$1,000,000 for anyone who can dowse.

Dell Winders said:
AF1733, I see you are just full of excuses why you wouldn't accept my comparison challenge. That figures, all talk and you your guessing won't be as good as my dowsing.

Let's see if SWR has any excuses? Dell
Dell, I would expect more than this from you. You're trying to say that dowsing is better than guessing, right? Okay, I resign myself to the fact that if I point to two random spots in a 3.5 acre field, I won't be able to guess where a buried culvert is located, not that I ever claimed I could. Of course, I would ask you to dig this culvert up to prove me wrong after my guesses. Any map or schematic you produce would simply tell me that you had this knowledge aforehand, and we would get nowhere.
How about this? The next time I visit Florida, I'll let you take a gold ring and put it under one of five cups. I'll point out where I think it is, then we'll repeat this 10 times. Then we'll do the opposite, with me hiding the ring and you dowsing the cups. You can pick a person to record my results, and I'll pick someone to record yours.
Do you see the difference here? This will give us an equal chance to produce results that will be much more beneficial to provide an impromptu conclusion, with neither party having knowledge of any locations before the testing begins.

Can someone give me a low down on what the arguement here is so i dont have to read the whole 5 pages of this thread. Are the people in question saying that they can find treasure by dowsing or anything by dowsing?

jonnyrebel00 said:
Can someone give me a low down on what the arguement here is so i dont have to read the whole 5 pages of this thread. Are the people in question saying that they can find treasure by dowsing or anything by dowsing?
My argument here is that dowsing can't utilized in the way it's being presented to locate treasure (i.e. gold, silver, gems).
There are a couple of parties that are offering cash rewards for a dowser to prove that they can duplicate their claims under monitored and controlled conditions.
The 5 pages you see are the various arguments that dowsers offer for not taking the test and the resulting rebuttals.

Dell Winders said:
Lots of excuses from the clown. Any other skeptics want to try to prove your claim of being able to guess the location of a long time buried target against my Dowsing? Guessing the location in 3 acres may be too easy for you. Maybe buried within a 100 acre area would be more challenging for you?

I'm leaving next week to begin drilling for a vault and tunnels I dowsed in Alabama, and confirmed with Ground Resistivity images. So make up your mind if you want to prove your guessing claim, against my Dowsing under real conditions? Dell
And this is why no one takes dowsers seriously, Dell.

Who here has made the claim that they can guess the location of a buried culvert? It's been said that dowsing amounts to little more than guessing, but your test will provide incomplete information.

Let's try a little logic on you, although I have my doubts.

I'll get a city map and find an underground item similar to the one you claim to have located in a similar sized plot of land. Then I'll give you two guesses....sorry, dowsing estimates....to find it. If you find this to be a fair challenge of your claims, then let's have at it.

I can e-mail the map to you and you can dowse it right there in the comfort of your own home. According to you, this is a perfectly fair challenge.
In return, you send me your map and I'll try to guess the location. We'll compare results. ;)

How about it, Dell? Your dowsing against my guessing. We'll both have knowledge aforehand of the location of each other's targets.

If you dowse the location of my target, I'll publicly admit that dowsing is real and never visit a dowsing post again. If you fail, then you have to admit that you failed to pass a challenge you devised yourself.

If we both fail, then we'll post those results and let others draw their conclusions about dowsing vs. guessing.

Remember your own words, Dell...
Dell Winders said:
Any other skeptics want to try to prove your claim of being able to guess the location of a long time buried target against my Dowsing?

"Sooooo...you're saying you're skeptical that a person with prejudgements can dowse successfully?"

No, I'm telling you you can't. If you keep the mindset you have made for yourself. I've shown that if you place a penny on a map and are searching for gold (which I never do) and you tell yourself that penny is gold, you'll get a reaction. If you believe the whole thing is a scam and a waste of time, that is all you'll get...a waste of time

"Did I present it as a excuse for anything? Again with the assumptions...
I simply noted that I thought it was interesting that you would only point out the actions of non-dowsers."

