WOW, What A Ring!! UPDATED PICS

twister

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2005
Springfield, MO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got permission to hunt 2 houses next to eachother that are being remodeled. They are from mid 1800's.
Went today for about a hour to the first one. As usual picking most of the trash out first so I can get to the goodies. Fount this ring though. It is huge. I was like what the #*$& Hehe. Did a little research on it and the man on it was born in Germany in 1906. Gonna do more research tonight. Also found a few cents (none old) and a piece of a old cap gun and a few other things. Cant wait to get back out there again I hope tomorrow.

HH

Twister

The last pic is a comparison of the ring against a size 10 ring

Attachments

• 2005_0624manring0002.jpg
    2005_0624manring0002.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 1,360
  • 2005_0624stuff0001.JPG
    2005_0624stuff0001.JPG
    7.1 KB · Views: 1,115
  • compare.jpg
    compare.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 581
Upvote 0
Nice find Twister, I wonder how tall he was? HH, Mike

We had his shoe on display at my high school library. I was a library aid and I remember staring at it for hours wondering more about the enormous man who wore it and the extraordinary life he must have led. Thanks for the refresher and a few more pieces to my imagination. Great find!!!

TWISTER,

The J.G. TARVER , I have is the Exact same Size as a HALF DOLLAR
The GEORGE AUGER, Almost as Big but Just Can't get the Half in.

IS JAKOB's about the SAME ?

This is not the same giant I was talking about. The one I saw the on the History Channel was an American and worked for one of the circus shows...or carnivals. He had all kinds of health problems with his legs and bones, back and really suffered for several years. I didn't know about the Nazi Giant, JIM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back