step off the soapbox and let someone else step up.

=SWR link different terms for dowsing. Mental, Physical, Absent and so forth. It is only a sales gimmick to increase revenue.
assuming that it DID EXIST what would "you' call it besides pseudo-science?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If, by some slim chance, that this mumbo-jumbo had any validity to it, you could easily look these terms up in a RealBook…some-how-some-where
Funny , but I cannot find anything in my 1950's Radio and engineering book on Magnetic Resonance Imaging??

Tropical Tramp

The average Joe that bends a coat hanger into an L-Rod and starts looking for buried treasure, power or sewer lines have no clue about any mental or physical mumbo-jumbo. All they know is the rods are supposed to cross when standing over the target.

If, by some slim chance, that this mumbo-jumbo had any validity to it, you could easily look these terms up in a RealBook…some-how-some-where

How come average Joe can find his power and sewer lines....End of story

[af1733
They can't re-neg on an offer once the testing process has begun. The pre-tests are viewed by many different individuals,
Who are these individuals?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
contracts are signed, and the testing is often recorded, and there would be liability and lawsuits galore if an individual passed the pre-test then was denied access to the $1,000,000 final challenge*
From what I have seen They are composed of people dedicated to proving that dowsing does not exist? With the various clauses this can easily be administrated and interpreted in a way that no one can pass Are the contracts signed before or after the tests?
I have questioned myself, what do they stand to gain if some one were to pass this test? I can see no way that it could, even by the wildest imagination, be of any benefit or good for them.

On the contrary, they would supposedly lose $1,000,000 , their credibility, their program, the foundation and who knows how many frivolous law suites by others that had supposedly been disqualified by a technicality

In all honesty, I just cannot see them setting up a test withot the ability to cancell a potentially successful candidate through a technicality or clause.. Can You??

Tropical Tramp

Very good Realde.....If the odds of probility are set at 1 in 1000 for the pre-test. Why then would they go to 1 in 1,000,000 unless someone has a very smart pencil....These are Randi's words not mine. The odds given on this forum prove that Randi's test is un winable...Art

RealdeTayopa said:
[af1733
They can't re-neg on an offer once the testing process has begun. The pre-tests are viewed by many different individuals,
Who are these individuals?
A number of skeptics, anyone the participant chooses to bring with him, and both Randi and Carl have stated that reporters and news photographers are welcome to witness the proceedings. Of course, if you choose to accept the challenge, then you can bring alone whomever you think is necessary to be a witness as well.
RealdeTayopa said:
[af1733
contracts are signed, and the testing is often recorded, and there would be liability and lawsuits galore if an individual passed the pre-test then was denied access to the $1,000,000 final challenge*
From what I have seen They are composed of people dedicated to proving that dowsing does not exist? With the various clauses this can easily be administrated and interpreted in a way that no one can pass Are the contracts signed before or after the tests?
And what are these clauses, Realde? Can you produce them, or do you just imagine they exist?
RealdeTayopa said:
I have questioned myself, what do they stand to gain if some one were to pass this test? I can see no way that it could, even by the wildest imagination, be of any benefit or good for them.

On the contrary, they would supposedly lose $1,000,000 , their credibility, their program, the foundation and who knows how many frivolous law suites by others that had supposedly been disqualified by a technicality

In all honesty, I just cannot see them setting up a test withot the ability to cancell a potentially successful candidate through a technicality or clause.. Can You??

Tropical Tramp
The JREF is a skeptic organization, Realde. I thought you understood this...
They are convinced that dowsing will not work, nor will mind reading or telekinesis or telepathy.
Since they are convinced of this, they are not worried about the challenge money. I'm sure they will be as shocked as I if someone actually passes the challenge.

So let me ask you something. Where are all these people that have qualified for the $1,000,000 challenge but were denied entry? Do you have names and dates and pre-test results or news clippings or anything at all? Or is it just another erroneous assumption on something you have no knowledge of?

I haven't witnessed a test by Randi, but it's obvious you haven't seen one in a while yourself, Dell. Randi doesn't attend the tests anymore.

Just ask him. A participant can have whomever he wants attend the testing, but it's obvious why none of them can watch the hiding of the target.

=af1733][
TT In all honesty, I just cannot see them setting up a test withot the ability to cancell a potentially successful candidate through a technicality or clause.. Can You??
Nothing has changed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
they are not worried about the challenge money. I'm sure they will be as shocked as I if someone actually passes the challenge.
I have no doubt about this, since it is set up so that no potentially successful candidate is allowed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

are also let me ask you something. Do you have names and dates and pre-test results or news clippings or anything at all?
Do you?

Or is it just another erroneous assumption on something you have no knowledge of?
I see that we are alike my friend, neither of us has, however, I still remain by my original statement, What in your wildest imagination do they have to gain if someone actually passed their test?

They may be mistaken in their convictions, but they certainly are not fools, so they have saving clauses and conditions as a possible backup.

" So for propaganda purposes, we will let a few obviously faulted testers try, knowing that they will fail." My imagined statement from them.

Tropical Tramp

Just ask him. A participant can have whomever he wants attend the testing, but it's obvious why none of them can watch the hiding of the target.
After reading Randi's web site and other material on this forum it is my opinion that af is GUESSING HOW RANDI'S TEST operates.....Are these real guesses or are they backed up by math....Art

RealdeTayopa said:
I see that we are alike my friend, neither of us has, however, I still remain by my original statement, What in your wildest imagination do they have to gain if someone actually passed their test?

They may be mistaken in their convictions, but they certainly are not fools, so they have saving clauses and conditions as a possible backup.

" So for propaganda purposes, we will let a few obviously faulted testers try, knowing that they will fail." My imagined statement from them.

Tropical Tramp
It's simple, really. The only requisites for passing the pre-test are that the cantidate propose a testing protocol that will produce measurable results, that those results can be shown to be significantly greater than the results of guessing in the same protocol, and then that the cantidate be able to actually produce the results they claim.

That's all there is to it. There are no other clauses that are automatically built in to the challenge. I haven't found any, and until you bother to look for yourself, you don't know of any either.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back