Af, you presented your thoughts like an excuse...equivalent to the childish, "He started it!" argument.

"That's quite possibly the worst analogy you could have come up with, Sandy. I believe that a group of people that puts stake in a pair of bent coathangers to find treasure is delusional. Are you actually comparing that to insulting an entire race? Unless dowsers really are a race of their own.....other-worldly, perhaps. Here to share their technology from an advanced civilization?"

Did you miss out on English class or something? Making a stereotypical judgment would be CATEGORIZING A GROUP OF PEOPLE...like what you've done with dowsers...has nothing to do with race. The example I gave was quoted from an Alabaman politician.

And taking brain scans of a person while dowsing is a good idea. There have been very interesting studies done taking brain scans while is person is praying, meditating, etc...

Sandsted said:
"Sooooo...you're saying you're skeptical that a person with prejudgements can dowse successfully?"

No, I'm telling you you can't. If you keep the mindset you have made for yourself. I've shown that if you place a penny on a map and are searching for gold (which I never do) and you tell yourself that penny is gold, you'll get a reaction. If you believe the whole thing is a scam and a waste of time, that is all you'll get...a waste of time
Well, at least I know now that dowsing is a waste of my time. I feel better.
By the way, can you tell us how dowsing works? How thinking a penny is gold can let you locate gold on a map? I ate a hamburger last night, and I spent the whole time imagining it as a steak, but it was still just a burger in the end.
Sandsted said:
"Did I present it as a excuse for anything? Again with the assumptions...
I simply noted that I thought it was interesting that you would only point out the actions of non-dowsers."

Af, you presented your thoughts like an excuse...equivalent to the childish, "He started it!" argument.
I accept your apology.
Sandsted said:
Did you miss out on English class or something? Making a stereotypical judgment would be CATEGORIZING A GROUP OF PEOPLE...like what you've done with dowsers...has nothing to do with race. The example I gave was quoted from an Alabaman politician.
I never argued with your definition of stereotypical, Sandy. And are you presenting a stereotypical view of people from Alabama? ::)

What about my offer, Dell? ???

Remember, if order to compare to things (dowsing vs. guessing) you have to test them both. Your challenge only tests guessing against a known target. My offer to you completes the test as both guessing and dowsing are offered the same odds in comperable challenges.

And not just to Dell, but to anyone! Interested? I'm actually kind of excited by the idea myself. Little or no cost to perform, you don't have to leave your home to pull it off, and it's a nice informal test if you claim to be able to map dowse.
af1733 said:
I'll get a city map and find an underground item similar to the one you claim to have located in a similar sized plot of land. Then I'll give you two guesses....sorry, dowsing estimates....to find it. If you find this to be a fair challenge of your claims, then let's have at it.

I can e-mail the map to you and you can dowse it right there in the comfort of your own home. According to you, this is a perfectly fair challenge.
In return, you send me your map and I'll try to guess the location. We'll compare results. ;)

If you dowse the location of my target, I'll publicly admit that dowsing is real and never visit a dowsing post again. If you fail, then you have to admit that you failed to pass a challenge you devised yourself.

If we both fail, then we'll post those results and let others draw their conclusions about dowsing vs. guessing.

Does it have to be treasure? i know for a fact that i can find water lines that way. i dont know about treasure though. with water i think its something with the magnetic field. i dont know how it works i just know with water lines it does. as far as empty water lines or nonpressurized lines i dont think that would work either.

jonnyrebel00 said:
Does it have to be treasure? i know for a fact that i can find water lines that way. i dont know about treasure though. with water i think its something with the magnetic field. i dont know how it works i just know with water lines it does. as far as empty water lines or nonpressurized lines i dont think that would work either.
That's the thrust of a lot of the complaints about some dowser's claims; the ability to find treasure using dowsing.
Do you map dowse, or do you have to be present at the site to dowse for water?

