Do the Stone Tablets lead to somewhere OTHER than the Superstition Mtns?

NP

You implied it with the "rest in piece" and the remains are obviously to big to carry or you would have carried them to U of A. Also why seal mummified animals in a cave, that makes no sense. So the logical conclusion to what you have written is human remains, and you need to contact the proper authorities.

somero, show me were I said human remains or stop implying that I posted that,np ps, all my animals over the years including my pet bird I have always said rest in peace,

Last edited:
Shall we continue with the "mummified human remains".............................
post 1288

somero, theres no further information on them than what I have posted, if you want to read more on them ,read what I have posted, other than that, then have a nice day.np
post 1289

somero, show me were I said human remains or stop implying that I posted that,np ps, all my animals over the years including my pet bird I have always said rest in peace,

You basically agreed they are "mummified human remains" with your response to my question above, so I am not implying anything, just following your implications. You failed to correct me until I mentioned you should contact the Sheriff's department at which time you became extremely upset with me.

Last edited:
somero , you still cannot show were I said that, and I don't agree with you at all, for whatever reason you think this is a competition,, your now on ignore.np

NP,

This is not a competition and I am not mad. I’m just really concerned about these events.

NP,
When you say mummies, do you mean they were prepared and wrapped or mummified by the elements? How did you seal the cave?

Joe Ribaudo

cactusjumper, everything is timing, im talking early to mid 1970's, I cant tell you why, only that no one cared at that point in time, as I said we closed the cave permanently , by the elements maybe, it was hard to tell at the time.np

This statement shows that you did not have the expertise to evaluate the site.

I have difficulty believing no anthropologists were interesting in the discovery of two mummified humans...even in the southwest they are a rare find.
post 1201

secretcanyon, at the time the whole situation was not right, you would think someone would be interested in something like that, but, they weren't,what you going to do,my whole point with this story is I too understood how bob felt with frustration, back in the day when someone would get lost in the mountains and someone would call for help the different agencies would rather argue over who's territory it was in,rather than go look for the person, but that's the way it used to be,apache junction was truly the last town of the old west, np
post 1203

These statements show I am not the only one who believes you were implying human remains and again you failed to correct the statement of human remains.

All of the above evidence is very serious and needs to be reported to the proper authorities. Basically what you have done 40 years ago is willfully bury the remains of 2 people in a cave in the Superstitions. This concerns me greatly as they may have had family that would like to know what happened to them. In my opinion, this would be considered a crime and you need to do the right thing and help with the recovery of these individuals.

I would hope I am not the only member here to see this; perhaps others may be better suited to persuade NP to do the right thing and report these remains if somebody has not done so already.

NP

The mummies were wrapped in gauze or were dehydraded bodies ?

NP

The mummies were wrapped in gauze or were dehydraded bodies ?

Marius I believe he answered here

by the elements maybe, it was hard to tell at the time.np

To me this seems like people that had died in, or were hidden in the cave, naturally dried animals can be found anywhere in the desert.

Last edited:
As incredible as it seems, finding human remains in the Superstitions and not reporting it, is not a crime. That statement has certain concessions however. Finding a fresh body, hands bound and a gag in the mouth with two bullet holes in the skull and not reporting it could get you into some trouble. But even then, if you didn't have anything to do with the remains, didn't take anything and left them where you found them, at best you would be guilty of a misdemeanor. However, deliberately witholding information if you are questioned about human remains that are being investigated , is a crime. The key there is an ongoing investigation as for a missing person.

Finding a long dead indians grave with bones showing that is of course not being currently investigated and you would be in no trouble for not reporting it (as long as you had nothing to do with the remains, left everything as found and didn't take anything.) This happens in Garden Valley and a few other locations of the Superstitions almost every year. Garden Valley has hundreds of mound burials, small hills or depressions that contain long dead indians. The bones of the dead get unearthed by animals or humans robbing the graves and the remains get scattered. Many people hike Garden Valley every year and see a human bone here and there and never report it. Once I saw a skull someone stuck on a branch of a mesquite tree, not far away was the indian grave it came out of. It's a moral obligation in those instances to alert someone, the forest service or sheriff but not a legal one.

The best thing to do is at least let the forest service know you found something and the location as soon as possible and let them handle it.

He'll I had a sprinkler leak behind a low brick wall in front of the house. Found a human leg bone when I dug it up. My guess came with the fill years ago. Called the police and told them just toss it in their bone box. Was nothing else there.
NP perhaps it was the two Mexicans the Dutchman was said to have killed and hid. Or as you now see some things are better left unsaid.

Nobody is trying to make trouble here, these are legitimate concerns.

What we have is NP implying to have found the remains of 2 people in a cave and that he sealed that cave so those remains can never be disturbed. The authorities should be contacted so the scene can be investigated to insure they are not modern remains of some lost hikers who's family may be wondering what happened to them. If I had family that had been lost out there and somebody claimed to have found remains I would want to know who it was they found.

Last edited:
well this would be a great dig ...... if someone can remember some desert place from 40 plus years ago , I for one would like to see what it is . my dad tells my a story that after the war in 40s he worked in the ca. desert tearing out the old timber from the mines , one day he looked up and saw this Indian standing 20 feet away and when he turned he was gone .

it is not when you look, and they are gone...it is when you look an they are standing next to you.

I was in skeleton canyon back in 1986...had spent a decade following C.S.Fly photograhs...the border wasn't so tight...
I finally find the site of this photograph... untitled.png
looking for the monument at the surrender site...finally found it by shear accident..i gues I was looking too hard...
I crawled into the truck an fall asleep...this was in my hear a spider walking across carpet era...my dog barked at airplanes at 30thousand feet...nothing could ever sneak up on me...
I wake up go to water the sagebrush, and I am surrounded by the surviving members of the chiricahua apache...not only had over a hundred people driving in during the night, they had made campfires and were cooking breakfast...
I am surrounded.
now that is a moment.

Well- i apologise for my disappearance. I was in West Texas doing some archaeology stuff on an El Paso Gas Co Pipeline. Yes to all of you who invited me. I am very interested in seeing things and especially seeing things that you all think is important. I'm very interested in what you have to say and have the time and availability to cruise the mountains. I do it on my own a lot much to my families chagrin but hey.

Al

I am in this quest also. I already asked NP to pm me the location but he has not yet.
3 pages ago.
I can remember where,and the exact spot I shot my first Raccoon, back in 1968 when I received my first shotgun.I immediately went and purchased my hunting license,took the state fire arms and hunting course put out by the Forest Service.Got my certificate, and card to carry with my license.
Come on,I can walk you to that exact spot even if a house was built on it.Which I doubt since it was in the forest,but who knows after 45 years. I can also take you to where I shot my first rabbit.
NP,you don't even remember the mountain,or how far from Weavers?
1st canyon,second,ect.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back