Let see if I understand you. You will find a colvert or something in your city. You will then send me a map and I will have two changes to find the location. I will then pick a location from a map of my city and you will have two guess at locating an object. Is this your proposal?....Art

aarthrj3811 said:
Let see if I understand you. You will find a colvert or something in your city. You will then send me a map and I will have two changes to find the location. I will then pick a location from a map of my city and you will have two guess at locating an object. Is this your proposal?....Art
That's pretty much it. Basically, both you and I know the location of a buried item in a location that is unknown to the other. Not necessarily a culvert, but something along those lines. For example, I locate a filled cellar-hole that I can pinpoint on a 3-acre map, and you know the location of a cave entrance you have pinpointed on a 3 acre map as well.
You send me yours, and I'll send you mine, and we each take two stabs at it and compare results.

I pictured something along the lines of this, to insure fairness. We pick a date, say November 27th. On that day we each mail a hard copy of each respective map to each other, with the location marked, with a postmark of the 27th. The next morning, we each e-mail an electronic copy of the map to each other, without the location marked. You dowse your selections, and I'll guess mine, then we each post our marked maps on the site by 9 pm that day, the 28th. Just to make sure everything is on the level, when we receive our hard copies of the maps, we can compare to make sure there were no changes to the spots we each say our item is located.

What do you think?

Hey jonnyrebe100....I use the rods for a lot of things. I needed the roots cleaned from my sewer line. The plummer ran one basket into the line and told me he had not gotton to the roots yet. For $75 he would run another 75 feet of cutters to the clog. I told him to pack up and get off my property. I had traced the sewer line with my rods and knew it was only 60 feet from the clean out to the main line in the street. I have been to the high school and taught kid how to locate water lines, sewer lines, underground electrical and other things. If your going to plant a tree it would be nice to know where these lines are. Have you had a sprinkler line break in the lawn? Where the water comes to the surface may be far away from the break.....Art

af1733 said:
aarthrj3811 said:
That's pretty much it. Basically, both you and I know the location of a buried item in a location that is unknown to the other. Not necessarily a culvert, but something along those lines. For example, I locate a filled cellar-hole that I can pinpoint on a 3-acre map, and you know the location of a cave entrance you have pinpointed on a 3 acre map as well.
You send me yours, and I'll send you mine, and we each take two stabs at it and compare results.

I pictured something along the lines of this, to insure fairness. We pick a date, say November 27th. On that day we each mail a hard copy of each respective map to each other, with the location marked, with a postmark of the 27th. The next morning, we each e-mail an electronic copy of the map to each other, without the location marked. You dowse your selections, and I'll guess mine, then we each post our marked maps on the site by 9 pm that day, the 28th. Just to make sure everything is on the level, when we receive our hard copies of the maps, we can compare to make sure there were no changes to the spots we each say our item is located.

What do you think?
That sounds like a fair test to me. I hope one of the dowsers takes you up on this.

lucky1777 said:
That sounds like a fair test to me. I hope one of the dowsers takes you up on this.
Thanks, Lucky. There's no real glory or money involved, but it's a decently simple test than can provide sone interesting results. I know I'd love to see what happens.

Af, you are a perfect example of why I left this thread before.

Nothing can be gained with you...it is as if you have a wall in front of your mind that shields against incoming information.

You obviously, in your previous posts, were mistaken on your definition of "stereotypical" so I corrected you. I do not have a stereotypical view of alabamans, I just quoted one for an example of stereotyping.

Good-bye

I wouldn't submit to a test of yours if you payed me. You have such an ability to irritate...I am in complete awe of it.

aarthrj3811, yeah i know what you are talking about. im a plumber myself. not to get off track but are you saying that the plumber over at your house wanted to charge you $75 to run another 75'. thats just bad. but yeah i know its possible to find water lines with witchin stick but i cant say i can find treasure. and for the map dowsing. eghhh, that sounds a little fishy but you never know. there are a lot of unexplained things that have happened in history. Kinda like Edward Leedskalnin, how in the world did he do what he did.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back